NicolaBolton87

Knightsbridge Medical

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello fellow UK-ers!

Just a quick question for those of you who have booked your medical - what was the timescale for an appointment from when you called? A couple of weeks?

I have my appointment with my GP next Tuesday to get my vaccination info/medical summary and my birth certificate/police certificate should arrive this week/next week so I was thinking of booking my medical for a few weeks time just so I've got a date and get the other bits sorted in the meantime.

As soon as I had my NVC number I called Knightsbridge and they had one two days later (a cancellation), I couldn't have that one though so it was about a week. You can always book one for a week or so out and call and see if they've had any cancellations if you want to change it at any time :) I have my medical tomorrow, so I'll post a review here too! Good Luck!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: England
Timeline

It is currently 11.30 am I have been in a phone queue since 9.00 am trying to book my medical exam in London.

I have been number ONE in the queue for over 50 minutes. 

Is this normal? 

3 minutes ago, Pat Stubbs said:

It is currently 11.30 am I have been in a phone queue since 9.00 am trying to book my medical exam in London.

I have been number ONE in the queue for over 50 minutes. 

Is this normal? 

It does sometimes take a long time although that to me is abnormal. i think I was on the phone roughly 20 minutes before they answered. It is the first day back since Easter though so I bet everyone is ringing today. You might want to try this afternoon.

Timeline
Just now, emylady said:

It does sometimes take a long time although that to me is abnormal. i think I was on the phone roughly 20 minutes before they answered. It is the first day back since Easter though so I bet everyone is ringing today. You might want to try this afternoon.

Thanks for your reply, I can’t bring myself to hang up after waiting coming up to 3 hours. It does seem odd though. Must be a family of 23 on the call in front of me, or the phone system has broken due to overload.

ill give it until midday then give up.

Timeline
Just now, Pat Stubbs said:

Thanks for your reply, I can’t bring myself to hang up after waiting coming up to 3 hours. It does seem odd though. Must be a family of 23 on the call in front of me, or the phone system has broken due to overload.

oh blimey.. that's  a very long time. Clearly this process has given you the patience of a saint! Hang in there, you could be next!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I just booked mine this morning for this Saturday although I don't have an email or letter from the NVC yet so may need to cancel. They had 3 available slots on Sat morning so weekends might be easier to get in.  I was also #20 in the queue when I called so be prepared to sit on the phone for a while. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, sgwales said:

I just booked mine this morning for this Saturday although I don't have an email or letter from the NVC yet so may need to cancel. They had 3 available slots on Sat morning so weekends might be easier to get in.  I was also #20 in the queue when I called so be prepared to sit on the phone for a while. 

Oh wow, so not a long wait at all!

I've read quite a few posts on here about how they will accept a screenshot of the NVC number on the CEAC website where it says "READY"

We got our case number on the 23rd March and still no email/letter.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, NicolaBolton87 said:

Oh wow, so not a long wait at all!

I've read quite a few posts on here about how they will accept a screenshot of the NVC number on the CEAC website where it says "READY"

We got our case number on the 23rd March and still no email/letter.

We got our NVC # on 23/3 too so still waiting for email/letter. CEAC still says No Status for us. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Pat Stubbs said:

I had a similar problem last Monday! I was on the phone for an hour and 20 minutes, and only moved from #7 in the queue to #3.... I think their phone system is incredibly broken somehow, as once you get to speak to someone the discussion doesn't take that long. I think it's usually best to time when you call them to the afternoon as they tend to answer much sooner then. Although their diary booking is all over the place, as two weeks ago they didn't have any availability until 19th April, and yet as of this week they're making bookings for this coming Saturday. It doesn't really make sense! 

Timeline
7 hours ago, sgwales said:

I spent 3 hours this morning and nearly 4 hours this afternoon starting at place 19 and place 21 respectively. First time I gave up and thought I call back this afternoon. I stared at 4.00pm and finally got cut off at 8.00 pm by which time I was second in line.

This is unbelievably frustrating. Does anyone have any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Timeline
8 hours ago, sgwales said:

How long  did you have to wait for them to answer? I rang at 4.00pm (after having tried for 3 hours this morning). I was 21st in the queue and got down to 2nd in the queue when the line went dead. That was 8.00pm 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Pat Stubbs said:

How long  did you have to wait for them to answer? I rang at 4.00pm (after having tried for 3 hours this morning). I was 21st in the queue and got down to 2nd in the queue when the line went dead. That was 8.00pm 

I was in the queue for about 40 mins but I called in the morning. I did phone at 0930 and was #11 in the queue but figured I'd call back when it was quieter...

Timeline
15 hours ago, Pat Stubbs said:

I think there's something wrong with their phone system. I had problems getting through to them a few weeks ago.  Also they close at 5pm so the fact it let you stay on hold after then is weird. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.