chi6488

Confused about K1/K2 Visa Fees

6 posts in this topic

I received NOA2 approval today.  So I went to NVC and now a little confused.

Steps are I decide on an agent which will be me.  Do I then pay for both visa fees here in the states or does my fiance pay the visa fees in her country??  

Can someone be kind enough to explain the next several steps for the k1/k2 visa.  I am just a little excited and just getting back to the state from visiting my fiance as I write this .

Can I pay the visa fees here in the states?? I have given her plenty of us dollars but If I can pay here then I will pay here.

Thanks

Edited by chi6488

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It will take 3-4 weeks minimum for your case to get transferred to the NVC, at which point you will receive confirmation from the NVC and they will transfer the case to her country, which will take 2-3 weeks after you get the NVC confirmation. 

When you have the number from NVC, she can do the DS-160 online. She will pay the fees at the interview. You don't need to pay anything else on your side. 

Every country schedules interviews a little differently - some countries you email for an interview date, some you find a calendar slot online, some the NVC schedules - I would go to your regional forum or the Vietnam portal to figure out exactly how to do it for your country. 

Congrats! It should just be a couple of months now! 

(BTW - DON"T book any tickets until visa is in hand!!!!)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

We paid the first fee (for the petition) in the USA ( a check in the application) . The second fee (for the visa) needed to be paid to the US Embassy in Germany. I needed to create an account on the website of the US. Embassy in Germany. To schedule an interview appointment I needed to pay first through this website. After I paid I got a code and with that code I  could schedule an appointment online. There were different possibilities to pay.  One was for example was to transfer money from one bank account to their account. In Germany you can not pay for K1 visas at the interview day anymore ( it used to be like that) you need to pay  online before you can even schedule an interview! So if the country your fiance comes from has the same system as in Germany you could probably use your bank account to pay. It seems to be different in every country!

23 hours ago, Kalila089 said:

Congratulations!! Can you tell how long did you wait to recieve the NO2 ?

Sorry for the late reply.  I just got back from Vietnam visiting fiance for lunar new year..

NOA1 was August 9, 2017.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.