Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2021 at 9:04 AM, nikgon said:

I might be in trouble here. My interview got rescheduled from 3/15 to 3/1, but there is no notice neither on the account nor in the mail. 

Tried calling the USCIS four times. Their response, predictably, is “if you haven’t received the notice, wait 14 days”. But I don’t have 14 days!

What do I do?!

Is the notice really necessary on the day of the interview? Has someone been able to show proof that you know you have an appointment and proof that there has been no notice? 

I’m lost, could really use some help if anyone’s aware of a similar situation. 

Ok, an update. After 7 calls and 3 service requests, a tier two agent reached out to me and emailed my updated notice as a PDF to print out. Still no snail mail and no notice on the web. It’s crazy to think that I would have never found out that they moved my interview to an earlier date had I not spotted the cancellation notice by accident. 

Tips:

- once you receive your original interview notice, check on the website every day if there’s a cancellation notice

- if you see a cancellation notice, call the USCIS immediately and request a tier 2 agent to reach out to you so that you can request a copy in case the rea one doesn’t arrive 

- the first tier agents are very reluctant to engage second tier. If you run into that, politely say thank you, hang up, and call again to talk to a different agent

2 hours ago, AlienLife said:

@nikgon I am glad you were able to get confirmation and proof about your interview date! and thanks for the tips.

Did the officer give you any reason for moving up the date by 15 days?

Thank you! I didn’t ask about the reasons, honestly, because i thought it was more important to figure out how to get in in the first place. 

Do you think it’d matter? I hope it’s nothing bad, though. 

8 hours ago, nikgon said:

Thank you! I didn’t ask about the reasons, honestly, because i thought it was more important to figure out how to get in in the first place. 

Do you think it’d matter? I hope it’s nothing bad, though. 

Would not matter for you, it's an amazing news for you. You will get done earlier. It matter for us to figure out if they are moving faster or if you are an exception. I will assume that someone cancelled and they are trying to use every spot to keep moving, so they got you in earlier. Which is a good sign anyway that they are moving faster. 

Edited by MGMA

Completed my oath ceremony today. Wanted to share my timeline in case it's helpful for others (this is for Seattle):

• September 3, 2019: Applied
  • September 7, 2019: Notice of biometrics appointment scheduled
  • September 26, 2019: Biometrics appointment
  • January 27, 2021: Notice of interview scheduled
  • February 24, 2021: Interview - same day oath not given as an option. Not sure why.
  • March 4, 2021: Notice of oath scheduled
  • March 25, 2021: Oath ceremony. Very quick - arrived at 7:45am for 8am ceremony. Was out by 8:15am.

6 hours ago, SHV said:

Completed my oath ceremony today. Wanted to share my timeline in case it's helpful for others (this is for Seattle):

• September 3, 2019: Applied
  • September 7, 2019: Notice of biometrics appointment scheduled
  • September 26, 2019: Biometrics appointment
  • January 27, 2021: Notice of interview scheduled
  • February 24, 2021: Interview - same day oath not given as an option. Not sure why.
  • March 4, 2021: Notice of oath scheduled
  • March 25, 2021: Oath ceremony. Very quick - arrived at 7:45am for 8am ceremony. Was out by 8:15am.

Congratulations! Was it an individual oath or were you part of a group taking the oath?

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Hello all . 
We File 1/26/2020 

Bio 2/1/2020 

still noting 

estimate show March but 

Estimated wait time:

We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time.

what do you think we can go for interview ??

🙏🏻🙏🏻

Thanks for respond and time  

9 hours ago, Kam🇺🇸 said:

Hello all . 
We File 1/26/2020 

Bio 2/1/2020 

still noting 

estimate show March but 

Estimated wait time:

We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You do not need to do anything at this time.

🙏🏻🙏🏻

Probably another 3-4 months. 

I had my interview this week and filed 4 months before you. That should give you some indication of the processing time for Seattle. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

1 hour ago, JFH said:

Probably another 3-4 months. 

I had my interview this week and filed 4 months before you. That should give you some indication of the processing time for Seattle. 

Thanks 🙏🏻

16 hours ago, Kam🇺🇸 said:

Hello all . 
We File 1/26/2020 

Bio 2/1/2020 

still noting 

estimate show March but 

Estimated wait time:

🙏🏻🙏🏻

At current rate you are looking at:

Average: 07/25/2021
Minimum: 07/15/2021
Maximum: 07/30/2021

Do you know when did it turn to "We are taking longer ...."? It will help me a little with my analysis. 

2 hours ago, MGMA said:

At current rate you are looking at:

Average: 07/25/2021
Minimum: 07/15/2021
Maximum: 07/30/2021

Do you know when did it turn to "We are taking longer ...."? It will help me a little with my analysis. 

Thanks 👍

20 hours ago, Kam🇺🇸 said:

Hello all . 
We File 1/26/2020 

Bio 2/1/2020 

still noting 

estimate show March but 

Estimated wait time:

🙏🏻🙏🏻

Can I ask you one more question? How were you able to do your biometrics 4 days after your application? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.