3 posts in this topic

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Good day,

My fiance and I were recently denied for K1 visa in Dec 2017 due to the CO not convinced enough that we would get married upon his arrival. We had an engagement ceremory and it was taken as a marriage ceremony.  I'll be traveling to Ghana April for our wedding ceremony and start the spouse visa. I am a little worried regarding what to mail with our package. List of documents we plan in mailing.

1.I-130 form

2.I-130A form

3.Marriage certificate

4.Passport photos from the both of us

5.Birth certificate from beneficiary

6.401K and life insurance: husband as my beneficiary

7.Joint credit card (capital one)

8.Joint checking/saving account in Ghana

9.Affidavit from family and friends

10.Passport stamps/Tickets/visa stamps from my previous trips to Ghana. (April will make my 3rd trip) I plan on going back after the wedding and for his interview which will make 5 trips total. 

11.Pictures of places we both visited also with family and friends, engagement and wedding.

12.Passport stamp from my mother passport as she will be traveling to Ghana with me. 

13. Letter from from my husband and I regarding what led to marriage.

14. Text messages, email chats, video chats, whatsapp call log, Facebook posts

15. Naturalization certificate

16. Receipts from hotels during my stay and receipts from items for the wedding.

17. Wedding invitation card/guest list

18. Church record of marriage 

Am I missing anything else?

Edited by AfricanQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I think you have excellent evidence to front load your case. You’re off to a great start. Remember that you can keep collecting evidence to submit during the NVC phase and the interview. 

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, O&GForever said:

I think you have excellent evidence to front load your case. You’re off to a great start. Remember that you can keep collecting evidence to submit during the NVC phase and the interview. 

Thank you so much.  Yes, I'll submit evidence from the 4th trip to NVC and evidence of my 5th trip for the interview to support him. Question: looking for the date on form I-130, it expires  7/31/218. Does that mean the fees are changing?  Thinking abt mailing my package end of May....would it be a problem due to the fact that is abt to expire?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.