BigK

January 2018 - Houston Oath Ceremony

92 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Update:

So I called the 800 number again today and explained the situation to CSR. She was able to lookup the status that Oath Ceremony is scheduled for 14th so she asked for a fax number and after providing the fax number she said that I should receive a fax today or by Monday morning at latest.

I have found at least one other applicant whose status changed on 19th January and did not receive the letter. She also called today and they are sending her a fax copy too. So I guess, something happened on 19th where somehow letters did not go out for status changes.

Thanks,

Khawar

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 hour ago, BigK said:

Update:

So I called the 800 number again today and explained the situation to CSR. She was able to lookup the status that Oath Ceremony is scheduled for 14th so she asked for a fax number and after providing the fax number she said that I should receive a fax today or by Monday morning at latest.

I have found at least one other applicant whose status changed on 19th January and did not receive the letter. She also called today and they are sending her a fax copy too. So I guess, something happened on 19th where somehow letters did not go out for status changes.

Thanks,

Khawar

Awesome news! Phew..must be a relief! By the way, it’s funny that both you and I had our interview the same day and now the oath. 

1 hour ago, BigK said:

Update:

Thanks,

Khawar

Yay!! Such an awesome news! I'm so glad that you finally get it resolved. Persistence always pays off. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, SamBillz said:

Awesome news! Phew..must be a relief! By the way, it’s funny that both you and I had our interview the same day and now the oath. 

Yeah coincidence :)

Update:

Just received the fax. Finally things going in right direction :)

Thanks,

Khawar

Timeline
7 minutes ago, BigK said:

Yeah coincidence :)

Update:

Just received the fax. Finally things going in right direction :)

Thanks,

Khawar

great!

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Jcakvegas said:

Hello everyone today is the February 12 anf i haven't get any notice like you

Now my question is do we go to the ceremony they have in February 14

???

If your status online says that you are scheduled for oath ceremony and you have not received the letter then call 1-800-375-5283 first thing in the morning! 

Ask them to fax the letter to you, make sure you have a fax number on hand.

Thanks,

Khawar 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

How Long time does it take to get oath after finish the interview successfully ?  i passed my interview on 31st January 2018. when will be my oath ceremony ? please suggest me with approximately time frame .  Thanks ! 

Timeline

@vrp unfortunately, there is no approximate time frame. There are people on this forum with varying dates after their interview. Some of wait time that you’ll see  is something like 1 month; 2 month; 2 days, etc. It depends on the approval of the case as well as the number of people that they have to schedule for oath. Just hang in there. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, SamBillz said:

@vrp unfortunately, there is no approximate time frame. There are people on this forum with varying dates after their interview. Some of wait time that you’ll see  is something like 1 month; 2 month; 2 days, etc. It depends on the approval of the case as well as the number of people that they have to schedule for oath. Just hang in there. 

Completely agree, your case is different than everyone else. I had my interview on 14th December and got my letter online on 19th December.

BTW, Sam, were you able to attend the ceremony today? I finally became citizen today!

Thanks,

Khawar

Nice, Congrats BigK. I am still waiting for my letter in the mail and also on ELIS. I had my interview on Feb 7th, and the status of the process changed to ceremony scheduled on the 12th. Will patiently wait.  

Hopefully is this month, like somehow next week. (i am in Boston though, but found this topic via Google)

Edited by Cuantico

July 23rd: Arrived USA - POE JFK

August 4th: Marriage.

Week 20nd to 26th: Convinced by wife to stay in USA.

October 23rd: Package Filed to Chicago Lockbox

October 29th: NOA's

November 6th: NOA's received

November 12th: Received Biometric Appointment

November 20: Took Fingerprints and photo at Boston office.

December 13th: Interview Letter received and scheduled to January 9th, 2013.

January 9th, 2013: AOS Approved!

January 19th, 2013: Resident Card Received!! :D :D

Looking forward for my GreenCard to arrive!. :D :D

Timeline
2 hours ago, BigK said:

Completely agree, your case is different than everyone else. I had my interview on 14th December and got my letter online on 19th December.

BTW, Sam, were you able to attend the ceremony today? I finally became citizen today!

Thanks,

Khawar

Hey @BigK, many congratulations to you and your wife! Yes, I attended the ceremony and boy, 2300 people. I was surely not expecting that many to be there.  Such a relief to be finally done with the process 🙏. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, SamBillz said:

Hey @BigK, many congratulations to you and your wife! Yes, I attended the ceremony and boy, 2300 people. I was surely not expecting that many to be there.  Such a relief to be finally done with the process 🙏. 

Thanks and Congratulations to you too,! Yes, there were a lot of people, lol.

A big milestone achieved.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.