10 posts in this topic

:help:

Hello, today I received an email from NVC saying that the have received my files and whenthey put the infomation into the computer they will give me the case#. Do I have to wait until I get the case# to send the email for the DS3032? How long does it takes to get a case# after NVC email you? also I haven't receive the letter for NOA2 is this is good? :help:

Thanks for all your help...

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello, today I received an email from NVC saying that the have received my files and whenthey put the infomation into the computer they will give me the case#. Do I have to wait until I get the case# to send the email for the DS3032? How long does it takes to get a case# after NVC email you? also I haven't receive the letter for NOA2 is this is good? :help:

This is a CR1 question, not K3.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

This is a CR1 question, not K3.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117

Everyone says this is a CR1 question but even if we have applied for a K-3 visa the NVC is sending us this information to return. Do we return this information even if we are in the K-3 process or do we ignore it and wait for something on our I-129 approval being sent to the NVC from USCIS?

No, you have to wait until NVC generates DS 3032 (choice of agent) and AOS Feel Bill. So don't email them after NVC assigns your case number, rather wait for the above.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Timeline
No, you have to wait until NVC generates DS 3032 (choice of agent) and AOS Feel Bill. So don't email them after NVC assigns your case number, rather wait for the above.

The DS3032 is for your I-130. If you don't want to pursue the I-130 for CR1, you need not respond to anything from NVC regarding it. NVC will not ask you for anything by mail related to K3.

To clarify, you have not applied for any visa yet. You have petitioned for your spouse to have the privilege of applying for one or both of two visas.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

The DS3032 is for your I-130. If you don't want to pursue the I-130 for CR1, you need not respond to anything from NVC regarding it. NVC will not ask you for anything by mail related to K3.

To clarify, you have not applied for any visa yet. You have petitioned for your spouse to have the privilege of applying for one or both of two visas.

Does it cause any problems if I have applied for a K-3 but I have sent in the DS-3032 and paid the application fee for the Affidavit of support?

Does it cause any problems if I have applied for a K-3 but I have sent in the DS-3032 and paid the application fee for the Affidavit of support?

Have you sent DS 3032 and AOS Fee Bill after NVC generated them for your CR-1/IR-1 (I-130) process? If yes, then it won't cause any problem for your K-3.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Timeline

Have you sent DS 3032 and AOS Fee Bill after NVC generated them for your CR-1/IR-1 (I-130) process? If yes, then it won't cause any problem for your K-3.

No problem for your K3 at all but remember that if your spouse eventually comes here on a K3 visa, all money you send to NVC is completely wasted. You will not get it back. You'll pay the same fees again to adjust status unless you decide to go back to the home country for an immigrant visa interview.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

No problem for your K3 at all but remember that if your spouse eventually comes here on a K3 visa, all money you send to NVC is completely wasted. You will not get it back. You'll pay the same fees again to adjust status unless you decide to go back to the home country for an immigrant visa interview.

So I shouldnt pay the AOS fees to NVC on my I-130 because I will have to pay them again when we do the adjustment of status if she comes on the K-3 visa correct?

Timeline

So I shouldnt pay the AOS fees to NVC on my I-130 because I will have to pay them again when we do the adjustment of status if she comes on the K-3 visa correct?

Make your own value judgment on the "should" part. I'm just telling you they won't refund them if you end up adjusting status. They will be down the drain. Some people think it is worth it to keep both visa horses in the race.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.