os_den

Two different dates given for my visa interview

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I am now in a weird situation with having two different dates for my immigrant visa interview, both designated by the U.S. Embassy. 

My expedite request had accepted on December 30, 2017 and there was an interview date in the letter came from NVC. It says:  ''The U.S. Embassy has accepted this case for expedited processing. This file we'll be immediately forwarded to the U.S. Embassy. The U.S. Embassy wanted us to relay the information that they have scheduled an appointment for January 9, 2018 at 8 am.''

Because of this letter, I prepared my documents, scheduled all my plans including medical exam, the flight (900km away) and the hotel for tomorrow. But just a few hours ago, I received my interview notice from NVC with another interview date. It says, ''Your  interview date is on February 28, 2018 at 7:30 am.''

I tried to call the embassy but there was no way to reach a real person. I don't know what was happened there, but what I know is that this is a big mess. Should I go to the Embassy on Jan 9? or skip it and go there on Feb 28? Does anybody have any experience with this kind of situation or any idea?

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by os_den
typo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, os_den said:

Hello, I am now in a weird situation with having two different dates for my immigrant visa interview, both designated by the U.S. Embassy. 

My expedite request have accepted on December 30, 2017 and there was an interview date in the letter came from NVC. It says:  ''The U.S. Embassy has accepted this case for expedited processing. This file we'll be immediately forwarded to the U.S. Embassy. The U.S. Embassy wanted us to relay the information that they have scheduled an appointment for January 9, 2018 at 8 am.''

Because of this letter, I prepared my documents, scheduled for tomorrow all my plans including medical exam (900km away) and the hotel. But just a few hours ago, I received my interview notice from NVC with another interview date. It says, ''Your  interview date is on February 28, 2018 at 7:30 am.''

I tried to call the embassy but there was no way to reach a real person. I don't know what was happened there, but what I know is that this is a big mess. Should I go to the Embassy on Jan 9? or skip it and go there on Feb 28? Does anybody have any experience with this kind of situation or any idea?

Many thanks in advance.

I dont have any experience of such situation. But from what i understand is, they have expedite your case and gave you an earlier interview date. And the message you received later of 28 Feb means there was an automated system of sending interview calls hence you receivedthe date that was previously determined. I suggest you should definitely go for interview on Jan 9. Do not miss otherwise you will again have to apply for itnerview date and it might take a while. I hope interview goes well for you. Best of luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

That NVC letter with the later interview was probably issued before your request for expedited processing was granted. You’re fine. Just show up for the earlier date and bring the letter where it lists your interview date. It’s no biggie. 

44 minutes ago, os_den said:

My expedite request had accepted on December 30, 2017 and there was an interview date in the letter came from NVC. It says:  ''The U.S. Embassy has accepted this case for expedited processing. This file we'll be immediately forwarded to the U.S. Embassy. The U.S. Embassy wanted us to relay the information that they have scheduled an appointment for January 9, 2018 at 8 am.''

Because of this letter, I prepared my documents, scheduled all my plans including medical exam, the flight (900km away) and the hotel for tomorrow. But just a few hours ago, I received my interview notice from NVC with another interview date. It says, ''Your  interview date is on February 28, 2018 at 7:30 am.''

Many thanks in advance.

Since you got both letters from NVC, why don't call you them and ask for some clarification.

Edited by Pavel1982

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline

I was in a similar situation -- the NVC letter had one date, and then about a week before my interview, I got an email from the embassy stating my interview was 1 day earlier than the date given by the NVC. I called the NVC and they told me what the embassy had on record was the date in the email. I also e-mailed the embassy and received a reply after a few days that confirmed the date provided in the original email from the embassy. They told me something happened and immigration services would be closed on the date of my original interview, so they had to reschedule it for the date they provided in the original email. 

Hi everybody. Thank you all for your comments. I went to the Embassy on Jan 9 without hope, but they just accepted me, though, I did not have any interview letter. The security went in and checked my name, after 10 min he said I can get in, wow! I was surprised. I had my interview and the officer said there is only one missing document and when I mail it they will issue my visa. So I mailed it today from post office. How long do you think they issue my visa? days or month?

Again thank you all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.