CareIsh

Confused !Case transferred from New Delhi to Mumbai

34 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
  •  We asked RapidVisa, the company online we use to do our paperwork, I asked this same question about medical done at Delhi due to my spouse living in Delhi. The answer they gave me was, " In this case, since it is with the Mumbai US Embassy, the VAS appointment for the Biometrics would need to be completed on the same Embassy. You can request for this to be done in a different location though but from experience, it would be required by the Embassy themselves that this gets completed with them." 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

I called Mumbai consulate, they gave me the phone number of US Travel Docs helpdesk, which said the following:

1. Visa Application Center, not the consulate, will handle the biometrics/fingerprinting. They have 4 VAC locations throughout India, and said you can get it done at any location irrespective of your interivew consulate.

2. Visa Application Center is also the place where you pick up the passport once its ready (around 3 days after the interview is what I've read).

2. Also said that Medical can be done at any of the panel physicians approved by any US consulate in India. I would really like some confirmation of this, directly from the embassy, but haven't been able to receive that yet. 

See below for the Visa Application Center locations. 

image.png.595733acc4cb52cbadc3b12f2dda8d8a.png

-

Timeline

I decided 

15 minutes ago, k sid said:

My Interview date is may 25th. Planning to get medical done around april 25th from mohali.

I decided to get the medical done in Mohali as well. 

Both the US Travel Docs staff and the medical clinics have confirmed that the we can do the interview at any of the approved panel physicians, including the Mohali or New Delhi.

I would have liked to hear an official confirmation from US Consulate or NVC, but I am fine with the current level of assurance that I've gotten from the Indian support staff. 

Anyone else following this advice will have to make their own decision. 

-

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My fiance did his medical at the MAX in Delhi and biometrics at the Delhi VAC early in March. He had his K1 interview in Bombay on March 16 and there were no issues with his biometrics or medical being completed elsewhere.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Amit&Julie said:

My fiance did his medical at the MAX in Delhi and biometrics at the Delhi VAC early in March. He had his K1 interview in Bombay on March 16 and there were no issues with his biometrics or medical being completed elsewhere.

Thanks for sharing your feedback, this will save people a lot of time.  

-

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Excellent, thanks for sharing. We have also done our medical and this weekend bio in Delhi, with our interview in Mumbai. Glad to see we shouldn't have problems with doing it in another city.

On 2/17/2018 at 12:09 AM, CareIsh said:

Hi all!

So today we have received an email from NVC that our case has now transferred from New Delhi to Mumbai US embassy .

We are confused as I(benificery) lives in Delhi and we have opted New Delhi as the place for my interview. That will be great if anyone who has been in the similar situation can advise..Thank you !

Because of change in rules ur case has been transferred to bombay. . I am in the same condition too. 

But can u tell me how to track case after it reaches bombay??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.