rainmaykr

UK Interview

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey guys and gals - I have my Interview in London in June and on the letter I received it says I need to bring £13.50 for a courier.

Does anyone know if the Visa will be brought to me on the same day (my appointment is at 10am on a Friday morning) or will it be brought to me the following Monday? I don't really fancy stying in a hotel in London from Thursday through to Monday.....

Any knowldege of UK interview would be really appreciated

Thanks!

Phily C

Philip & Adrienne -Tiochfaidh ar la

Faith - Hope - Love

Met online March 05

Met in Person March 06

Phily came to America May-Aug 06

Engaged August 4th 2006! :)

Adrienne came to Ireland Sep - Nov 07

Phily came for Christmas 07

Filed for K1 23rd Jan 07

NAO1 Received 30th Jan 07

NAO2 Received 7th Feb 07

US Embassy Interview Date June 1st 2007 London, England

K1 Visa Received 3rd June 07

Entered America 18th June

Married August 4th woo hoo!

Applied for Change of Status 28th August 07

Received NOA moneys received 28th September 07

Biometrics Appointment October 13th 07

Work Permit Received November 1st 07

NOA - application moved to California office for processing! Dec 14th 07

NOA - Received Letter welcoming me to the USA - Dec 21st 07

Permanent Residence Approved! Greencard to arrive in 3 weeks!

Green card arrives! December 31st 2007

Sorry I can not help you with your questions...I just want to Congratulate you for the interview appointment and wish you good luck! :thumbs:

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

Congrats on your interview date! :thumbs:

To answer your question, the visa will NOT be delivered on the same day. The officer will advise you that the visa will be delivered within 5 to 7 working days. I would advise you to return home after the interview. My fiance's interview was on April 17th (approved same day) and the visa was delivered yesterday, May 2nd. There are many factors that contribute to the actual date of delivery. Good luck.

AOS - Milwaukee, Wisconsin

09-05-07 - Applied for SSN - Couldn't locate in SAVE database

09-06-07 - Mailed AOS, EAD & AP to Chicago Lockbox

09-21-07 - Received SSN in mail

09-28-07 - Received NOA I797 for AOS, EAD & AP

10-17-07 - Biometrics for AOS & EAD

11-02-07 - Received AP

11-07-07 - Received EAD

11-26-07 - AOS transfered to CSC

12-05-07 - Touched

12-28-07 - Touched

01-31-08 - Received RFE (I-693 Medical Exam)

02-21-08 - Sent RFE back to CSC

03-13-08 - Email from CSC - Case resumes

03-25-08 - Email from CSC - AOS approved and GC in production

03-29-08 - Receive GC in the mail w/ welcome letter same day

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They'll deliver it where ever you want them to. They give you a slip of paper where you fill in your details whilst in the Embassy and, as a rule, the visa takes roughly a week (some come earlier, some later).

Give them your home address and go wait for it there. I DON'T suggest you give them your hotel's address...

They'll deliver it where ever you want them to. They give you a slip of paper where you fill in your details whilst in the Embassy and, as a rule, the visa takes roughly a week (some come earlier, some later).

Give them your home address and go wait for it there. I DON'T suggest you give them your hotel's address...

I agree with this, it may come soon, it may not and I would not give them the hotel address. Give them your home address, go home and it'll arrive :D

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I agree with this, it may come soon, it may not and I would not give them the hotel address. Give them your home address, go home and it'll arrive :D

Thanks for the info guys - its not what I wanted to hear but hey.

Its a bit of a soul destroying process people. To get to spend only 90 days with your Fiancee before you are married is #######.

Obviously we had last year before Adrienne went home and when I was in USA but its not ideal is it.

I know it will all be worth it in the end but the US Immigration really do push you to the limit.

Without our prayer life, emails and phone calls we never would have made it.....

P

Philip & Adrienne -Tiochfaidh ar la

Faith - Hope - Love

Met online March 05

Met in Person March 06

Phily came to America May-Aug 06

Engaged August 4th 2006! :)

Adrienne came to Ireland Sep - Nov 07

Phily came for Christmas 07

Filed for K1 23rd Jan 07

NAO1 Received 30th Jan 07

NAO2 Received 7th Feb 07

US Embassy Interview Date June 1st 2007 London, England

K1 Visa Received 3rd June 07

Entered America 18th June

Married August 4th woo hoo!

