midwesterner27

USCIS Frankfurt. A Nightmare

12 posts in this topic

After waiting for a month to get anything back from USCIS Frankfurt they finally sent my package out to my address in the US saying that we should file it 'somewhere in the US.'

This is after I called this embassy and confirmed that they processed I-130's from Poland. So now me, my wife and my family in the US are all back to square one because of this ridiculous system. I don't even know where to go next.

What process did you start in Frankfurt? DCF?

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

DCF I-130 Package.

We had called several times and they said that after the adam walsh act that it was them that processed the I130's for Poland, and then we get this. Incredible.

DCF I-130 Package.

We had called several times and they said that after the adam walsh act that it was them that processed the I130's for Poland, and then we get this. Incredible.

Did you reside in Poland for a while? It is no 1 requirement for starting I-130 oversea, or else you have to start the process from the States, the place you reside.

DCF Frankfurt Germany

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

Living in Maryland

DCF I-130 Package.

Did you reside in Poland for a while? It is no 1 requirement for starting I-130 oversea, or else you have to start the process from the States, the place you reside.

I am a resident of Poland, I sent them my residency card, and a certified translation.

DCF I-130 Package.

I am a resident of Poland, I sent them my residency card, and a certified translation.

Then you should call US Embassy in Poland and tell them about your case. Maybe you should start the process to the US Embassy in Poland and they will take care of your petition. I don't know about Poland, but they started again to accept petition to the Embassies without a USCIS offices, I know for sure somebody in Romania just finished DCF to the Embassy in Bucharest, all the process took only a month, very very fast.

So contact the US Embassy in Poland!

All the best,

Adriana

DCF Frankfurt Germany

Living in Maryland

Andrew,

I'm double-posting this to get it in the right thread:

How long have you been resident in Poland? I think to file in Frankfurt, there's a six month residency requirement now. From having read some of your former posts, though, it sounds like you've been in Poland for a year? I just don't understand their response. I would try emailing the Consulate in Germany and explain your situation. Explain that although you have a domicile in the States, you are a resident in Poland. Are they viewing your domicile in the United States as your residence? It doesn't make any sense....

I'd recommend emailing instead of calling to get this straightened out. For one thing, you can craft an email with more calm than you can a phone call. But secondly, even if it takes longer to get a reply, at least you'll have something in writing. I think that is going to be important

Best wishes,

Mary

DCF I-130 Package.

Then you should call US Embassy in Poland and tell them about your case. Maybe you should start the process to the US Embassy in Poland and they will take care of your petition. I don't know about Poland, but they started again to accept petition to the Embassies without a USCIS offices, I know for sure somebody in Romania just finished DCF to the Embassy in Bucharest, all the process took only a month, very very fast.

All the best,

Adriana

December 11, 2006: I-130 Petition signed for in Frankfurt.

December 21, 2006: Credit Card charged $190.

February 6, 2007: Heard back from Frankfurt. They want proof that our relationship is bonafide.

February 8, 2007: Sent proof (old emails, joint bank account statements, story of how we met)

February 24, 2007: I-130 Approved. Received Packet 3 in the mail.

February 26, 2007: Faxed OF-169 (checklist) to Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt; Mailed back DS-230 Part I

March 2, 2007: Received Packet 4 (Interview Appointment Scheduled)

April 2, 2007: Interview in Frankfurt; Visa Approved!

April 5, 2007: Visa received.

June 27, 2007: POE Boston.

July 23, 2007: Went to local social security office and applied for number in person (although D had checked off the box to receive one on the DS-230).

July 30, 2007: Daniel received his social security number and greencard in the mail.

March 31, 2009: Mailed I-751 to Vermont USCIS

April 2, 2009: I-751 application received (saw this with USPS tracking)

Andrew,

I'm double-posting this to get it in the right thread:

How long have you been resident in Poland? I think to file in Frankfurt, there's a six month residency requirement now. From having read some of your former posts, though, it sounds like you've been in Poland for a year? I just don't understand their response. I would try emailing the Consulate in Germany and explain your situation. Explain that although you have a domicile in the States, you are a resident in Poland. Are they viewing your domicile in the United States as your residence? It doesn't make any sense....

I'd recommend emailing instead of calling to get this straightened out. For one thing, you can craft an email with more calm than you can a phone call. But secondly, even if it takes longer to get a reply, at least you'll have something in writing. I think that is going to be important

Best wishes,

Mary

DCF I-130 Package.

All the best,

Adriana

Thank you, Mary.

I have lived in Poland (too long) for well over a year. And I sent them my residency card and translation.

They treat us (their tax base) like bugs to squash, I swear to God. I spent over 100 dollars to ship it to them AFTER they confirmed that USCIS Frankfurt is where I am supposed to be sending it to.

Hi Andrew,

Really sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the I-130. The whole process is a bureaucratic nightmare, all the worse because it's so difficult to understand what's going on.

I truly hope it works out for you...all my best!

Walter

Walter Gildersleeve

Freiburg, Germany

=====

03/24/2000: Married

05/06/2004: Eric born

08/10/2006: Louis born

03/05/2007: Filed for I-130

03/14/2007: Consulate charged Visa

05/18/2007: Received Packet 3

05/21/2007: Faxed OF-169, mailed DS-230

05/24/2007: Received Packet 4

06/26/2007: Interview and medical...APPROVED!

07/05/2007: Visa arrived

07/31/2007: POE Portland

Andrew, let us know what's new in your case!

Adriana

DCF Frankfurt Germany

Living in Maryland

Andrew,

You should call the embassy in Warsaw to, first find out if they are once again accepting DCF, and if they don't, then to get clear instructions on how to file, etc. If they state to go through Frankfurt, then tell them what happened when you sent the file to them.

Maybe Frankfurt simply messed up and sent you the wrong response, and didn't fully review what you had sent in. Did you try calling them to explain?

There is a free tel number to call the US embassy in Warsaw (between 2-4pm PL time), and if you there was a very informative lady answering the phone. I have no idea where I put that tel #, but I think it was listed on this site:

http://polish.poland.usembassy.gov/poland-...mation_acs.html

Good luck :)

12140.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.