IssaCaptureFL

Haiti K1 Visa Applicants

1,796 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kween said:

What Dr did he go to? How much was it? How long did the results take to come back? Did he do xraysame day?

Dr Théard. It was 450 and yes for the xrays.. it took 3 days for the results 

4 hours ago, N&Rdorcy said:

So our interview (his interview) was this morning. He arrived at 7 am, which is by the way everyone’s interview time. And it went well! We were approved, he said they didn’t even ask him 6 questions. How we met? Have we seen each other? My siblings? Where he will be staying? And I believe that’s it. They didn’t ask for police records only the medical information. They told him his passport would be at DHL in a week :) . Please ask me any questions you have and I’ll get an answer from him lol. 

Congrats so happy for you guys

Timeline
1 hour ago, N&Rdorcy said:

I sure will... I was wondering about booking his flight for next Friday. Do you think it’ll be there in enough time? 

I am not sure you will get it by friday but it’s definitely possible, with all things in this process there are uncertainties. I had someone who had theirs in 3 days, I had one who had theirs in a month but that’s worse case scenario you will know when it’s ready online and if at one point it says Administrative Processing then it might take a little longer. But I don’t know if you guys have check plane ticket yet but booking a flight for this afternoon or in two weeks is about the same price.  If you are you using american airlines you can make a reservation without paying for about 24hrs I believe, I am not sure about other airlines.  So my point is you can wait close to the day he’s getting his visa and buy the plane ticket meaning you don’t have to pay extra to move the date around, and if you prepare everything he can just go to the airport and travel at a moment notice.  

Timeline

I can’t wait for our turn, I did my exam on the 5th and we are getting result on friday. Next Monday is the day and I am planning on buying ticket for the 16th of april this way I can take my vacation from work and my fiance can say goodbye to everyone. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Sej said:

I am not sure you will get it by friday but it’s definitely possible, with all things in this process there are uncertainties. I had someone who had theirs in 3 days, I had one who had theirs in a month but that’s worse case scenario you will know when it’s ready online and if at one point it says Administrative Processing then it might take a little longer. But I don’t know if you guys have check plane ticket yet but booking a flight for this afternoon or in two weeks is about the same price.  If you are you using american airlines you can make a reservation without paying for about 24hrs I believe, I am not sure about other airlines.  So my point is you can wait close to the day he’s getting his visa and buy the plane ticket meaning you don’t have to pay extra to move the date around, and if you prepare everything he can just go to the airport and travel at a moment notice.  

Thank you so much we are going to wait until Monday to book his flight 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Dee&Claudy said:

Congrats! Our first approval in this group. Best wishes to you and yours as you continue on your journey of life together.

Thank you so much!! Same to you guys ❤️

Timeline
14 hours ago, Dee&Claudy said:

So how long was he at the embassy... from 7am til? And did they ask for affidavit of support?

He arrived at 6:40 this morning and he left at 9. I believe 7 am is everyone’s interview time because he said that the line was really long. No they didn’t ask for any of my financials or the aos but I say still bring it just in case.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Sej said:

@Kween did you ever get news if your case got to the embassy? Or does it still say transfer in progress. 

It still says transfer in progress,it's ridiculous. They send them electronically so it shouldn't take long at all

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline
15 hours ago, N&Rdorcy said:

He arrived at 6:40 this morning and he left at 9. I believe 7 am is everyone’s interview time because he said that the line was really long. No they didn’t ask for any of my financials or the aos but I say still bring it just in case.

What were all documents or evidence of relationship did they ask him for?

Timeline
16 hours ago, Kween said:

It still says transfer in progress,it's ridiculous. They send them electronically so it shouldn't take long at all

Not everywhere is electronic but I believe the DR should be and I know Haiti is.  Maybe it’s because of the transfer I am not sure but that’s an unknown process in this thread hopefully goes alright. 

Timeline
16 hours ago, N&Rdorcy said:

Now not asking for the I-134 is quite the shock although not unprecedented. I think the consulate do whatever they feel like over there, but I heard that for the police certificate they can make the request themself from Haitian government meaning they already know what they need to know before hand and only ask you to get it if there is a problem.  Not sure if it’s true but my fiance heard it while getting the certificate from someone who needed it and went back to get it because he had something in his file, not sure what. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Sej said:

Now not asking for the I-134 is quite the shock although not unprecedented. I think the consulate do whatever they feel like over there, but I heard that for the police certificate they can make the request themself from Haitian government meaning they already know what they need to know before hand and only ask you to get it if there is a problem.  Not sure if it’s true but my fiance heard it while getting the certificate from someone who needed it and went back to get it because he had something in his file, not sure what. 

I read somewhere early on that I’ll have to fill out an aos once he gets here so I’m assuming I’ll still have to send in one. I just wish their directions were clearer because it definitely would’ve saved a lot of time and money if they gave better instructions 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.