CoffeeVegan

Detroit N400 filers

926 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country:
Timeline
4 minutes ago, pran34 said:

So Detroit is moving forward finally. Looks like there are two others from May who got interviews too. Congratulations to all.

Too bad on your timing for travel. From what I calculated, people get oath within 3 weeks of interview if you are approved on spot. Plus 1 week for expedited passport. So I think 4 weeks is the best case scenario.

Btw, you can cancel air tickets within 24 hours w/o penalty.

23 minutes ago, pran34 said:

So Detroit is moving forward finally. Looks like there are two others from May who got interviews too. Congratulations to all.

Too bad on your timing for travel. From what I calculated, people get oath within 3 weeks of interview if you are approved on spot. Plus 1 week for expedited passport. So I think 4 weeks is the best case scenario.

I spoke to my lawyer about this and he said to cancel the trip if I can. If not, wait till interview is done to get a clear picture of Oath ceremony date. He said there are agencies that can get passport in couple of days for an extra charge. Looks like most likely I would end up postponing Oath ceremony.

Hi everyone. Good to see you all sharing your timelines. It gives some hope of cases moving forward.

my PD is june 23, 2018. Finger prints,July2, 2018. Called USCIS last week and was told that my background check is cleared at NBC and ready to be sent to detroit local field office for interview.

i know May 1st week cases are scheduled for interview at detroit. 

Can any one predict approximately when i can get the notice for interview. I know 3 months is too early, but still i am keeping my hopes on

for an interview date atleast in November/december. 

Any approximate ideas/ guess  regardig my interview , based in my PD?

Any june filers started getting interview notices?

any inputs will be appreciated. Thankyou

Timeline
31 minutes ago, 2018n400 said:

Hi everyone. Good to see you all sharing your timelines. It gives some hope of cases moving forward.

my PD is june 23, 2018. Finger prints,July2, 2018. Called USCIS last week and was told that my background check is cleared at NBC and ready to be sent to detroit local field office for interview.

i know May 1st week cases are scheduled for interview at detroit. 

Can any one predict approximately when i can get the notice for interview. I know 3 months is too early, but still i am keeping my hopes on

for an interview date atleast in November/december. 

Any approximate ideas/ guess  regardig my interview , based in my PD?

Any june filers started getting interview notices?

any inputs will be appreciated. Thankyou

My PD is end of May and I am still waiting. Looks like it takes 4-5 months from biometrics to interview on an average. 

Timeline
18 hours ago, 2018n400 said:

Thanks pran34 for sharing your timeline.

Others whose PD is in may/ june, plz share your timelines reg interview notices.

yes, 4-5 months average timeline from

biometrics. My Biometrics is on july 2. Probably i may expect interview somewhere around nov/ dec/jan.my background check is cleared at NBC.

How did you find out your background check was cleared?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:57 PM, Sam Kam said:

I spoke to my lawyer about this and he said to cancel the trip if I can. If not, wait till interview is done to get a clear picture of Oath ceremony date. He said there are agencies that can get passport in couple of days for an extra charge. Looks like most likely I would end up postponing Oath ceremony.

All you have to do is go to the passport office across the street from the Federal Courthouse the day of your oath if your oath is in the morning, or the next day if your oath is in the afternoon and get a passport while you wait (for an extra fee of course).  Don't bother with passport/visa service agencies as they will charge even more and you will most likely have to wait longer than an hour or so.

Good Luck! 

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

All you have to do is go to the passport office across the street from the Federal Courthouse the day of your oath if your oath is in the morning, or the next day if your oath is in the afternoon and get a passport while you wait (for an extra fee of course).  Don't bother with passport/visa service agencies as they will charge even more and you will most likely have to wait longer than an hour or so.

Good Luck! 

So they can provide passport on the same day?

I did not know about it. Thank you so much for the information.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sam Kam said:

So they can provide passport on the same day?

I did not know about it. Thank you so much for the information.

If you have travel arrangements soon, yes, they can do it while you wait.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
Filled 6/13/18
fingerprinted 7/12/18
online case update say it’s being reviewed 
2018n400

Any june filers in detroit, got interview notices:

i know May end filers (pran34) got interview letter. 

I am hoping to receive the interview letter by october end or so, my priority date ia june 23.

Any thoughts or inputs would be appreciated

same here filled 6/13/18

fingerprint on 7/12/18

online case status says they got everything 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.