Smile_goongyi

Medical and interview for K1 visa

105 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello visa journey family, just wanna say thank you to all who help me @Hank_ and other as well, I'm done with my interview yesterday thanks God got passed it,  thank you for helping me in this journey for all the paper works. :) kudos to all :)

To all the Glory of God :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Smile_goongyi said:

Hello visa journey family, just wanna say thank you to all who help me @Hank_ and other as well, I'm done with my interview yesterday thanks God got passed it,  thank you for helping me in this journey for all the paper works. :) kudos to all :)

To all the Glory of God :)

Very happy for you.  :dance:  

Next, get your CFO sticker after you receive your passport with visa.

Then... Safe Travels!

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Then... Safe Travels!

Thank you :)

Timeline
On 2/6/2018 at 6:30 AM, Hank_ said:

Then... Safe Travels!

I have a question is the visa validity is in noa2? Cause I have met a lady during interview for fiancé visa as well her noa2 expiration is Feb 27 then she said she needs to be in USA before Feb 27 because her visa or fiancé visa will expired.  Is that true? Because my noa2 will expired on Feb 28.  Still waiting for my visa because I just done my interview last Monday Feb 5. :)

Have a great day to all. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Smile_goongyi said:

I have a question is the visa validity is in noa2? Cause I have met a lady during interview for fiancé visa as well her noa2 expiration is Feb 27 then she said she needs to be in USA before Feb 27 because her visa or fiancé visa will expired.  Is that true? Because my noa2 will expired on Feb 28.  Still waiting for my visa because I just done my interview last Monday Feb 5. :)

Have a great day to all. 

NOA2 expiry and visa expiry are not related.  Once the visa is issued you have typically 6 mos. to enter.  The expiration date of the visa will be on the visa itself

YMMV

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Smile_goongyi said:

Have a great day to all. 

Visa expiration date is notated on the visa, right under your birth date.    The visa expiration date is usually 6 months from the date of your medical at St. Luke's.

Image result for k-1 visa

The NOA2 has nothing to do with visa validity.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
5 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Visa expiration date is notated on the visa, right under your birth date.    The visa expiration date is usually 6 months from the date of your medical at St. Luke's.

Image result for k-1 visa

The NOA2 has nothing to do with visa validity.

Thank you so much for clearing it out. :)

5 hours ago, payxibka said:

NOA2 expiry and visa expiry are not related.  Once the visa is issued you have typically 6 mos. to enter.  The expiration date of the visa will be on the visa itself

Thank you so much at least now I'm not worried anymore :)

Timeline
On 2/6/2018 at 6:30 AM, Hank_ said:

Then... Safe Travels

Edited by Smile_goongyi

Timeline

good day to all, I have e question

1) do I really need to bring original copy of cenomar and birthcertificate again in CFO seminar? Because I've read in google some of fiancée there said that it need to bring those things. 

2) I already received my passport yesterday,  it's okay to open the plastic right so that I can get my passport and visa? But not the yellow one? I'm afraid that when I arrived in USA they will gonna asked why the plastic is open. 

3) I thought they will send all the documents (Form I-129F)  once they sent my visa, I mean the i129f pocket that was sent by my fiancé.

4) do I need to get a copy of certificate of eligibility once my flight is near.  What is thus certificate of eligibility they are saying that the embassy will going to sent you?

Thank you so much to all :)

Timeline
39 minutes ago, Smile_goongyi said:

good day to all, I have e question

1) do I really need to bring original copy of cenomar and birthcertificate again in CFO seminar? Because I've read in google some of fiancée there said that it need to bring those things. 

2) I already received my passport yesterday,  it's okay to open the plastic right so that I can get my passport and visa? But not the yellow one? I'm afraid that when I arrived in USA they will gonna asked why the plastic is open. 

3) I thought they will send all the documents (Form I-129F)  once they sent my visa, I mean the i129f pocket that was sent by my fiancé.

4) do I need to get a copy of certificate of eligibility once my flight is near.  What is thus certificate of eligibility they are saying that the embassy will going to sent you?

