lh2018

Questions after MNL#

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! My fiance received a notice stating that the NVC will forward the petition to US EMBASSY in Manila and gave his MNL#. The letter does not provide any instructions except to go to nvc.state.gov/k1 on february. Before reading through this forum, we didn’t know what to do next. As of yesterday we have submitted his K VISA application. Questions: 

Does he have to wait for CEAC to say “ready” before scheduling his interview appt? 

Do I need to provide the AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT  i134 before his interview or will we need that when he is here in the US after we are married? 

Can we pay his visa fee ahead of time? (While not knowing when his interview will be) 

Also, for proof of relationship, we only have a few pictures, letters, but we have a lot of skype/messenger calls. How do we go about providing documentation for the skype/messenger calls? 

Thank you all in advance! 

3 minutes ago, lh2018 said:

Hi everyone! My fiance received a notice stating that the NVC will forward the petition to US EMBASSY in Manila and gave his MNL#. The letter does not provide any instructions except to go to nvc.state.gov/k1 on february. Before reading through this forum, we didn’t know what to do next. As of yesterday we have submitted his K VISA application. Questions: 

Does he have to wait for CEAC to say “ready” before scheduling his interview appt? 

This is embassy specific.

Do I need to provide the AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT  i134 before his interview or will we need that when he is here in the US after we are married? 

You'll need to provide one for him to bring to the interview. For AOS, you'll complete a I-864.

Can we pay his visa fee ahead of time? (While not knowing when his interview will be) 

Overall yes. Fee paid is valid for a year.

Also, for proof of relationship, we only have a few pictures, letters, but we have a lot of skype/messenger calls. How do we go about providing documentation for the skype/messenger calls? 

Screenshots printouts or print the history if available.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 minutes ago, lh2018 said:

Does he have to wait for CEAC to say “ready” before scheduling his interview appt?  Generally you can go schedule the interview and pay the visa fee. Take the receipt of payment to the interview if paying at the local BPI bank. Leave time before hand also to goto St Lukes and get the medical done. Also needs to schedule and do the CFO class. This can be done before the interview, then afterwards just go back to CFO with passport and they will give stamp/certificate so they can clear customs when leaving the Philippines.

Do I need to provide the AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT  i134 before his interview or will we need that when he is here in the US after we are married? You need to send an original "wet" signature copy of the I-134 with all supporting documents to give to the embassy at the interview. From Houston to Manila I sent package with all of it 3 business day delivery for $90.

Also, for proof of relationship, we only have a few pictures, letters, but we have a lot of skype/messenger calls. How do we go about providing documentation for the skype/messenger calls? We broke down the messages into about 10 messages a month over the period since I-129f submition to interview. Shows timeline of communication without being over whelming. And yes, they do read them so maybe leave out any super personal messages haha.

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, lh2018 said:

Thank you! Just clarifying, i DO need to send my fiance a wet signature copy of i134 even though USCIS states that this isn’t needed until he arrives in the US and files the adjustment of status? 

3B0DFD89-327C-4C8D-ACAB-2938BE5C1D4E.jpeg

The above is correct in the sense you don't submit it with the I-129f petition to USCIS; but you do submit I-134 form with documentation to the embassy for the interview.

Then once you marry in the US and apply for AOS, you supply an I-864 form, this replaced the I-134.

I-134 is 100% poverty guideline and technically not legally binding where as the I-864 is 125% poverty guideline and it is legally binding to the petitioner.

Edited by Ben&Zian

02/03/2017 - Married 

5 minutes ago, Ben&Zian said:

The above is correct in the sense you don't submit it with the I-129f petition to USCIS; but you do submit I-134 form with documentation to the embassy for the interview.

Then once you marry in the US and apply for AOS, you supply an I-864 form, this replaced the I-134.

I-134 is 100% poverty guideline and technically not legally binding where as the I-864 is 125% poverty guideline and it is legally binding to the petitioner.

Thank you! As a follow up question, since I am a student I do not meet the income requirements. Is it possible to have a joint sponsor? If so, will I have to complete the I-134 along with another separate I-134? Is this accepted in manila? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, lh2018 said:

Thank you! As a follow up question, since I am a student I do not meet the income requirements. Is it possible to have a joint sponsor? If so, will I have to complete the I-134 along with another separate I-134? Is this accepted in manila? 

A co-sponsor would have to supply the same I-134 as you with their documents. So yes, two copies. Manila is known to not generally accept co-sponsors for K-1 visas; but it is case by case. Recent student graduates a lot of times are examples of accepted for co-sponsors because they have the "future potential" or what not. 

For AOS and the I-864, co-sponsors are no issue and are accepted.

02/03/2017 - Married 

48 minutes ago, lh2018 said:

You're getting some good answers but maybe this will help even more. Follow the link for step by step instructions. Using them will ease your journey.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
13 minutes ago, lh2018 said:

Also besides the intial things listed like CFO and medical at St Lukes, your fiance also will need an NBI clearance, CENOMAR(or other if previously married), and passport needs 6 months validity on it for them to issue the K-1.

02/03/2017 - Married 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, lh2018 said:

Follow the embassy instructions letter, you will find a link to that and other information here:   http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Its ROCK n ROLL time!!

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
2 hours ago, lh2018 said:

Yes it is possible.  Co-sponsors are accepted on a case by case basis with the K-1.  To improve your odds of acceptance the embassy looks for co-sponsors to be close relatives;  parents, siblings. 

You will complete the I-134 as well as the co-sponsor, including the most recent tax return and W-2.   If you do not have a tax return, include a letter of explanation as to why.

With that said, don't be too surprised if the embassy doesn't ask for support evidence, they have been very sporadic with asking for this since 2014.  It is still listed in the embassy instructions letter, so best to be prepared.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

13 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Yes it is possible.  Co-sponsors are accepted on a case by case basis with the K-1.  To improve your odds of acceptance the embassy looks for co-sponsors to be close relatives;  parents, siblings. 

You will complete the I-134 as well as the co-sponsor, including the most recent tax return and W-2.   If you do not have a tax return, include a letter of explanation as to why.

With that said, don't be too surprised if the embassy doesn't ask for support evidence, they have been very sporadic with asking for this since 2014.  It is still listed in the embassy instructions letter, so best to be prepared.

Thank you! This is the answer I needed. Will it help if my co sponsors are related to my fiance in the philippines? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, lh2018 said:

Thank you! This is the answer I needed. Will it help if my co sponsors are related to my fiance in the philippines? 

It should be your relatives, you are the petitioner.

Take what you can get, see if it sticks ..  (still possible nothing will be asked for)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.