itsdonealready

Minneapolis-St. Paul MN Office AOS Filers

863 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, mysticdolphin95 said:

Well, it looks like we won't be interviewing in Minneapolis-St. Paul after all...I've just accepted a new job so it looks like we'll be transferring our case to the Buffalo, NY field office in February.  I'll certainly be sad to leave MSP (my hometown!) but can't say I'm disappointed to be moving to a 7-to-16.5 month processing time.  

Congrats! Make sure to change your address with USPS FIRST about 45 days before you move.  USCIS verifies through USPS that you are registered to receive mail at that address. If you do not change it with USPS first, then USCIS will not approve it.

You can file the change of address with USCIS as early as 30 days before you move and no later than 10 days after you move. The petitioner has to change the address for the I-130 and the beneficiary has to change the address for the I-485. They're under different drop down menus.

Best wishes to you both!

USC4SPOUSE

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
On 11/8/2018 at 1:57 PM, MapleLeaf29 said:

Thank you to everyone for your advice about our green card.  My husband had his InfoPass appointment today.  At the appointment, they said that the officer who conducted our interview forgot to click "approved" in the computer system.  Our file was moved to the storage room for approved cases, so if we hadn't made an InfoPass appointment, we don't know how long it would have been before someone touched our case again.  We are so glad we did not listen to the advice we received over the phone (wait five months and then open an inquiry), and that instead we made an InfoPass appointment.

We have tried to approach this process with patience and understanding (especially since we knew our case was being handled by one of the busiest field offices in the country), but we are also learning that we have to be proactive and seek answers if something doesn't seem right.

The InfoPass officer sent a memo to the officer who conducted our interview telling him to click "approved" in the system, so we are hopeful that we will see an update on our green card soon.  Thank you again for all of your advice.  :)

Wonderful! Awesome! So happy for you 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, mysticdolphin95 said:

Well, it looks like we won't be interviewing in Minneapolis-St. Paul after all...I've just accepted a new job so it looks like we'll be transferring our case to the Buffalo, NY field office in February.  I'll certainly be sad to leave MSP (my hometown!) but can't say I'm disappointed to be moving to a 7-to-16.5 month processing time.  

Congratulations! Make sure you update your new address at USPS system! It’s more important than update at uscis system ! 

because uscis still send my interview mail to my old address even I updated my address at uscis system:( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
15 hours ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

Congrats! Make sure to change your address with USPS FIRST about 45 days before you move.  USCIS verifies through USPS that you are registered to receive mail at that address. If you do not change it with USPS first, then USCIS will not approve it.

You can file the change of address with USCIS as early as 30 days before you move and no later than 10 days after you move. The petitioner has to change the address for the I-130 and the beneficiary has to change the address for the I-485. They're under different drop down menus.

Best wishes to you both!

USC4SPOUSE

13 hours ago, natsusnowy1204 said:

Congratulations! Make sure you update your new address at USPS system! It’s more important than update at uscis system ! 

because uscis still send my interview mail to my old address even I updated my address at uscis system:( 

Thanks for the heads up.  Still looking for a place to live and probably won't settle on one for a while, but definitely hope to by 30 days prior.  Won't have to do anything for an I-130 as he's adjusting from K-1 :) 

Not looking forward to having to drive 1.5+ hours to get to the service center - planning on living somewhere between Rochester and Syracuse so it'll be quite a trek, no quick hop over to St. Paul like it is now!

Hi

Is there anyone here who has completed his interview already at Minneapolis-St Paul, and is waiting for i485 approval and Green Card because of retrogression? I am EB1A India with a PD of April 3, 2017. My interview is scheduled Dec 10th but not sure if the final action date for India will be current by then (unlikely). Just want to establish contact and stay in touch to follow progress. I have upcoming travel in February and will have to plan a little bit around my i485 despite having an active H1B visa (and EAD/AP)

Edited by doctor_cle
more information

43 minutes ago, doctor_cle said:

Hi

Is there anyone here who has completed his interview already at Minneapolis-St Paul, and is waiting for i485 approval and Green Card because of retrogression? I am EB1A India with a PD of April 3, 2017. My interview is scheduled Dec 10th but not sure if the final action date for India will be current by then (unlikely). Just want to establish contact and stay in touch to follow progress. I have upcoming travel in February and will have to plan a little bit around my i485 despite having an active H1B visa (and EAD/AP)

I think there are several whose cases were transferred to NBC after interview. Your application was received April 2017? So it took more than a year and half for interview to get scheduled. Wow. Mine was received july 2017 and still waiting for interview. Guess I need to be patient for a few more months. 

