3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
15 minutes ago, Shallovercome32 said:

That's what I thinking too.. As I also received update on EAD card that I had received from March 2017.. So weird what is going on with them. I am still waiting for update on my I-360 files from Dec 2016.. It's been 18mths now today. 

You should be hearing something soon, if anything get in contact with your senator's office and they can inquire on your behalf.  My Vawa was approved back in March, I filed November 2016 but I had my senator's office constantly bug them. 

21 minutes ago, MsVi2 said:

I'm still waiting for my first EAD too, it's been about 90 days since my Vawa was approved and still nothing.

My lawyer said 90 days but i see things are going very slow.....i will keep you posted if it comes before .

21 minutes ago, MsVi2 said:

You should be hearing something soon, if anything get in contact with your senator's office and they can inquire on your behalf.  My Vawa was approved back in March, I filed November 2016 but I had my senator's office constantly bug them. 

Thank you.. I will contact senotor this wait is killing me slowly.. 

25 minutes ago, Strife said:

Hi All,

Everybody is talking about email and text updates but I have not received any email or text update in regards to my case, even after providing my mobile phone number in the G form which specifically asks for it. Is this something I can contact USCIS for?

i did also but haven't seen any update as yet

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
1 hour ago, Florecita_Bella said:

I wonder if along with the email sent by USCIS informing about a work permit that had previously sent apparently by mistake, it also sends a Spyware (virus) file that detects the IP address of the person who opened (received) the email, way they can know where the person is located regarding the case that was previously closed and in that way be able to locate or track it through ICE. :(

U can use VP on your laptop or desktop if you don't feel safe 

1 hour ago, Strife said:

Hi All,

Everybody is talking about email and text updates but I have not received any email or text update in regards to my case, even after providing my mobile phone number in the G form which specifically asks for it. Is this something I can contact USCIS for?

USCIS does not update from the G form even though that is what it is meant for. 

You have to go to the USCIS my Case page and make an account and enter your receipt numbers. Then at the bottom there is an option for text and email updates. That’s how people get updates. 

1 hour ago, Caribbeanchild said:

Has anyone received their first EAD card  lately......i'm  at 80 days so far.

Yes .. i got mine approved 10 days ago and they lawyer recieved the approval notices and the combo card 4 days ago .. 

filed 2/22/2018 i got the approval in 89 days ! 

You should hear something from them soon .. 

when did you filed ? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Heads up guys.. my case is turning so weird I just got a call from my lawyer I just got a second ead card so I got one on the 18th of may and one today lol I guess she said it might be bc I have a vawa case and an adjustment of status case God knows why though @sandra any clue ??

1 minute ago, Florecita_Bella said:

after opening the mail it is no longer useful to use VPN, but thanks ...

That's true but also realistically if ICE really wants to find you, all they would need is your phone number. Our greedy phone companies sell our device location to private companies and hands it over to uncle sam willingly. However, I doubt any of us are considered high-value targets for ICE/DHS to go to use those extreme measures. If you filed your case and have a pending matter before USCIS, you are generally considered to be within a discretionary authorized period of stay while the matter is being adjudicated. However, an arrest or conviction for certain offenses can cause that discretion to be rescinded. To the OP I dont think you have anything to worry about.

6 minutes ago, Cindygodisgood1 said:

Heads up guys.. my case is turning so weird I just got a call from my lawyer I just got a second ead card so I got one on the 18th of may and one today lol I guess she said it might be bc I have a vawa case and an adjustment of status case God knows why though @sandra any clue ??

That's extremely weird, so now you have 2 valid ead cards?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Military said:

That's true but also realistically if ICE really wants to find you, all they would need is your phone number. Our greedy phone companies sell our device location to private companies and hands it over to uncle sam willingly. However, I doubt any of us are considered high-value targets for ICE/DHS to go to use those extreme measures. If you filed your case and have a pending matter before USCIS, you are generally considered to be within a discretionary authorized period of stay while the matter is being adjudicated. However, an arrest or conviction for certain offenses can cause that discretion to be rescinded. To the OP I dont think you have anything to worry about.

That's extremely weird, so now you have 2 valid ead cards?

That is correct lol but she said to just use 1 but looking at the cards one says category c09 and the other c31 can anyone tell me what does it mean ??

Edited by Cindygodisgood1

22 minutes ago, Cindygodisgood1 said:

That is correct lol but she said to just use 1 but looking at the cards one says category c09 and the other c31 can anyone tell me what does it mean ??

EAD with c09 you get when you've already filed for I-485, with c31 only after your vawa case was approved, with c09 you could get ead faster, check the dates on both cards and you'll see the difference, maybe your lawyer got the first - with c09 - earlier and did not inform you. 

Edited by Veronika691

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Veronika691 said:

EAD with c09 you get when you've already filed for I-485, with c31 while you vawa case was approved, with c09 you could get ead faster, check the dates on both cards and you'll see the difference, maybe your lawyer got the first - with c09 - earlier and did not inform you. 

So if I got the c31 does that mean my vawa is approved!!!!!!?????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.