Thank you so much to all :)

Here are the listed requirements:  http://cfo.gov.ph/gcp.html#requirements   (do pay special attention to this - Additional documents may be required in the event that the counselor determines it to be essential to complete the guidance and counseling process)

Here is additional information:  

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

Of course it is OK to open the plastic, you will need your passport for travel  ;)  

There is a DO NOT OPEN envelope in the plastic .. keep that in the plastic, keep it in your carry-on bag when you travel to the USA as you will need it at POE immediately. (the I-129F is within that envelope)

certificate of eligibility   Do not confuse requirements for other countries with those for the USA.  (like Japan ;) )

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Here are the listed requirements:  http://cfo.gov.ph/gcp.html#requirements   (do pay special attention to this - Additional documents may be required in the event that the counselor determines it to be essential to complete the guidance and counseling process)

Here is additional information:  

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

Of course it is OK to open the plastic, you will need your passport for travel  ;)  

There is a DO NOT OPEN envelope in the plastic .. keep that in the plastic, keep it in your carry-on bag when you travel to the USA as you will need it at POE immediately. (the I-129F is within that envelope)

certificate of eligibility   Do not confuse requirements for other countries with those for the USA.  (like Japan ;) )

Thanks @hanks,  I just wondering because our i-129f documents is really big binded in folder it's like a big (that's what I'm thinking they will sent to me) because what they've sent only few documents that was sealed in yellow envelope I guess only 10 papers was there. :)

Timeline
Just now, Smile_goongyi said:

Thanks @hanks,  I just wondering because our i-129f documents is really big binded in folder it's like a big (that's what I'm thinking they will sent to me) because what they've sent only few documents that was sealed in yellow envelope I guess only 10 papers was there. :)

Why do you care about the I-129F packet?   You are past that moment in time.   Did your fiance make a personal copy of the I-129F package?   If not... oh well .... move on.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

I am in the process of getting all my required documents and paperwork in order, and filed in a portable expanding file. I will be travelling to Philippines in 10 days, to support my fiancee during her March 23rd interview. There are so many multi page page documents, that i need to keep separated from one another; does the U.S. Embassy allow multi page documents to be paper clipped? I am concerned about going through the metal detector at the Embassy, and if paper clips will be an issue. Thank you.

Hi Hank good day! 

I just have a question about medical requirements for SLEC, on letter F says that I need to provide a letter with a MNL Case Number but how will get it? Will my fiancée receive a letter from NVC stating those information required by the SLEC?

Thank you Hank!

K1

July 31, 2017     -     I-129F sent to USCIS

August 3, 2017  -     I-129F received by USCIS

August 7, 2017  -     NOA 1 Received

Feb 12, 2018      -     NOA 2 Approval

Feb 16, 2018      -     NOA 2 Physical mail received

March 01, 2018 -     NVC Received file from USCIS

March 02, 2018 -     NVC Case number received 

March 09, 2018 -     NVC Left, "IN TRANSIT"

March 12, 2018 -     Manila Time US Embassy Manila Received file from NVC

March 13, 2018 -     St. Lukes medical

May 23, 2018      -    US Embassy Manila interview

May 23 to 29      -     Administrative Processing

May 29, 2018     -     Change from Immigrant Visa to Non-Immigrant

May 30, 2018     -     CEAC change to ISSUED

June 01, 2018      -     Passport with Visa on hand

June 04, 2018      -     SFO International Airport, Port of entry

June 14, 2018     -     San Francisco City Hall Wedding

AOS EAD AP

July 13, 2018     -     Sent  AOS, EAD & AP

July 26, 2018     -     PD

Nov 02, 2018     -     Case Approved

Nov 06, 2018     -     Card was mailed to me

Nov 07, 2018     -     Card was picked by USCIS

Nov 08, 2018     -     Card on hand

Timeline
4 hours ago, Scott & Sarah said:

Hello everyone, 

I am in the process of getting all my required documents and paperwork in order, and filed in a portable expanding file. I will be travelling to Philippines in 10 days, to support my fiancee during her March 23rd interview. There are so many multi page page documents, that i need to keep separated from one another; does the U.S. Embassy allow multi page documents to be paper clipped? I am concerned about going through the metal detector at the Embassy, and if paper clips will be an issue. Thank you.

The embassy will not have an issue with a paperclip.  Just NO electronics of any type.

There aren't that many documents required by the embassy.   Do follow the embassy instructions letter

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.