itsdonealready

Minneapolis-St. Paul MN Office AOS Filers

863 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Rokaya&Tyler said:

Hi everyone. I just received a letter from USCIS canceling my interview schedule of November 18..did this happen to anyone?

That's strange. I am still waiting for scheduling. Did your initial interview letter come from Saint Paul Field Office or National Benefit Center? I saw on my informed delivery that there is a letter coming from NBC today. I am so nervous but I hope it is my interview. Nothing updated online, still ready to be scheduled an interview. 

What is your online status now? Maybe your interview is waived? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
35 minutes ago, tianyuhe09 said:

That's strange. I am still waiting for scheduling. Did your initial interview letter come from Saint Paul Field Office or National Benefit Center? I saw on my informed delivery that there is a letter coming from NBC today. I am so nervous but I hope it is my interview. Nothing updated online, still ready to be scheduled an interview. 

What is your online status now? Maybe your interview is waived? 

That is what is stated on the letter. That small. 

20201027_084450.jpg

11 minutes ago, Rokaya&Tyler said:

That is what is stated on the letter. That small. 

20201027_084450.jpg

Maybe they have a scheduling conflict. I hope you get rescheduled soon. What about your online status? 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, tianyuhe09 said:

Maybe they have a scheduling conflict. I hope you get rescheduled soon. What about your online status? 

My online status is still the same waiting to be scheduled...

27 minutes ago, Rokaya&Tyler said:

My online status is still the same waiting to be scheduled...

Same here. I am waiting for the mail to come in today to see what the letter is. I am hoping it is the interview. Maybe you can try to call them and see what is going on. Hopefully it is just a rescheduling because of time conflict and you will get a letter of the updated time soon!

Timeline
1 hour ago, tianyuhe09 said:

Just got my interview letter today scheduled to be on 11/25/20. Hopefully everything goes smoothly from here on.

Hopefully I can get my rescheduled interview date soon. Congratulations for having yours. Goodluck. 

1 minute ago, Rokaya&Tyler said:

Hopefully I can get my rescheduled interview date soon. Congratulations for having yours. Goodluck. 

I am sure you will! It’s probably just a scheduling conflict or someone got sick and needed to isolate. Let us know when you get rescheduling letter! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi everyone, I hope that all of yours GC coming soon 🙏 

I am now thinking about change my SS card for another one without " VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION ", but for the pandemic SSA  is working with to much restrictions and only personal appointments for special persons, I don't know what to do.

have you change already your social security in this pandemic times for share the experience ? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mr & Mrs Snowman said:

Hi everyone, I hope that all of yours GC coming soon 🙏 

I am now thinking about change my SS card for another one without " VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION ", but for the pandemic SSA  is working with to much restrictions and only personal appointments for special persons, I don't know what to do.

have you change already your social security in this pandemic times for share the experience ? 

You never have to change the card if you don't want to or simply can't. 

People often misunderstand what that "restriction " actually means .

YMMV

29 minutes ago, payxibka said:

You never have to change the card if you don't want to or simply can't. 

People often misunderstand what that "restriction " actually means .

From what I under, green card can work as the DHS authorization.

So we don’t really have to have that restriction removed/ get a new card with same number without that restriction. Is that right?

Package sent: 08/29/19

Package delivered: 09/03/19

I-765 received :09/03/19

I-131 received: 09/03/19

I-485 received: 09/10/19

Text notification: 09/11/19

Check cashed: 09/12/19

NOA1 date for all 3 forms: 09/10/19

Biometrics: 10/03/19

Ready for interview schedule: 10/30/19

Interview was scheduled: 09/15/2020

Interview date: 10/15/2020

GC received: 10/22/2020

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Q2018 said:

From what I under, green card can work as the DHS authorization.

So we don’t really have to have that restriction removed/ get a new card with same number without that restriction. Is that right?

Correct.   

Just to clarify,  your Green Card IS your DHS work authorization not can work as. 

The only real difference is what you show a prospective employer when documenting the I9 form.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Hey all!

Wife and I got married in December 2019. AOS paperwork filed early January, Biometrics in February.

We got the "Interview Ready to be Scheduled" notice April 9, and her combo card arrived first week of June.

Based on this thread, I shouldn't get my hopes up for an interview for her before next year?

She's been visiting family back in the Philippines since September. Planning to stay through Christmas but she is ready to come home at a moment's notice if need be. 

9 hours ago, GabeTravels said:

Hey all!

Wife and I got married in December 2019. AOS paperwork filed early January, Biometrics in February.

We got the "Interview Ready to be Scheduled" notice April 9, and her combo card arrived first week of June.

Based on this thread, I shouldn't get my hopes up for an interview for her before next year?

She's been visiting family back in the Philippines since September. Planning to stay through Christmas but she is ready to come home at a moment's notice if need be. 

I highly doubt she will be scheduled for interview this year considering the speed of process.. I filed last mid november and I dont expect to have an interview until mid-end of this december

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.