BigK

January 2018 - Houston Oath Ceremony

92 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 2/9/2018 at 10:48 AM, Lynyogini said:

Yay!! Such an awesome news! I'm so glad that you finally get it resolved. Persistence always pays off. 

Can you please share how long it took after your citizenship interview to get the oath ceremony in Houston?

On 1/22/2018 at 11:25 AM, Jazzy09 said:

I still have no updates on mine either. Is the oath really on February 14?

Can you please share how long it took after your citizenship interview to get the oath ceremony in Houston?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Everyone's case is different so my timelines would not match with yours. Anyhow, My Interview was on 14th December and I received Oath Ceremony Letter online on 19th December.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, BigK said:

Everyone's case is different so my timelines would not match with yours. Anyhow, My Interview was on 14th December and I received Oath Ceremony Letter online on 19th December.

Wow!!!Was there something special about your case or it was by chance?

Timeline
On 1/19/2018 at 8:55 AM, Krish1987 said:

Due to weather conditions, the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas is rescheduling the Naturalization Ceremony scheduled for Wednesday, January 17, 2018, at the MO Campbell Educational Center, to Wednesday, February 14, 2018.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well, two suggestions I have.

1. Make sure that you memorize all 100 questions because they asked questions randomly from me, my wife and others I have talked to.

2. You should read the whole application to make sure your answers match to what is on it.

Rest is just stay calm and answer the questions truthfully. In my interview, the whole test piece was about 2-3 mins, and rest of the questions (from the application) maybe couple of minutes. The only thing that took long for me was that I had a speeding ticket which she needed all proofs for that I paid it, which I provided and she looked them up which took some time. Overall, I was in and out in maybe 10-15 mins.

Thanks,

Khawar

18 hours ago, hfarnaz said:

Sorry, my ceremony was not in Houston. 

• 1 month later...

hello all,

how long does it take to get the letter for oath in Houston now? is there anybody who is waiting for the oath ceremony after the interview in Houston texas? I had my interview on feb 27 and case was recommended for approval. however, I have not received the letter for oath yet. does anybody know how long its been taking now for the oath in Houston ? and when is the next oath ceremony? thanks all.

Really? I had my interview on feb 27. my online status says oath will be scheduled. I saw this from first week of March. still not received the letter. what was your online status when u got the letter for oath? how long before the oath date u got the letter? do u know when the oath is on May? how is mine different? how u got the green card if u can share plz. I was told my case will be recommended for approval and I was handed a letter with congratulations. do not know why taking so long. thanks for your help.

Timeline

well, i got my gr. card through my son who is a citizen. I really dont know your case so I wont know the difference. I got my oath letter about ten days after the interview. 2500 people fro Houston took oath that day.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
4 hours ago, gautam said:

Really? I had my interview on feb 27. my online status says oath will be scheduled. I saw this from first week of March. still not received the letter. what was your online status when u got the letter for oath? how long before the oath date u got the letter? do u know when the oath is on May? how is mine different? how u got the green card if u can share plz. I was told my case will be recommended for approval and I was handed a letter with congratulations. do not know why taking so long. thanks for your help.

I am glad that I found this post (and forum). I have similar problem. Both me and my wife had our interview on last week of March in Houston. We both were recommended for naturilization. Our status change online to "in line for oath ceremony" around first week of April and then my wife's changed to Oath letter mailed. However mine is still shows in lien for oath ceremony. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
4 hours ago, hfarnaz said:

well, i got my gr. card through my son who is a citizen. I really dont know your case so I wont know the difference. I got my oath letter about ten days after the interview. 2500 people fro Houston took oath that day.

Farnaz, congratulation on your citizenship. Can you please tell me how long did it take for your status to change to in line for oath ceremony and also oath ceremony letter mailed? 

Timeline

My interview took place on december 14th 2017. I was told that a decision could not be made at the moment. I waited and waited till I finally received an update online on January 22nd that my oath has been scheduled. Since I had applied online, a pdf document was uploaded with my oath information around Jan 25th. Few days following that, I received the oath letter in the mail. My oath took place on feb 14 in Houston with more than 2500 people. Funny thing is, I still recieve updates that my oath has been scheduled and there are no further updates 🙄. I have had my passport since end of feb. hope this helps and good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.