King's

Scan passport or post it?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Why do you want to send your passport to your fiancee? For K-1 Visa petitioner's birth certificate copy or copy of all passport pages is needed to attach alongside the petition. What I needed from my fiance during interview was signed affidavit of support I-134 with supporting documents and eventually intent to marry with fresh date. I needed my own passport with me so they couldprint the visa inside :)

If you insist on sending your passport - send copies.

3 hours ago, Marcelina said:

Why do you want to send your passport to your fiancee? For K-1 Visa petitioner's birth certificate copy or copy of all passport pages is needed to attach alongside the petition. What I needed from my fiance during interview was signed affidavit of support I-134 with supporting documents and eventually intent to marry with fresh date. I needed my own passport with me so they couldprint the visa inside :)

If you insist on sending your passport - send copies.

I guess I didn't put the question well but I was talking about passport photographs not my passport.. 😊.. And your anwer was not really very understandable.. Can you explain more/better please.. Really would love to understand.. 

•  

please? 

Timeline

I just tried to answer your question about passport. Thought you are the petitioner.

If you are the beneficiary and you just want to send your passport style photos and the intent to marry do it by mail.

If there is something you don’t understand can you tell me what exactly, so I can help?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
20 minutes ago, King's said:

I guess I didn't put the question well but I was talking about passport photographs not my passport.. 😊.. And your anwer was not really very understandable.. Can you explain more/better please.. Really would love to understand.. 

•  

please? 

You're new to the system so some of those is not related to you yet. Marcelina is right, passport style photos and letter of intent can be scanned and printed out in US but, if you can sending them by mail (post) is better.

the first post was written thinking you were asking about sending your passport. And the rest is about the interview stage so you don't have to worry about that yet.

It can be confusing at first.

*I'm sorry I realized your question late

42 minutes ago, Marcelina said:

I just tried to answer your question about passport. Thought you are the petitioner.

If you are the beneficiary and you just want to send your passport style photos and the intent to marry do it by mail.

If there is something you don’t understand can you tell me what exactly, so I can help?

I understand that you responded thinking i am the petitioner that was why i had to write back to make it clearer but I think you have answered my questions already with your second comment.. I just wanted to know if its ok to send the passport photographs and the letter of intent by mail or just post it through the post office... 

31 minutes ago, Naes said:

You're new to the system so some of those is not related to you yet. Marcelina is right, passport style photos and letter of intent can be scanned and printed out in US but, if you can sending them by mail (post) is better.

the first post was written thinking you were asking about sending your passport. And the rest is about the interview stage so you don't have to worry about that yet.

And thank you so much as always.. And yes I was thinking where is my helper? 😊.. Well i kinda know you have not seen the question yet.. Thanks... 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Naes said:

2 minutes ago, King's said:

And thank you so much as always.. And yes I was thinking where is my helper? 😊.. Well i kinda know you have not seen the question yet.. Thanks... 

Guys by mail I meant regular letter sent by post office. Not an email ;)

All the docs that needed my signature I sent with regular mail/post office as a letter.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
7 hours ago, Marcelina said:

All the docs that needed my signature I sent with regular mail/post office as a letter.

Yes I meant regular mail too, it is better for pictures etc. 

15 hours ago, Marcelina said:

Ok its really clearer to me now.. Thanks for the help so much.. Can i contact you for any help in the future if you dont mind? 

Timeline
4 hours ago, King's said:

Ok its really clearer to me now.. Thanks for the help so much.. Can i contact you for any help in the future if you dont mind? 

I will try to help if I’m able to. This forum is for members to help each other :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.