3,014 posts in this topic

hello everyone I just received this email today and want to know what that means? I checked my case statues online and there are no updates, does the statues usually change if they send an RFE ?   am afraid they sent an RFE to my previous representatives address!! I sent a change of address they received on may 28th, but the email says last action was taken on may 23rd! if I go to an info pass would they be able to confirm if my address was changed and there are any sent RFEs? 

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time

We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on May 23, 2018.

Edited by AIDA88

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, asimove said:

Hi, everybody,

I see everybody prima facie is mostly for 60 days or 6 months, I just receive mine good for 1 year, is it normal?

I am March 2017 filer, I got a Prima Facie valid for a year in April. So you are not alone fam! We can only remain optimistic and hope for the very best outcome. 

4 hours ago, Weldonboy said:

I am March 2017 filer, I got a Prima Facie valid for a year in April. So you are not alone fam! We can only remain optimistic and hope for the very best outcome. 

yeh! ONE YEAR prima facie, super depressing 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 hours ago, PEANUTBUTTER28 said:

Are there any chances that an i485 will be denied if your vawa is approved? Im just anxious for my upcoming interview..

why should you  think negatively. just stay positive

Hi every one !

I need you guys help with my VAWA case . 

I had a attorney who from legal aid , I gave her all my documents in Feb 18 , when my USC husband physically abused me and sex assault me , emotionally and economic abused me since we marred after a month in 2017 . I called police twice and he was in charged .i have police report s and  psychologist ‘s notes and assessment and treatment plans . Also some pics of injures . 

We are entered marriage in good faith . 

My husband did applied i130 and did sponsored i864 for both my children and me . I filed AOS based on his sponsorship. 

We are divorcing now . 

But my attorney is not good at immigration law . She does not agrees to send my I-360 and I -485, I -765 , also she said I can not  file I-485, I -765 for my children at the time . My children are living with me at USA now and they are very young.

She said I only can file I -360 and I-765 choose c31 for EAD

At that time my children and my AOS were pending . 

She just wasted my 4months time and messed up my case . I got notice that USCIS denied my AOS I -485s that my husband did sponsored for my children and me , also revoked my EAD card . Deined my I-130s they my husband applied for me and my children. 

I faird my attorney because I feel like she wasted  my time and messed up my case . I gave her my documents in Feb but even now she does not has good plan how to organize my case and just want to send I-360 for myself . But never send my case out only said I will be done it next week ! 

I forward the notices from USCIS I got today to her and she said that is good . So she can purpose to file my VAWA . 

I am looking for other attorney but since I am in the hospital give my baby birth , I don’t have time to find good one in short time . So I am thinking to send my case by my self . 

Anyone of you please help me , what I can do ?

Can I file I-485,i765, I 864w for my children same time with my VAWA together? My children are living with me at USA and my husband is a US citizen . 

Can I file I-360, I-485,I 865w ,  I 765 choose c09 for my self ? 

Is USCIS putting my children and my name on the removal list since my husband withdrawal his sponsor today ? 

I do ask recommendation for a good attorney who is good at VAWA case and can take care of my case sooner . It would be good if attorney is in  MN or closer to MN . 

I am totally lost ! Help me please !

Thanks for your time ! 

Wish all the best luck for all of you . 

3 hours ago, hope1303 said:

Hi every one !

I had a attorney who from legal aid , I gave her all my documents in Feb 18 , when my USC husband physically abused me and sex assault me , emotionally and economic abused me since we marred after a month in 2017 . I called police twice and he was in charged .i have police report s and  psychologist ‘s notes and assessment and treatment plans . Also some pics of injures . 

My husband did applied i130 and did sponsored i864 for both my children and me . I filed AOS based on his sponsorship. 

We are divorcing now . 

But my attorney is not good at immigration law . She does not agrees to send my I-360 and I -485, I -765 , also she said I can not  file I-485, I -765 for my children at the time . My children are living with me at USA now and they are very young.

She just wasted my 4months time and messed up my case . I got notice that USCIS denied my AOS I -485s that my husband did sponsored for my children and me , also revoked my EAD card . Deined my I-130s they my husband applied for me and my children. 

I faird my attorney because I feel like she wasted  my time and messed up my case . I gave her my documents in Feb but even now she does not has good plan how to organize my case and just want to send I-360 for myself . But never send my case out only said I will be done it next week ! 

I forward the notices from USCIS I got today to her and she said that is good . So she can purpose to file my VAWA . 

I am looking for other attorney but since I am in the hospital give my baby birth , I don’t have time to find good one in short time . So I am thinking to send my case by my self . 

Can I file I-485,i765, I 864w for my children same time with my VAWA together? My children are living with me at USA and my husband is a US citizen . 

Is USCIS putting my children and my name on the removal list since my husband withdrawal his sponsor today ? 

I do ask recommendation for a good attorney who is good at VAWA case and can take care of my case sooner . It would be good if attorney is in  MN or closer to MN . 

Thanks for your time ! 

You can definitely file by yourself bht you have to put in the time to study what you need to gather and how to organize your packet. Read through the dorums there are lists on the documents you need to submit. And we are here so if you get stuck on any specific questions do come and ask.

3 hours ago, hope1303 said:

Hi every one !

We are divorcing now . 

Thanks for your time ! 

Hello, congratulations on your New baby. Pls keep your mind at rest. All will be well.

Yes, you can file everything by yourself just make sure you read the documents carefully and include all that is necessary. This forum will help and guide you if you have any questions.

you can file 360,485,765,865w choosing c9 if your husband is a citizen. Pls ensure to include evidence of his citizenship. You can also file for your children at the same time. Send all applications to VAWA all at once with all supporting documents. 

Please ensure you use the latest forms on the website.

All the best.

4 hours ago, hope1303 said:

Hi every one !

We are divorcing now . 

Thanks for your time ! 

If you're placed in removal proceedings then you cannot file for  i-485 with the i-360. You will have to wait till the i-360 is approved before you can file for 485. You will have to appear front of immigration judge and he only has the jurisdiction over your case. Hire a really good attorney who has experience in VAWA. 

Hello All,

i have received my I-485 interview date :) Do you have any suggestions , I will go to interview by myself. what kind of questions they will ask?

sept 27,2016 - received the case

dec 20, 2017 - i 360 approved

jan 4,2018- renew EAD card received

jan 19, 2018 - i 485 transferred to another office for jurisdiction

june 27, 2018 - i 485 interview date

no rfe

office : Newark

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.