julyk12017

March 2018 NOA2 ---> NVC thread

2,723 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
16 hours ago, StokesA92 said:

So my fiancee received the email today saying NVC received our case. Also received an email saying it was sent to consulate, same day, and on top of that another email saying it has been approved to be expedited.

Has anyone else received this chain? We never applied for any sort of expedition, did we just get lucky?

:huh::D

I received these two emails also. 

:wub:

Petition Mailed – 09/01/2017

USCIS Received – 09/05/2017

NOA1 – 09/07/2017

USCIS Approved – 03/02/2018

Received NOA2 – 03/07/2018

NVC Received – 03/20/2018

Case # Assigned – 04/02/2018

NVC Left – 04/02/2018

Embassy Received (Showing "Ready") – 04/05/2018

Interview – July 12, 2018

Approved –

Visa Received –

US Entry –

2 hours ago, NicolaBolton87 said:

It's laid out with little drop down boxes so it asks for DD-MMM-YYYY and that's what I'm doing :(

It's so confusing. The first thing it asks for is Case Number so I put my WAC petition number and that takes me to the screen where it asks for my DOB but then tells me it's invalid, and if I put the NVC case number and try that instead it just comes up with a message saying:

K visas are nonimmigrant visas that assist spouses or future spouses of American citizens in entering the United States. As with all nonimmigrant visa applicants, a DS-160 must be filled out in order for a consular section to process the case.

Hi @NicolaBolton87 I think you're on the wrong link. I guess you're here: https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

You should go to this link to create the ds160: https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

event.png

Immigration Journey 🇵🇭  to 🇺🇸  :

i -129f completion : July 28, 2018

i - 485 completion: June 28, 2019

i - 751 completion: ---pending----

N-400 completion: ---pending----

Timeline
8 hours ago, NICK & PAULA said:

Meeeee! Got the emails then I checked my case and it says "In transit" at the same day. :wub:

How can you check your case once you receive those NVC emails?

NOA1 – 09/07/2017

NVC Left – 04/02/2018

Approved –

Visa Received –

US Entry –

Timeline
3 hours ago, Thelucybelle said:

Well I have a dress and we have a venue! We are eloping to Fort Lauderdale in Florida with my kinder and we found a beautiful Airbnb place where we can have an outdoor ceremony. Stuart’s brother lives there so it will be nice to have someone from his family there too. I think it will be on August first as I have a thing about numbers and that date will be 8.1.18 !! We re pretty confident that by then Stuart will be in the country but obviously feel the same way about jinxing things and know the number one rule about making firm plans before you are in the international arrivals hall of your POE. It does feel so nice to actually think this is going to really happen now though!!!  Wondering if others have  made any plans yet?? 

I hear you. With not knowing exactly when he will be here and just having an estimate on time (also depending on AP and the travel ban status) I'm also going to have something at a little chapel in Austin, TX. I've begun looking for my dress again and since it is something very intimate (the few family members he has here and my family) I'm looking for something simple :) 

NOA1 – 09/07/2017

NVC Left – 04/02/2018

Approved –

Visa Received –

US Entry –

Timeline
3 minutes ago, jeine said:

This is after you've submitted the DS-160 correct? I've entered my NVC Case Number and location and I get an error message.

NOA1 – 09/07/2017

NVC Left – 04/02/2018

Approved –

Visa Received –

US Entry –

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Xie_xong said:

Hi @NicolaBolton87 I think you're on the wrong link. I guess you're here: https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

You should go to this link to create the ds160: https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

@Xie_xong I've already completed and submitted the DS160. I was just wondering how you pay the fees but someone else has told me you can't pay the fees until you have scheduled the interview, which I haven't done yet.

So I think my steps are something like this (any confirmation/corrections welcomed!)

- Get my medical notes/vaccination history (appointment with my GP next week)

- Await police certificate and birth certificate in post (should be this week)
- Book medical

- Complete Notification of Readiness form

- Schedule interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Lovelise26 said:

This is after you've submitted the DS-160 correct? I've entered my NVC Case Number and location and I get an error message.