Even if PD is not current, at least you will have the interview completed. 

Hi TC_person

My application was received March 29, 2018. Non current filing, so my PD is from my i140. I think I got lucky though because I have heard of multiple others for who it took 14-15 months to schedule interview, sometimes months even after the status said "ready for interview"

Edited by doctor_cle

41 minutes ago, doctor_cle said:

Hi TC_person

My application was received March 29, 2018. Non current filing, so my PD is from my i140. I think I got lucky though because I have heard of multiple others for who it took 14-15 months to schedule interview, sometimes months even after the status said "ready for interview"

Wow. So lucky! Keep seeing the visa bulletin.  I know many cases where the interview was completed in April or May 2018 and the cases were sent back to NBC and still waiting. 

My PD is current though. So, it's a matter of getting  the interview scheduled for me. 

3 hours ago, TC_person said:

Wow. So lucky! Keep seeing the visa bulletin.  I know many cases where the interview was completed in April or May 2018 and the cases were sent back to NBC and still waiting. 

My PD is current though. So, it's a matter of getting  the interview scheduled for me. 

Yes, as soon as you have the interview, you should be approved. By the way to be considered current, are they looking at 'Filing date' or 'Final Action Date'?

On 11/9/2018 at 9:37 PM, MapleLeaf29 said:

Ours also took a really long time to get to the "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" stage.  We sent our AOS paperwork in June of 2017 and didn't get "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" until March of 2018.

Even though I didn't get RFE, it took about 7-8 months to get to the "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" stage. I believe you are done with your interview for the application filed around the same time. Am i eligible to schedule infoPass appointment?

On 11/7/2018 at 11:09 PM, USC4SPOUSE said:

Sure, it's 16 to 31 months for family based. Same thing. 

The way that I understood the process is like this - the field office requests the file for interview and the NBC schedules the interview. If your case just reached the "Ready for interview" stage in August 2018, you might have a long way ahead of you OR not. There is no way to know. 

The infopass wasn't very helpful. They asked me to wait until end of February and see them again if I don't receive interview notice.

I asked them for clarity. I got none. they said something like.. if the field office has 100 interview slots open in a month or two, they transfer 100 files from NBC to field office.

On a side note.  why is the local field office so empty? there were like 8 customers there. I think they don't have enough officers to conduct interviews. Considering this long line, shouldn't they hire more people and be as busy as the DMV? San Diego field office for instance even tells on their website when you try to book infopass, what dates they are interviewing currently and asking for people to set up infopass if they haven't heard anything before that date. I am not liking the MSP field office or this weather.. :(

Edited by TC_person

7 hours ago, TC_person said:

The infopass wasn't very helpful. They asked me to wait until end of February and see them again if I don't receive interview notice.

I asked them for clarity. I got none. they said something like.. if the field office has 100 interview slots open in a month or two, they transfer 100 files from NBC to field office.

On a side note.  why is the local field office so empty? there were like 8 customers there. I think they don't have enough officers to conduct interviews. Considering this long line, shouldn't they hire more people and be as busy as the DMV? San Diego field office for instance even tells on their website when you try to book infopass, what dates they are interviewing currently and asking for people to set up infopass if they haven't heard anything before that date. I am not liking the MSP field office or this weather.. :(

That is sad... How were you able to get an infopass date? Everytime I go to the website, it says nothing available...

19 hours ago, TC_person said:

Yup, that sounds like the MSP office. They would certainly save a lot of time by cutting down on Infopass appointments. I am sure that by posting the date they are currently interviewing, the San Diego office has been able to reduce the time spent on Infopass appointments. 

I wish you had asked them if they look at priority dates when transferring cases from the NBC. I bet you they don't look at it. 

This is why we decided to make peace with the cards we've been dealt. For now my husband has his EAD/AP.  It was approved on 07-30-18. We will file for renewal exactly 180 days before it expires and just take it from there. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

11 hours ago, doctor_cle said:

That is sad... How were you able to get an infopass date? Everytime I go to the website, it says nothing available...

The best time to secure a slot is right at midnight. I would enlist the help of your spouse. That way you can use 2 computers/phones. Wednesdays and Thursdays tend to have more appointments. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.