BigK

January 2018 - Houston Oath Ceremony

92 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
27 minutes ago, SamBillz said:

My interview took place on december 14th 2017. I was told that a decision could not be made at the moment. I waited and waited till I finally received an update online on January 22nd that my oath has been scheduled. Since I had applied online, a pdf document was uploaded with my oath information around Jan 25th. Few days following that, I received the oath letter in the mail. My oath took place on feb 14 in Houston with more than 2500 people. Funny thing is, I still recieve updates that my oath has been scheduled and there are no further updates 🙄. I have had my passport since end of feb. hope this helps and good luck!

Congratulations. Problem is that Not only my status didn’t change, also I haven’t received any letter

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Houston2018 said:

Congratulations. Problem is that Not only my status didn’t change, also I haven’t received any letter

@Houston2018 - thank you! I would suggest that you wait patiently for a little longer and in case, your wife receives a letter and you don’t then first, call the 1-800 number and if they don’t help, book an infopass appointment. Just keep in mind, infopass appointments are only open for 2 week period at a time and they fill very quickly. I have seen it on many occasions that the online status is not up to date so I would say, don’t worry about that. Anyway, I still hope both your letters come in together. Good luck!!!

Edited by SamBillz
Missed a point

Timeline
1 hour ago, SamBillz said:

@Houston2018 - thank you! I would suggest that you wait patiently for a little longer and in case, your wife receives a letter and you don’t then first, call the 1-800 number and if they don’t help, book an infopass appointment. Just keep in mind, infopass appointments are only open for 2 week period at a time and they fill very quickly. I have seen it on many occasions that the online status is not up to date so I would say, don’t worry about that. Anyway, I still hope both your letters come in together. Good luck!!!

@SamBillzthank you, my wife had her letter 2 weeks ago. I talked to L2 officer and she said that everything is normal and my case is approved. It is the matter of time. I also went for infopass and the lady there said I am surprised that you should be scheduled by now since they have sent the case for this. She said she does not have access to scheduling department since it is a different department, but she told me they already sent it there. She said that although i have not received the letter and status has not changed, the day I go with my wife, since we are in the same section, i can check there see if they have the certificate. Otherwise wait until around early june and if not, i have to go for another infopass and then they check what os going on. It is now one month and  one week after my interview. 

Hello,

how you all got the infopass? when I try to schedule for an appointment, it says currently not available check again tomorrow. I have been checking for so long everyday. I had my interview on feb 27. my online status says oath will be scheduled but I never received the letter and no further update. when I did the online inquiry, they sent me the email saying I should get letter in 60-90 days of interview date. its been 70days already . I actually went to gears road office without appointment and ask at the front office, I was told it takes 60-90 days to schedule for oath and to wait without looking into the case. Is there any other way to contact officer who interviewed me? or to find out? I am not being able to get the infopass too. please suggest. email says case is already approved. thanks.

Timeline
1 hour ago, gautam said:

Hello,

how you all got the infopass? when I try to schedule for an appointment, it says currently not available check again tomorrow. I have been checking for so long everyday. I had my interview on feb 27. my online status says oath will be scheduled but I never received the letter and no further update. when I did the online inquiry, they sent me the email saying I should get letter in 60-90 days of interview date. its been 70days already . I actually went to gears road office without appointment and ask at the front office, I was told it takes 60-90 days to schedule for oath and to wait without looking into the case. Is there any other way to contact officer who interviewed me? or to find out? I am not being able to get the infopass too. please suggest. email says case is already approved. thanks.

@gautam every night at 12 (midnight) they open the next days. Try the page at that time. Obviously not on weekends. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

@Houston2018 Highly frustrating. Sometime they do things that doesn't make any logical sense but don't worry things always do work out. Remember they are a big bureaucracy and things do fall through the crack sometime. 

What I post here is merely my personal opinion and not a valid legal advice and should not be viewed as such.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello houston2018,

did you receive the oath letter yet? what is your green card based on?

is there anybody who applied citizen based on asylym green card? they saying oath takes longer time in such case. if anybody has that experience, please share. how long it takes? what makes the long waiting for oath when the case is alredy approved and oath is in line? alredy 3 moths since I had interview. any suggestions plz?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, gautam said:

Hello houston2018,

did you receive the oath letter yet? what is your green card based on?

is there anybody who applied citizen based on asylym green card? they saying oath takes longer time in such case. if anybody has that experience, please share. how long it takes? what makes the long waiting for oath when the case is alredy approved and oath is in line? alredy 3 moths since I had interview. any suggestions plz?

Hi @gautam

Mine is family based GC. I have no idea about your case, but if I were you, I would get an infopass (which is hard to get) and go there since I know they usually answer your issue if it passes 3 months from your interview (which is your case). Also call and talk to L2 officer. that does not make sense at all. 

@houston2018,

I did go there yesterday. it seems like they do not know much why? she said oath is in line. should be scheduled soon. but did not say exact time as she can't tell . she said everything is ok. people who had interview in April already got oath in May. and i am still waiting since feb27. they said it takes 60-90 days to schedule for the oath when i call and make online inquiry. 

do u think asking congressman will help on this issue?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, gautam said:

@houston2018,

I did go there yesterday. it seems like they do not know much why? she said oath is in line. should be scheduled soon. but did not say exact time as she can't tell . she said everything is ok. people who had interview in April already got oath in May. and i am still waiting since feb27. they said it takes 60-90 days to schedule for the oath when i call and make online inquiry. 

do u think asking congressman will help on this issue?

Did you mention that your already passed 90 days? Also when you went yesterday, did she just check on computer or she went back and ask and return? my understanding is that sometimes people are hold for something very small and only officers (not the people you met in infopass) know what is going on. 

When I went for my infopass, she just checked on computer and told me the same thing, although I did mine one month after you. Wait for now and see if you are in the next one. They still have not started the people for June ceremony (I believe it is on June 20th). Did she say if you are on the next one? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.