Nope, after receiving your nvc case number. I thought you were asking where to check your case number status if it’s “at nvc, in transit, or ready”. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, jeine said:

Nope, after receiving your nvc case number. I thought you were asking where to check your case number status if it’s “at nvc, in transit, or ready”. 

Yes. I received two emails one that said it was sent to embassy and another that just states it was approved for expedited processing. I haven't been able to check the status via other form. 

Nevermind - I was able to check the status under the Immigrant Visa drop down. THANK YOU!!

Edited by Lovelise26

NOA1 – 09/07/2017

NVC Left – 04/02/2018

Approved –

Visa Received –

US Entry –

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lovelise26 said:

Yes. I received two emails one that said it was sent to embassy and another that just states it was approved for expedited processing. I haven't been able to check the status via other form. 

Then that’s the link where you can check the status..

What’s the error message it says when you put your nvc case number and location?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, jeine said:

Then that’s the link where you can check the status..

What’s the error message it says when you put your nvc case number and location?

It was saying Invalid Application ID or Case Number. Under the NonImmigrant Visa Tab. When I selected Immigrant Visa and entered my case number it came up and said case was in transit to consular and Interview date was provided by the NVC

NOA1 – 09/07/2017

NVC Left – 04/02/2018

Approved –

Visa Received –

US Entry –

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

@KAF I just called and was told by Kendall that our case was received today no idea what happened between today and Friday but makes me feel better than the panic I went through yesterday! 

Edited by Just-in-case18

31 minutes ago, NicolaBolton87 said:

@Xie_xong I've already completed and submitted the DS160. I was just wondering how you pay the fees but someone else has told me you can't pay the fees until you have scheduled the interview, which I haven't done yet.

So I think my steps are something like this (any confirmation/corrections welcomed!)

- Book medical

- Schedule interview

Hi @NicolaBolton87 oh I am sorry I just read your previous posts saying that you did finish your ds160. It's weird because usually we are only able to book interview appointments after the payment and not the other way around. Maybe it all depends on the embassy of choice and I am really unaware on how you guys do it in your chosen embassy.

Unfortunately, I can't confirm your planned steps because we're not on the same embassy. But I can't see anything wrong with the steps you gave.

Goodluck to all of us. Hopefully everything will run smoothly :wub:.

Edited by Xie_xong

event.png

Immigration Journey 🇵🇭  to 🇺🇸  :

i -129f completion : July 28, 2018

i - 485 completion: June 28, 2019

i - 751 completion: ---pending----

N-400 completion: ---pending----

28 minutes ago, NicolaBolton87 said:

- Book medical

- Schedule interview

- You have to complete the applicant readiness form https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/immigrant-visas-notification-applicant-readiness-form/

- Then go to https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv

There you will enter your information for the umpteenth time, then it will show you the earliest available date, THEN you pay the fee. :)

9 minutes ago, Just-in-case18 said:

For anyone going through the UK embassy do you know if you pay for the medical prior to the appointment? 

Thanks! 

You pay at the appointment

K-1

Spoiler

Mailed I-129F:   5 September, 2017

Received:  8 September, 2017
I-129F NOA1:    11 September, 2017

I-129F NOA2:     8 March, 2018

NVC Received:  20 March, 2018

NVC # Assigned: 22 March, 2018

Consulate Rec'd:  28 March, 2018

Medical:   24 April, 2018

Interview:   8 May, 2018

Visa on Hand:   21 May, 2018

POE:   8 June, 2018 (Manchester > Boston > Pittsburgh)

Legal Marriage:    27 June, 2018

Traditional Wedding: 7 October, 2018

AOS/EAD

Mailed Packet:   8 September, 2018

NOA1:  13 September, 2018

Biometrics: 19 October, 2018

EAD Approval:   5 February, 2019

Interview: 4 March, 2019

Approval Notice: 4 March, 2019

RoC

Mailed Packet:   8 February, 2021

Packet Received: 12 February, 2021

NOA1:  20 March, 2021

Biometrics: September 2021

RFE: 13 July, 2022

RFE Submitted: Soon

Interview: Waiting

Approval: Waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.