1,040 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hey guys, I am pretty new to the forum. I have filed my N400 based on 5 years residency on 4/4/18. On Thursday I got the email that my case was accepted and on Saturday morning got the email that my biometrics were scheduled , but the PDF is still not showing.. I have to decide whether I can leave for a trip tomorrow or not. Has anyone got their biometrics letter in document tab? How long does it usually take? 

v6jto6jxhzlc.png

Hi,

Based on https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/.../privacy-pia-uscis-nass-july2015.pdf, NASS centralizes all USCIS biometric appointment scheduling.1 NASS provides automatic biometric appointment scheduling for applications that are processed by: Computer-Linked Application Information Management System (CLAIMS) 3,2 CLAIMS 4,3 USCIS Electronic Immigration System (ELIS),4 and the Refugee Asylum and Parole System (RAPS).5 Concurrent with scheduling biometric appointments, NASS also triggers the Notice Generation System (NGS) to create appointment notices for applicants. NASS sends notice data including the appointment date, time, and place; notice transaction identifier; applicant information; and respresentative information to NGS to generate the notice. NGS then creates the appointment notices and sends them to the Enterprise Print Management System (EPMS) to be printed and then sent to the applicant and representative, if applicable.

Since NASS already generated the appointment date, the letter will be uploaded online once it has been generated and sent out. We should expect to see the notice online in the next 1-2 days if the notices will be mailed out today.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Miguel&Polina said:

Hey guys, I am pretty new to the forum. I have filed my N400 based on 5 years residency on 4/4/18. On Thursday I got the email that my case was accepted and on Saturday morning got the email that my biometrics were scheduled , but the PDF is still not showing.. I have to decide whether I can leave for a trip tomorrow or not. Has anyone got their biometrics letter in document tab? How long does it usually take? 

If you look at the timelines for those who have already went through the Orlando office, usually biometrics are scheduled for about 1 month after you submit your application.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Miguel&Polina said:

How long would your trip be? 

You can usually do biometrics on a different day from what I am reading here, so it’s not set in stone. 

flying.gif 2006 - met online  | 2008 - met IRL  | 2011 - engagement  | 2012 - wedding | 2013 - IR-1 | 2014 - child | 2015 - POE | 2018 - N-400  |  2019 - USC 

Check my About me for the full IR-1 or N-400 timeline.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ivy. said:

How long would your trip be? 

You can usually do biometrics on a different day from what I am reading here, so it’s not set in stone. 

I have read you could do walk in, but you need the letter for appointment.  I wanted to go out of town for 2-3 weeks. I guess I can always come back earlier. I just saw there are few folks who got notification the biometrics where scheduled last Saturday, so I wanted to check whether or not anyone had their letter in the document tab. 

v6jto6jxhzlc.png

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Miguel&Polina said:

I have read you could do walk in, but you need the letter for appointment.  I wanted to go out of town for 2-3 weeks. I guess I can always come back earlier. I just saw there are few folks who got notification the biometrics where scheduled last Saturday, so I wanted to check whether or not anyone had their letter in the document tab. 

I also read that people showed up after missing their apt to schedule a new one and were seen on the spot. 

Alternatively, if you are going somewhere where there is another USCIS office, you can walk in there, too. 

Funny, I checked my online portal 3 times today and now again and I see my letter

April 23rd 

flying.gif 2006 - met online  | 2008 - met IRL  | 2011 - engagement  | 2012 - wedding | 2013 - IR-1 | 2014 - child | 2015 - POE | 2018 - N-400  |  2019 - USC 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ivy. said:

I also read that people showed up after missing their apt to schedule a new one and were seen on the spot. 

Alternatively, if you are going somewhere where there is another USCIS office, you can walk in there, too. 