Applied for Change of Status 28th August 07

Received NOA moneys received 28th September 07

Biometrics Appointment October 13th 07

Work Permit Received November 1st 07

NOA - application moved to California office for processing! Dec 14th 07

NOA - Received Letter welcoming me to the USA - Dec 21st 07

Permanent Residence Approved! Greencard to arrive in 3 weeks!

Green card arrives! December 31st 2007

The 90 days doesn't bother me in the least. In fact, we'll probably go to the courthouse on his second or third day stateside. I've spent enough time with him now to know how very very much I want to marry him. So 'only' having 90 days to spend with him before we would HAVE to get married doesn't phase me.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Its a bit of a soul destroying process people. To get to spend only 90 days with your Fiancee before you are married is #######.

Obviously we had last year before Adrienne went home and when I was in USA but its not ideal is it.

I know it will all be worth it in the end but the US Immigration really do push you to the limit.

Without our prayer life, emails and phone calls we never would have made it.....

P

Eh? What do you mean by that?

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

P

Eh? What do you mean by that?

:unsure::unsure::unsure: EMM !!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN 90 DAYS???? YOU LOOKING FOR LONGER??? YOU WILL HAVE THE REST OF YOUR LIFE TOGETHER :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

2007-10-23...mailed AOS EAD AP

2007-10-29...finally arrived in chicago

2007-11-02...NOA1 notice date

2007-11-23...the dreaded RFE comes...dated Nov 19th

2007-11-24...returned RFE by USPS

2007-11-29...biometrics in buffalo

2007-11-29...touched

2007-12-18...mailed another copy of RFE, delivery confirmation.. just in case they did'nt get first one

2007-12-29...email stating transfer to CSC woohoo

2008-01-02...AOS touched

2008-01-09...AOS touched..stating transfer and pending at CSC.

2008-01-10...AOS touched

2008-01-11...AOS touched

2008-01-11...EAD touched..stating card production ordered... woohoo.

2008-01-11...AP touched

2008-01-16...AP approved

2008-01-18...EAD touch... stating card production ordered..AGAIN

2008-01-22...EAD touch... stating card sent

2008-01-22...EAD and AP delivered by mailman yeaha....

2008-04-08...Infopass appointment......then by magic... GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED....am i dreaming???

2008-04-14... Received WELCOME TO AMERICA letter

2008-04-15...Received my GREENCARD.... wooohoooo

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE... THANK YOU LORD..

I know we would happily get married the day Dan lands...HOWEVER, we both want the formal wedding, and want that to be on our actual wedding day. So, from a planning standpoint - the 90 window is a nightmare. Will you have the visa yet? Will it be well withing the 90 day window? Of course - he tells me I just worry too much, but there is SO much in the air to wedding plan and try to hit the right dates.

Of course - you CAN plan a wedding in 3 months....just hard with over 300 guests (including flying his whole family over). Adds a WHOLE new level to wedding planning stress. Those fools on TLC have no clue!!

:P

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

So, from a planning standpoint - the 90 window is a nightmare. Will you have the visa yet? Will it be well withing the 90 day window?

How is this a problem? The 90 days doesn't start until the beneficiary lands in the US.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Well - we want him to fly over ASAP after getting the visa. Guess we just want to "have our cake and eat it, too," huh?

Our Visa Journey

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/11 - Wedding!!

Got 10-year Greencard

Ok, I must not be following your train of thought!

At any rate, we're going to do the courthouse thing first and then plan something later. No way we'd find a venue that's free during a weekend this summer anyway. Plus we want to get his AOS (mainly for AP and EAD) sent off ASAP.

SA4userbar.jpg

Ok, I must not be following your train of thought!

At any rate, we're going to do the courthouse thing first and then plan something later. No way we'd find a venue that's free during a weekend this summer anyway. Plus we want to get his AOS (mainly for AP and EAD) sent off ASAP.

Hehe - ah - it's early, my brain doesn't function well in the morning - I'm probably not making much sense!! It just that we don't know when he'll be able to come over because who knows how long we'll be stuck at CSC. The 90 days starts when he arrives. Just hard to nail down a date for a wedding before getting any sort of approval, but near impossible to book a venue to hold that many people without booking further than 3 months in advance. I know we could do the courthouse thing and then the big party later, but we really want to do it all on the same day. Just being too demanding, I suppose!!

I still may not be making sense. I claim Monday Morning Blues as my excuse.

Our Visa Journey

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/11 - Wedding!!

Got 10-year Greencard

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.