IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
6 hours ago, Dee&Claudy said:

Ok good at least you got word from nvc that it is in fact being transfered. It's really up to you at this point. So you are saying he already submitted the ds160? If so then all you have to do is pay for the visa but you cant schedule medical until case is at embassy.

Yes. He submitted the ds160,so we are going to pay the visa,....but why cant he  the medical until the case is at the embassy? 

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline

I just call NVC and they give me a case# and invoice ID#. Please can you guys tell me exactly what to do next. I'm afraid I will make mistakes

Timeline
1 minute ago, Dot13 said:

I just call NVC and they give me a case# and invoice ID#. Please can you guys tell me exactly what to do next. I'm afraid I will make mistakes

Im not the best one to say as my case went to wrong embassy but the other Haiti family will tell you...congrats on getting case number

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline

What are all the other fees that you guys talk about,please if you have time..list the next steps after approved and also prices PLEASE 

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Kween said:

Im not the best one to say as my case went to wrong embassy but the other Haiti family will tell you...congrats on getting case number

Thank you. I'm so excited 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dot13 said:

First...if you haven't already, check your case status by entering your new case # here https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx It will either say "AT NVC, IN TRANSIT, or READY". "READY" is the key word you are looking for which indicates that your file has been entered into the consulates database.

Second...Fill out the Ds160 form online for your fiance but DO NOT submit it. It must be signed and submitted online by your fiance in Haiti (they can go to like a cyber cafe if no access to a computer at home) Make Sure all info on form is correct then save it and give fiance application id so they can access it to submit it and print confirmation page after. https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx

Third...Pay for Visa. Follow the instructions on how to pay your visa fee ( http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ht/ht-niv-paymentinfo.asp ) After you pay the fee at SogExpress, the next day you will be able to schedule the interview (you will get email notification). Then immediately request packet 3 by email (support-haiti@ustraveldocs.com) .  

Fourth... Once you received packet 3 letter and instructions schedule medical.

As for obtaining police certificate im going to let @Sej handle this one as its the only step i havent completed (if you want to know why then you'll have to read through this thread to find out lol)

Epi thats 7... Wait for interview!!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Kween said:

What are all the other fees that you guys talk about,please if you have time..list the next steps after approved and also prices PLEASE 

Prices... Ds160 free.

Visa app $265

Medical $440-$450 for complete exam including vaccines.

Police certificate???@Sej

No other fees till after fiance has entered U.S.

Steps... See previous post

Edited by Dee&Claudy
Missing texts

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Dee&Claudy said:

First...if you haven't already, check your case status by entering your new case # here https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx It will either say "AT NVC, IN TRANSIT, or READY". "READY" is the key word you are looking for which indicates that your file has been entered into the consulates database.

Second...Fill out the Ds160 form online for your fiance but DO NOT submit it. It must be signed and submitted online by your fiance in Haiti (they can go to like a cyber cafe if no access to a computer at home) Make Sure all info on form is correct then save it and give fiance application id so they can access it to submit it and print confirmation page after. https://ceac.state.gov/GenNIV/Default.aspx

Third...Pay for Visa. Follow the instructions on how to pay your visa fee ( http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ht/ht-niv-paymentinfo.asp ) After you pay the fee at SogExpress, the next day you will be able to schedule the interview (you will get email notification). Then immediately request packet 3 by email (support-haiti@ustraveldocs.com) .  

Fourth... Once you received packet 3 letter and instructions schedule medical.

As for obtaining police certificate im going to let @Sej handle this one as its the only step i havent completed (if you want to know why then you'll have to read through this thread to find out lol)

Epi thats 7... Wait for interview!!!

Thank you so much. I will follow all the instructions. I love the fact that we are helping each other through this process. I will keep you updated 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Dot13 said:

Thank you so much. I will follow all the instructions. I love the fact that we are helping each other through this process. I will keep you updated 

No problem. Forgot to mention that you can submit ds160 and pay for visa to schedule interview before it says "Ready" as that is what i did, just make sure you give it enough time in between for consulate to receive. Follow my timeline and others to get an idea of how long it takes for consulate to receive.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dee&Claudy said:

Prices... Ds160 free.

Visa app $265

Medical $440-$450 for complete exam including vaccines.

Police certificate???@Sej

No other fees till after fiance has entered U.S.

Steps... See previous post

Well the police certificate is about 2-3 USD I believe 102 gourdes to be exact that is paid to the DGI and then you go apply for the police certificate at the DCPJ. We not sure if it’s required or all that important so far no but better to get it if you can. And your fiance in Haiti can just ask any body how to get a certificat “bonne vie et moeurs” I am sure you will get the info needed if you want to get it you will need to wait until you receive packet 3 and schedule your interview because your fiance will need that. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Kween said:

Like @Dee&Claudy stated no fees until fiance gets here in the U.S. but after that. To fill the AOS I-487 for 1140 USD and then about 85 USD for biometrics fee. But that’s for the future peeps. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Kween said:

Yes. He submitted the ds160,so we are going to pay the visa,....but why cant he  the medical until the case is at the embassy? 

I tried to get ours done before it said Ready and they wouldn't let him. The doctor calls the embassy to make sure your case is there if you dont bring the letter. I dont know why they won't let you do it before.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Dee&Claudy said:

I tried to get ours done before it said Ready and they wouldn't let him. The doctor calls the embassy to make sure your case is there if you dont bring the letter. I dont know why they won't let you do it before.

ok thanks

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline
On 2/15/2018 at 10:19 AM, gsdc23 said:

Yes I saw that in the consulate/embassy info but I just don’t know how accurate it is either. I’m waiting for someone to actually go through it and tell me what they paid as of recent. Thank you though! ☺️

My friend just got her email and the fee says 500 for medical

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.