Funny, I checked my online portal 3 times today and now again and I see my letter

April 23rd 

Just read your post and checked mine. Mine is April 26th. At least I can make betterplans now. Thank you for your replies. 

v6jto6jxhzlc.png

Timeline

My office will take an early walk in but only by 3PM. Ill go tomorrow. :)

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ivy. said:

My office will take an early walk in but only by 3PM. Ill go tomorrow. :)

Good luck to you! How would you know if they take early walk in? 

v6jto6jxhzlc.png

Timeline
Just now, Miguel&Polina said:

Good luck to you! How would you know if they take early walk in? 

I asked :D

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ivy. said:

I asked :D

Oh, 😂😂didn’t think of that. Now I am trying to google to see if I could do it in Orlando tomorrow. 

v6jto6jxhzlc.png

Timeline

There is a topic here where people are reporting if they did early walk in successfully or not. Can’t look for it now but you should try. If you can’t find it, I’ll try to do it later

N-400: April 2018 Applicants

==================================
Dallas/Lewisville, Texas Lockbox
UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line.|Int ltr.|Intrvw..|Oath....|Field Office.....|NBC/IOE
.................|--/--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|.................|.......

================================
USCIS Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox
UserName.........|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA..|Fprints.|In Line.|Int ltr.|Intrvw..|Oath....|Field Office.....|NBC/IOE
.................|--/--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|.................|.......

USCIS Chicago, Illinois Lockbox

USCIS Online Filing
Makena...........|04/02/13|04/01|04/01|04/01|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|Dallas, TX.......|IOE
Pavirotti........|05/27/15|04/01|04/01|04/01|04/26/18|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|Orlando, FL......|IOE 
Cincyman.........|06/10/15|04/02|04/02|04/02|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|Cincinnati, OH...|IOE
Ivy..............|03/17/15|04/02|04/02|04/02|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|San Antonio, TX..|IOE 
Debwa............|11/23/11|04/03|04/03|04/03|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|Indianapolis, IN.|IOE
New Brighton.....|11/04/14|04/07|04/07|04/07|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|San Diego, CA....|IOE

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:
1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

2. Please use your VJ name to avoid confusion. 
3. Please make sure you are using Rich Text Editor as your message setting.
4. Copy this whole section including instructions and paste it to your typing field.
5. Make changes and Reply.

6. Red Font = "I'm A United States Citizen"!

Legend: 
GC-Date: The 'Resident Since' Date located on your first green card.
Sent: Date N-400 was mailed to USCIS.
Cashd: Date your check was cashed / credit card was charged by USCIS.
NOA: Receipt Notice Date Printed on your official I-797 notification.
Fprints: 
 Date assigned for fingerprinting (Bio-metrics). If you do your biometrics via walk-in prior to your scheduled appointment, please enter the date in bold blue.
In Line: Date you received e-notification about the start of your interview scheduling.
Int Ltr: Date you received the official letter in the mail regarding interview.
Interview: Date of your interview.
Oath: Date Oath taken.

N-400: April 2018 Applicants

Dallas/Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

USCIS Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox

USCIS Chicago, Illinois Lockbox

USCIS Online Filing
Makena...........|04/02/13|04/01|04/01|04/01|04/25/18|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|Dallas, TX.......|IOE
Pavirotti........|05/27/15|04/01|04/01|04/01|04/26/18|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|Orlando, FL......|IOE 
Cincyman.........|06/10/15|04/02|04/02|04/02|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|Cincinnati, OH...|IOE
Ivy..............|03/17/15|04/02|04/02|04/02|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|San Antonio, TX..|IOE 
Debwa............|11/23/11|04/03|04/03|04/03|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|Indianapolis, IN.|IOE
New Brighton.....|11/04/14|04/07|04/07|04/07|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|--/--/--|San Diego, CA....|IOE

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:
1. DO NOT DELETE THESE INSTRUCTIONS.
2. Please use your VJ name to avoid confusion. 
3. Please make sure you are using Rich Text Editor as your message setting.
4. Copy this whole section including instructions and paste it to your typing field.
5. Make changes and Reply.

6. Red Font = "I'm A United States Citizen"!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.