JoJoJoJo

What else can I do? (EAD expedition due to job offer)

44 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, logisticamente said:

I think I've read some people with similar issues expedite based on financial loss  (do a search in VJ) with a letter from the employer explaining they cant loose you for x y reason and that not having EAD on time would prevent you from working. To that I would add whatever doc you have that is expiring in 2 weeks, and maybe some bills you need to pay.. rent cellphone etc as evidence

Expedites are taking longer than before (mine took 3 weeks only for approval, I still don't have either the approval letter or the card itself, and I was very proactive with calling, contacting my congressman at the right time, and answering the fax as soon as I got the request).. but one thing is sure.. it will take longer the more you wait.. the first call is just placing the request.. then you have to wait for them to ask for the evidence... then review the evidence.. and then if approved send your case to an adjudicator.. each step takes as long as USCIS wants.. the only one that you have control over is when you put in the request.. So make that call ASAP

Just a tip.. sometimes when I need something from my employer ASAP, such as this letter, I volunteer to write it myself and they just have to review it and sign it vs them having to stop working and write this letter..

I hope this helps somehow, Good Luck

Thanks so much thats helpful. I will get on that and put on a call for expedite :) 

1 minute ago, Laura123 said:

Do you have some sorta template that i can use for the letter. And also do you know if uscis will contact employer or not 

no template..

USCIS does not contact employer, but I wouldn't dare to submit something on behalf of a company without them knowing about it..

Live, love, laugh.. and try not to think too much about USCIS

2 minutes ago, logisticamente said:

no template..

USCIS does not contact employer, but I wouldn't dare to submit something on behalf of a company without them knowing about it..

Oh no of course i wouldnt thats to risky for no reason. Just want to give them a heads up in the email i sent now to the HR. 

thanks 

On 2/16/2018 at 4:37 PM, logisticamente said:

My status changed today!! Card is being produced... I went to my congressman yesterday so Im not sure if that is why  things are moving along.

but who cares anymore!:girlwerewolf2xn::jest:

Any updates on your card?

I called and was told that there is no tracking number yet.

55 minutes ago, JoJoJoJo said:

Any updates on your card?

I called and was told that there is no tracking number yet.

Nope, nothing yet.. not even the useless approval letter 😕 

2 minutes ago, JoJoJoJo said:

Today T1 told me that only T2 possibly have tracking numbers.

Also, I was told that NOA2 was mailed yesterday. Card is still in production...

Well that is good sign.. people say they get their card a couple of days after they get the letter..

I hope they send that stupid card fast.. I'm supposed to start on Monday:unsure: I keep checking my informed delivery.. and all I have is packages from amazon..<_<

4 hours ago, logisticamente said:

Well that is good sign.. people say they get their card a couple of days after they get the letter..

I hope they send that stupid card fast.. I'm supposed to start on Monday:unsure: I keep checking my informed delivery.. and all I have is packages from amazon..<_<

I just received 6 texts (just in case one was not enough) telling me my case got updated..

now it says "Card was Mailed to me" dated today :D

1 hour ago, logisticamente said:

I just received 6 texts (just in case one was not enough) telling me my case got updated..

now it says "Card was Mailed to me" dated today :D

Thank you for the update!

Mine also says "Card was Mailed to me" dated today. No tracking number though. T2 officer asked me to call back on Monday. But I will call back tomorrow :)

• 2 months later...

Hi @JoJoJoJo and @logisticamente I am in the same situation as the two of you were. Congratulations to your EAD!!!! I am writing you as it sounds, that you didn't need to proof any financial hardship.

I have a written job offer in my hands for a job starting in 2 weeks and my EAD is pending for more than 80 days now. I guess they might give me two weeks more, but after that I will lose the job offer. I am quite desperate (probably like all of you were :o). Did you send in any other supporting documents, besides the job offer? My company is willing to also write me a letter that states why they need me and why they need me to start now. Will that be enough? There is no real financial hardship neither for the company, nor for me. 

I contacted my congressman's office already, as I heard they are more successful with expedition requests sometimes...I didn't put in a USCIS expedition request yet as I heard with congressman they are obsolete. 

9 hours ago, Deprimiert said:

Hi @JoJoJoJo and @logisticamente I am in the same situation as the two of you were. Congratulations to your EAD!!!! I am writing you as it sounds, that you didn't need to proof any financial hardship.

I have a written job offer in my hands for a job starting in 2 weeks and my EAD is pending for more than 80 days now. I guess they might give me two weeks more, but after that I will lose the job offer. I am quite desperate (probably like all of you were :o). Did you send in any other supporting documents, besides the job offer? My company is willing to also write me a letter that states why they need me and why they need me to start now. Will that be enough? There is no real financial hardship neither for the company, nor for me. 

I contacted my congressman's office already, as I heard they are more successful with expedition requests sometimes...I didn't put in a USCIS expedition request yet as I heard with congressman they are obsolete. 

Hello @Deprimiert I did provide some bills that I incur monthly, e.g., rent, medical insurance, in addition to the job offer. The bills were not in any official format and I merely printed them out and faxed them to USCIS since the bills are all electronic.

I have no idea what caused my case to be expedited and what was enough. I just sent stuff according to VJers' experience. I have not heard of the use of an employer's letter other than a job offer. So not sure if it is going to be useful at all.

(Still I waited for about 150 days, including about 5 weeks of waiting after requesting the expedition.)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.