Derwood

Notice of Case Transfer Received in the mail

97 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

submitted ROC paperwork end of November 2019.  Got a fairly quick response in early December saying they got our packet.  Today got another I-797 in the mail stating it’s been transferred to MSC or NBC.  Anyone any idea why this is?  I’ve been searching the internet all day to try to find answers and as you would expect I now see a range of different answers.  Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Manicfloyd said:

Hi everyone,

submitted ROC paperwork end of November 2019.  Got a fairly quick response in early December saying they got our packet.  Today got another I-797 in the mail stating it’s been transferred to MSC or NBC.  Anyone any idea why this is?  I’ve been searching the internet all day to try to find answers and as you would expect I now see a range of different answers.  Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Hey! For me it was the best thing ever, NBC as long as I know approve cases and send your green card out, they transferred my case last year from Vermont to the NBC and my GC was approved 24 days after, best of luck!!!

3 minutes ago, Savva said:

Hey! For me it was the best thing ever, NBC as long as I know approve cases and send your green card out, they transferred my case last year from Vermont to the NBC and my GC was approved 24 days after, best of luck!!!

Thank you,

this is good information I really appreciate it.  I hope mine goes the same way.  May I ask what sort of time line did yours run along?

as I said 

paperwork sent 11/24/19

I-797 received 12/05/19

transfer notice received 01/06/20

just feels like a very short turn around! 

thanks 😊 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Manicfloyd said:

Thank you,

this is good information I really appreciate it.  I hope mine goes the same way.  May I ask what sort of time line did yours run along?

as I said 

paperwork sent 11/24/19

I-797 received 12/05/19

transfer notice received 01/06/20

just feels like a very short turn around! 

thanks 😊 

751 divorce waiver ( same sex marriage) received by USCIS on January 23rd of 2018

Biometric done on March 5th 2018

Case transferred from Vermont center to NBC in Missouri on Jun 20th of 2019

Approved and card is being processed same day on July 16th of 2019

Card was mailed on July 19th of 2019

Card got to my house on July 23rd of 2019

No RFE no interview

Good bless!

1 minute ago, Savva said:

751 divorce waiver ( same sex marriage) received by USCIS on January 23rd of 2018

Biometric done on March 5th 2018

Case transferred from Vermont center to NBC in Missouri on Jun 20th of 2019

Approved and card is being processed same day on July 16th of 2019

Card was mailed on July 19th of 2019

Card got to my house on July 23rd of 2019

No RFE no interview

Good bless!

Thank you.

Thats a quick turn around.  The thing that gets me is the speed it has gone to NBC, not even been for fingerprinting yet so for it to be sent to NBC before receiving the fingerprint appointment is the thing that is kind of worrying, or not so much worrying but confusing.  I just don’t like stress!!

thank you 😊

Timeline
1 minute ago, Manicfloyd said:

Thank you.

Thats a quick turn around.  The thing that gets me is the speed it has gone to NBC, not even been for fingerprinting yet so for it to be sent to NBC before receiving the fingerprint appointment is the thing that is kind of worrying, or not so much worrying but confusing.  I just don’t like stress!!

thank you 😊

What kind of case you have?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/12/2018 at 2:01 PM, Derwood said:

Hi Guys,

I've received a I-797C Notice of Transfer in the mail today. The transfer is dated 03/07/2018 and the address on the envelope was the California Service Center. The notice of transfer states the following:

"We have completed a preliminary review of the application or petition (("your case") listed above. As part of standard processing, we transferred your case to the USCIS office listed below that has jurisdiction for your case. That office will notify you in writing when they make a decision on your case or if they need additional information:

NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER, P{O BOX 648005, Lee's Summit, MP 64064".

Here's a reminder on my case, which is a regular, non-military, non-waiver ROC:

Applied I-751 to CSC. NOA1 February 21, 2017

Biometrics in March 2017 and then nothing until last week.

Applied N-400 online on February 18, 2018.

N-400 NOA1 February 18, 2018

My biometrics appointment is tomorrow (March 13, 2018)

February 25, 2018: I-751 receipt number mysteriously 'activates' with 'We received your case'

February 26, 2018: 'We received your case'

March 5, 2018: 'We received your case' although that update has disappeared out of the history.

March 7, 2018 around 1pm:  I got bombarded with 10 text messages and 1 email saying they had updated my case (I-751 number). My case status changes to:

my_logo.png

Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

On March 8, 2018, we transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC17XXX, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by April 7, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addre

When I call the automated case checker line it says it's been transferred to CSC????:"

On March 8, 2018 I get another update but it's the same thing.

Anyway, looks like my case is on it's way to the NBC,  and I suspect after that it'll be transferring to my local office. I'm guessing this is for a combo I-751/N-400 interview?

I have a Mis-Infopass tomorrow, so I'll ask and report back.

I have similar case. How long USCIS to approve your ROC after the transfer to NBC?

You don’t want to know...

I made the cardinal error of asking for a reschedule of my naturalisation interview which cause a nine month delay and my cases had already been combined.

My I-751 took 26 months in total. 

