IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
16 hours ago, Dee&Claudy said:

What were all documents or evidence of relationship did they ask him for?

They didn’t specifially ask for anything, he just took in photos taken after I sent the application, current chats and call logs. She did ask him why he didn’t bring evidence that I have sent him money to help out, and he told her he didn’t think it was important and she said it is... 

Timeline
2 hours ago, N&Rdorcy said:

I read somewhere early on that I’ll have to fill out an aos once he gets here so I’m assuming I’ll still have to send in one. I just wish their directions were clearer because it definitely would’ve saved a lot of time and money if they gave better instructions 

The AOS basically means adjusment of status they do have directions on here. The process unfortunately is not over because agter the arrival you have to get marry and he won’t have his green card until you file the aos.  http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos they have a basic outline of things in this link but I sure there are forum for that also and it’s basically like the uscis step again except that you will need marriage certificate and Vaccines also you will have to send in the proof that he took his vaccines hopefully they gave you a copy of the vaccines he took at the medical. 

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Dee&Claudy said:

So hubby just completed medical today and they gave him all he needs for interview on Monday. Yesss almost there lol.

Yayyyy...Witch DR did he go-to? How much total for everthing? How long to get results? Did he do xray and everything same day?.....thank you

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline

Looking for advice....k1 Visa....As most of you all know.  My fiance is from Haiti and he lives in Haiti. However,his file was sent to Dominican Republic,we put in a request for our file to be transferred on March 6th,nothing happened. Then again March 12th and Haiti requested the file as well same day. Then on ceac website it has transfer in progress on 12th and as of today March 22nd it still says transfer in progress. Sent a request to Haiti for update on March 17th,got a response on March 19th from Haiti stating they dont have it,and they requested the case again as I Did as well.....what I need advice on is,..we did his ds160 on Haiti profile, and the interviews are getting further and further away,so I want to pay for the ds160 to book the interview so we can have a date locked in,i know once it transfers to ready in Haiti i may have to pay again. That is a chance im willing to take...i just want him to get his interview date,and get his medical done so when it does transfer it will be all done already. Our Noa2 expires in June so I'm trying to cut down time...please tell me what you all would do in my shoes...and if you have any information(that you know for sure) on this please let me know. Also,if you know how to get noa2 expiration date to expand please let me know. Thank you 

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Kween said:

Yayyyy...Witch DR did he go-to? How much total for everthing? How long to get results? Did he do xray and everything same day?.....thank you

Dr. Jude the first one listed on the k1 packet 3 instructions. Everything was $440 including vaccines. The xray was done i think last week or the week before and they told him to come back today to finish with bloodwork and vaccines. He got results around 2pm. He was there since 9am. (Overall i didnt like how they scheduled him to come in 2 business days before interview, but they got it done and thats what really matters)

Timeline
1 minute ago, Dee&Claudy said:

Dr. Jude the first one listed on the k1 packet 3 instructions. Everything was $440 including vaccines. The xray was done i think last week or the week before and they told him to come back today to finish with bloodwork and vaccines. He got results around 2pm. He was there since 9am. (Overall i didnt like how they scheduled him to come in 2 business days before interview, but they got it done and thats what really matters)

Ok thats good..thank you 

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Dee&Claudy said:

I think that’s the only place doing it 440 btw. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kween said:

Looking for advice....k1 Visa....As most of you all know.  My fiance is from Haiti and he lives in Haiti. However,his file was sent to Dominican Republic,we put in a request for our file to be transferred on March 6th,nothing happened. Then again March 12th and Haiti requested the file as well same day. Then on ceac website it has transfer in progress on 12th and as of today March 22nd it still says transfer in progress. Sent a request to Haiti for update on March 17th,got a response on March 19th from Haiti stating they dont have it,and they requested the case again as I Did as well.....what I need advice on is,..we did his ds160 on Haiti profile, and the interviews are getting further and further away,so I want to pay for the ds160 to book the interview so we can have a date locked in,i know once it transfers to ready in Haiti i may have to pay again. That is a chance im willing to take...i just want him to get his interview date,and get his medical done so when it does transfer it will be all done already. Our Noa2 expires in June so I'm trying to cut down time...please tell me what you all would do in my shoes...and if you have any information(that you know for sure) on this please let me know. Also,if you know how to get noa2 expiration date to expand please let me know. Thank you 

Hmmm this is a tough one. Hopefully @Sej can help (very informative). Did you call NVC and see if they could answer that ? and what did embassy have to say about the transfer time. Cant see why its taking so long. BTW you dont pay for the DS160 your fiance has to submit it in Haiti. You can fill it out for him though. You pay for the visa to schedule interview.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Dee&Claudy said:

Hmmm this is a tough one. Hopefully @Sej can help (very informative). Did you call NVC and see if they could answer that ? and what did embassy have to say about the transfer time. Cant see why its taking so long. BTW you dont pay for the DS160 your fiance has to submit it in Haiti. You can fill it out for him though. You pay for the visa to schedule interview.

Callin nvc now....they wont give me a time frame on how long 

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dee&Claudy said:

I was hoping you would btw lol.  

