GarryAndMarie

K-2 dependent & Manila embassy/DS-160

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, GarryAndMarie said:

Quick follow-up, for anyone interested in how this turned out: we paid the "fixer" 2k plus the passport fee, and they were able to book the appointment for Jan 13 at a nearby DFA office. I checked that it's an actual appointment with the DFA website. So I'm unhappy that the system works this way, but felt the only other choice was to wait until April appointments are available for step-daughter-to-be's passport, which would have considerably delayed getting her DS-160, St Lukes, & embassy appointment. We're just waiting for the NOA2 at this time, having responded to an RFE with the documents USCIS requested, for my fiancee... having daughter's passport done sooner should ensure we can book her appointments concurrently with mom's appointments.

Ya the fixer are grabbing all the available openings as they appear it seems.   DFA took this service away from the previous company because of this issue and gave it to APO Inc ... and here things are the same as before ... FIXXERS possess all the appoints.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 1/5/2018 at 3:34 PM, GarryAndMarie said:

Thanks again everyone, for your advice & assistance!

We are now struggling to get a DFA passport appointment for my fiancee's daughter... since there are no appointments available, we're thinking of paying a company on FB with the name "DFA Passport Appointment Online" a 2k PHP fee for an appointment spot in Dumaguete... sound really hokey to me! But they have 60+ reviews on their FB site, and it appears they are using some kind of travel agency / group appointment loophole to get passport appointments.

Is this real? Anyone have any experience with such things? Rip-off?

If I had faced the same thing you guys did, I would have gladly paid 2k PHP fixer fee.  You took a chance and it paid off. Now go pay the lottery. :jest:

5 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Ya the fixer are grabbing all the available openings as they appear it seems.   DFA took this service away from the previous company because of this issue and gave it to APO Inc ... and here things are the same as before ... FIXXERS possess all the appoints.

Nothing ever changes in the Phil. There is never any consequence for what one does so where is the reason "NOT" to be a fixer?  The first consequence I saw was the killing of drug dealers. (pretty harsh especially without a trial)  But how did that turn out. mmmmm [no need to answer, it will just make your blood boil]

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Almost all of them.  I got one for March 12 but it will cost me a weekend in Palawan.  Maybe not a bad deal for me.  

I will be monitoring to see if it actually works however

YMMV

Timeline
17 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Almost all of them.  I got one for March 12 but it will cost me a weekend in Palawan.  Maybe not a bad deal for me.  

I will be monitoring to see if it actually works however

You won't be that far from the underground river ... maybe a side trip.. ;)  

This is really quite annoying, if you read back over the years fixers have been doing this for over a decade.  A little over a year ago DFA contracted with APO, inc to handle the appointment system to clean up the corruption .. ya right.  New name, same BS.. 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

I just saw on FB that the DFA Passport Appointment Online page is being shutdown on January 18

I posted a comment on there a couple days ago about how the fixers are stealing all the appointment openings as quick as they appear.   Mentioned how people are paying thousands of pesos to the fixers... when appointments are to be free.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Hank_ said:

I posted a comment on there a couple days ago about how the fixers are stealing all the appointment openings as quick as they appear.   Mentioned how people are paying thousands of pesos to the fixers... when appointments are to be free.

I spoke too quickly.  They have three different pages and not all of them are shutting down.....  

YMMV

Timeline
2 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I spoke too quickly.  They have three different pages and not all of them are shutting down.....  

The page I was on had many comments from people complaining about how there are never any appointment openings .. unless you use a fixer.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.