Spoiler

K1

15 November 2013: Sent I-129F Package 

21 November 2013: NOA1 

20 December 2013: NOA2

23 January 2014: Medical (London)

11 April 2014: Interview - Approved!

29 April 2014: POE Chicago

20 June 2014: Married in DC

AOS

7 July 2014: Mailed AOSEAD & AP forms via USPS

14 July 2014: NOA1 Text & E-Mails (x3) received at 23:52hrs (Received Date: 07/11/2014)

14 July 2014: Cheque cashed & I-485 transferred to Nebraska Service Centre

18 July 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received (x3)

22 July 2014: Biometrics Letter rec'd (Appointment 07/31/2014)

23 July 2014: Early Biometrics walk-in at Cincinnati office successful!

05 September 2014: EAD & AP approved! (texts rec'd 16:45hrs)

11 September 2014: EAD/AP card mailed

12 September 2014: EAD/AP card in hand (delivered 9:54am)

18 October 2014: Potential interview waiver letter rec'd (Dated: 10/15/2014)

19 May 2015: I-485 approved! (No interview) Welcome letter mailed!

23 May 2015: I-797 (NOA2) Welcome notice received

27 May 2015: Green card received

ROC

ROC filing window opens 18 February 2017

16 February 2017: ROC packet mailed to CSC

18 February 2017: USPS Tracking - Ready for collection from PO Box

25 February 2017: NOA1 received dated 02/21/2017

03 March 2017: Received biometrics appointment letter dated 25th February 2017. Appointment on 16 March 2017.

16 March 2017: Biometrics completed

08 March 2018: Case (allegedly) transferred to the National Benefits Center (presumably for a combo interview)

04 April 2019: ROC approved (as part of N-400 combo interview)

N-400

18 February 2018: N-400 Application submitted online

21 February 2018: NOA1 Rreceived

23 February 2018: Biometrics appointment letter received. Appointment 13 March 2018. 

27 April 2018: Interview notice received. Interview Date: June 5, 2018. Request to reschedule sent as out of the country at that time.

04 April 2019: Attended interview ... PASSED!

11 April 2019: Oath ceremony

On 3/12/2018 at 2:01 PM, Derwood said:

Hi Guys,

I've received a I-797C Notice of Transfer in the mail today. The transfer is dated 03/07/2018 and the address on the envelope was the California Service Center. The notice of transfer states the following:

"We have completed a preliminary review of the application or petition (("your case") listed above. As part of standard processing, we transferred your case to the USCIS office listed below that has jurisdiction for your case. That office will notify you in writing when they make a decision on your case or if they need additional information:

NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER, P{O BOX 648005, Lee's Summit, MP 64064".

Here's a reminder on my case, which is a regular, non-military, non-waiver ROC:

Applied I-751 to CSC. NOA1 February 21, 2017

Biometrics in March 2017 and then nothing until last week.

Applied N-400 online on February 18, 2018.

N-400 NOA1 February 18, 2018

My biometrics appointment is tomorrow (March 13, 2018)

February 25, 2018: I-751 receipt number mysteriously 'activates' with 'We received your case'

February 26, 2018: 'We received your case'

March 5, 2018: 'We received your case' although that update has disappeared out of the history.

March 7, 2018 around 1pm:  I got bombarded with 10 text messages and 1 email saying they had updated my case (I-751 number). My case status changes to:

my_logo.png

Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

On March 8, 2018, we transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number WAC17XXX, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by April 7, 2018, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addre

When I call the automated case checker line it says it's been transferred to CSC????:"

On March 8, 2018 I get another update but it's the same thing.

Anyway, looks like my case is on it's way to the NBC,  and I suspect after that it'll be transferring to my local office. I'm guessing this is for a combo I-751/N-400 interview?

I have a Mis-Infopass tomorrow, so I'll ask and report back.

Hello, I have the same timeline with you. How long after your ROC transfer to nbc before they get back to you?

• 8 months later...

Hello there,, I was hoping someone can help shed some light to my question. I applied for my I-751 in 2015, didn't get an interview, then applied for my N400 in 03/05/2017 didn't get an interview date until 08/31/2019 Almost 3 years after. I did two interviews on that day (I-751 and N400) and the officer told me they will let me know when a decision has been made. I checked that status of my case today after several calls , letters and emails to the USCIS to know more about my case and the status says :
"On October 3, 2020, we sent you a Transfer Receipt Notice for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, with the Receipt Number NBC*00752***, to inform you of a new receipt number that has been assigned to your case. Please use the new receipt number for the latest updates on your case. If you move, go to".

What does this mean please?

Hello there,, I was hoping someone can help shed some light to my question. I applied for my I-751 in 2015, didn't get an interview, then applied for my N400 in 03/05/2017 didn't get an interview date until 08/31/2019 Almost 3 years after. I did two interviews on that day (I-751 and N400) and the officer told me they will let me know when a decision has been made. I checked that status of my case today after several calls , letters and emails to the USCIS to know more about my case and the status says :
"On October 3, 2020, we sent you a Transfer Receipt Notice for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, with the Receipt Number NBC*00752***, to inform you of a new receipt number that has been assigned to your case. Please use the new receipt number for the latest updates on your case. If you move, go to".

Timeline
14 minutes ago, slimdizzle said:

It's a good thing! Just try to track the new receipt number

29 minutes ago, Savva said:

It's a good thing! Just try to track the new receipt number

Thanks Savva. I just called the USCIS and was told my new receipt number. It starts with IOE but she didn't give any further informations  to my question but to keep waiting. I tried checking my case status with the new receipt number but nothing came up..

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2018 at 7:57 PM, HariSeldon said:

We have the same timeline, transferred to NBC without n400 23 days ago

Our previous approval came from Lee Summit, hopefully the trend will continue 

Hi, could you please post updates on your case? I am in the same boat. I received a notice saying "in order to speed up processing, transferred to NBC Lee's Summit, MO". I filed I-751 jointly. Did not file N-400.

Edited by journeywait
updates

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.