But @Kween I know you want things to move along but where you are at is kind of tricky and doing things early doesn’t necessarily mean good. I hate to be negative but the reality is you don’t know where your case is and you can’t be sure they won’t force your fiance to travel to the DR for the interview, without those uncertainties I would definitely recommend paying the visa and get an interview date but if the worse happens and they don’t want to send it to Haiti then you will lose the money. But if you pay the visa in Haiti and schedule your interview it’s ok because you can change that interview date up to 3 times. So yes if you are @Dee & Claudy you can take that leap of faith and pay for your visa to reserve your interview date but that won’t mean you can do medical either sometime they actually need the letter from the embassy which is in packet 3, but I believe they also have done it without packet 3.  So if you know for a fact that it’s going to Haiti go ahead because you can choose your interview date and if your case is not there by then you can move it up until it’s there. You can’t sign ds-160 for ur fiancee he has to do it online. I filled it out and my fiance signed it, using a phone. And then you can print the slip and pay for the visa if you haven’t already.  So it’s ur choices don’t be too hasty make sure you do things properly this way you don’t make mistakes and ur fiance will be here no matter how long it takes.  And guys don’t forget sure you will have your love one by your side but the process is not over don’t just throw money at these people because we still have a lot of paying to do. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sej said:

I was hoping you would btw lol.  

But @Kween I know you want things to move along but where you are at is kind of tricky and doing things early doesn’t necessarily mean good. I hate to be negative but the reality is you don’t know where your case is and you can’t be sure they won’t force your fiance to travel to the DR for the interview, without those uncertainties I would definitely recommend paying the visa and get an interview date but if the worse happens and they don’t want to send it to Haiti then you will lose the money. But if you pay the visa in Haiti and schedule your interview it’s ok because you can change that interview date up to 3 times. So yes if you are @Dee & Claudy you can take that leap of faith and pay for your visa to reserve your interview date but that won’t mean you can do medical either sometime they actually need the letter from the embassy which is in packet 3, but I believe they also have done it without packet 3.  So if you know for a fact that it’s going to Haiti go ahead because you can choose your interview date and if your case is not there by then you can move it up until it’s there. You can’t sign ds-160 for ur fiancee he has to do it online. I filled it out and my fiance signed it, using a phone. And then you can print the slip and pay for the visa if you haven’t already.  So it’s ur choices don’t be too hasty make sure you do things properly this way you don’t make mistakes and ur fiance will be here no matter how long it takes.  And guys don’t forget sure you will have your love one by your side but the process is not over don’t just throw money at these people because we still have a lot of paying to do. 

Amen. But @Kween i feel you girl, ive been so impatient throughout this process. And it really sucks that they did this to you when you are so close. But @Sej is right you really dont want to waste money when theres so much more we got to pay once they get here. 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Dee&Claudy said:

Amen. But @Kween i feel you girl, ive been so impatient throughout this process. And it really sucks that they did this to you when you are so close. But @Sej is right you really dont want to waste money when theres so much more we got to pay once they get here. 

Yes you guys are correct I just know our noa2 expires in June and our wedding is June 2nd. We chose that wedding day because if I case expires the next week after that day we thought for sure he would be here by then we waited till the last minute possible to schedule our wedding and I took your advice and I called NVC and they said it looks like Dominican Republic transferred it no matter what he cannot have his interview and Dominican Republic because he don't have residency there so I do know he won't have his interview there so that's why we wanted to go ahead and pay the fees yes he signed it I filled it out but he went over it and find it I just want everything done so when the transfer does happen mostly everything is already completed

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Kween said:

Yes you guys are correct I just know our noa2 expires in June and our wedding is June 2nd. We chose that wedding day because if I case expires the next week after that day we thought for sure he would be here by then we waited till the last minute possible to schedule our wedding and I took your advice and I called NVC and they said it looks like Dominican Republic transferred it no matter what he cannot have his interview and Dominican Republic because he don't have residency there so I do know he won't have his interview there so that's why we wanted to go ahead and pay the fees yes he signed it I filled it out but he went over it and find it I just want everything done so when the transfer does happen w mostly everything is already completed

Ok good at least you got word from nvc that it is in fact being transfered. It's really up to you at this point. So you are saying he already submitted the ds160? If so then all you have to do is pay for the visa but you cant schedule medical until case is at embassy.

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Kween said:

Yes you guys are correct I just know our noa2 expires in June and our wedding is June 2nd. We chose that wedding day because if I case expires the next week after that day we thought for sure he would be here by then we waited till the last minute possible to schedule our wedding and I took your advice and I called NVC and they said it looks like Dominican Republic transferred it no matter what he cannot have his interview and Dominican Republic because he don't have residency there so I do know he won't have his interview there so that's why we wanted to go ahead and pay the fees yes he signed it I filled it out but he went over it and find it I just want everything done so when the transfer does happen mostly everything is already completed

Although you don’t need residency in a country to actually have the interview there but since the NVC told you that they transfer it that should be fine. And there aren’t much you need to do after NVC that can’t be done without an interview, just make sure you file ds-160 right don’t make any mistakes it is easy to do so just double check again again and make sure the embassy you want match the one you put on the ustravel website for Haiti. And they will tell you to make sure too  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.