CountryBoy

Interview Questions and Advice

24 posts in this topic

When I first came here I started collecting interview questions. They really helped Claudeth prepare for the interview.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'm still a few months away from dealing with the embassy in Manila but I'm headed over to spend 2 weeks with my wife in Zambales and I've got a file folder full of everything that has happened so far and will be happening in the near future ( she has no computer or internet access ). Thanks for putting together the Questions and advice list. It will be her study guide !

I actually didn't put the list together .. someone else originally posted it, with many repetitive questions being asked in different ways. I actually just removed the duplicate questions and tried to organize them a bit.

Have a great time with your fiancee.

CB

Donnie and Sylvia

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I updated the link here with a little more information .. hopefully it helps some .. if you can think of more things to add, please reply here ..

the link is HERE

Donnie and Sylvia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline

Thanks CountryBoy,

I'm cutting an pasting it now so I can type in all the answers for my fiance.

I hope he can remember all this stuff!

Sue

grenada.gifusa.gif

"We owe something to extravagance for thrift and adventure go seldom hand in hand." JJC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Very nice information.

I will add one question that was asked of me during my K-1 interview in Montreal. After going through the list of questions about my fiance and our relationship, the interviewer paused, looked at me for a minute and then said "So, what do you want me to do?" I was somewhat taken aback and answered (feeling uncomfortably bold in doing so) "I want you to approve my application and give me my K-1 visa". He kept looking at me, waited a bit more, then asked "Are you sure?", and I replied "Yes, I am". He looked at me a bit longer, then looked down at the paperwork and said 'OK". I really got the impression that he was expecting me to say "No I am not sure" or something ridiculous like that. I have no idea what he was trying to accomplish, nor do I think there was anything in my demeanour to suggest anything otherwise than approving the visa, so I am left just believing he was wondering why an older Canadian with a successful life and career in Canada would be willing to give it up and move to the southern US - it was all I could think of.

So, maybe adding some sort of statement that you may be quizzed about what you really want to happen and be prepared to stand your ground rather than become uncertain and confused by the question might also be of use.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Grenada
Timeline
Very nice information.

I will add one question that was asked of me during my K-1 interview in Montreal. After going through the list of questions about my fiance and our relationship, the interviewer paused, looked at me for a minute and then said "So, what do you want me to do?" I was somewhat taken aback and answered (feeling uncomfortably bold in doing so) "I want you to approve my application and give me my K-1 visa". He kept looking at me, waited a bit more, then asked "Are you sure?", and I replied "Yes, I am". He looked at me a bit longer, then looked down at the paperwork and said 'OK". I really got the impression that he was expecting me to say "No I am not sure" or something ridiculous like that. I have no idea what he was trying to accomplish, nor do I think there was anything in my demeanour to suggest anything otherwise than approving the visa, so I am left just believing he was wondering why an older Canadian with a successful life and career in Canada would be willing to give it up and move to the southern US - it was all I could think of.

So, maybe adding some sort of statement that you may be quizzed about what you really want to happen and be prepared to stand your ground rather than become uncertain and confused by the question might also be of use.

What an interesting question...I guess I would more expect that to be given to someone who appears immature and timid...doesn't fit your description too much.

Funny things that must go on in peoples heads

Sue

grenada.gifusa.gif

"We owe something to extravagance for thrift and adventure go seldom hand in hand." JJC

Timeline
Very nice information.

Kathryn41,

Thanks for the question. I added it to the list under the heading Trick Question (end of the list of questions).

CB

Thanks CountryBoy,

I'm cutting an pasting it now so I can type in all the answers for my fiance.

I hope he can remember all this stuff!

Sue

You are welcome, it IS alot to remember.

Donnie and Sylvia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.