she wolf

WAITNG FOR INTERVIEW DATE IN ABU DHABI

34 posts in this topic

Hi all,

For those who are waiting for their Interview date in ABu DHABI please can you share your experiences, or can we keep in touch and support each other :-) , the waiting is unbearable ,we could relax if we know at least how many we are and that we are all going through this, and once someone get'S interview we become hopeful.

our Pertion (K1) was recieved In Abudhabi from NVC on the 18th of October 2017 then on 15th November 2017 is was updated in the system ,since then i haven't heard anything, my status remains "READY"

Anyone going through same.

• 6 months later...

@still waitng Hello there!
Did you ever hear from anyone else waiting for the interview at Abu Dhabi? OR Are there really no others waiting for Abu Dhabi? :blink:
Would love to connect and hear how things are going also...and what to expect? 

Its hard for me to know where you are in the process since you haven't filled out your timeline. Would you mind to update that? It would be a huge help!

We just received our NOA2 today (after waiting 228 days). So I know we still have a wait ahead of us, just trying to be prepared.
Thanks in advance! 
~Jela

Edited by Ben & Jela

Jela (USC, Missouri) & Ben (East Indian in Dubai)  :wub:

Adjusting Status from Conditional Green Card after K1 Visa:
4-20-21 Sent 751 packet (via USPS overnight)

4-21-21 Received by USCIS (Signed by T. Wright)

5-7-21   Receipt date on our 797 (extending GC for 18 months) {we included G-1145, got a text, but no email - for those curious.}

5-8-21   Received Text message from USCIS with receipt number, Assigning service center SRC. (@12:35pm) 

5-10-21  Check cashed/cleared our bank

5-13-21  Hard copy of 797 Received in postal mail

5-17-21 Received email notice update from USCIS account that on 17th they used his previous biometrics for 751.

5-21-21 Biometrics letter received in postal mail.

On 6/19/2018 at 8:35 AM, Ben & Jela said:

@still waitng Hello there!
Did you ever hear from anyone else waiting for the interview at Abu Dhabi? OR Are there really no others waiting for Abu Dhabi? :blink:
Would love to connect and hear how things are going also...and what to expect? 

Its hard for me to know where you are in the process since you haven't filled out your timeline. Would you mind to update that? It would be a huge help!

We just received our NOA2 today (after waiting 228 days). So I know we still have a wait ahead of us, just trying to be prepared.
Thanks in advance! 
~Jela

yes i did receive interview email after 5 months, i attended interview on 1st  May and the CO asked for more documents ( Certificate of no Marriage)  and placed me on AP, I submitted the document 4 days later  on 4th of May 2018 but till now am still Under AP..... The CO used my old data from previous rejected visiting visa and used it to rejected my K1 visa after which he placed me on AP....Honestly i had BAD experience, maybe because of my Origin....., it could be easy and different with you so be hopeful...personally i feel i should just withdraw the case and stay in my country.....its so much heart ache,sleepless nights,uncertainty then after all that someone judging you harshly because of Origin,one look and they already Concluded.

@still waitng Oh no!! I'm so sorry!! That is a terribly long wait!! And so unfair!!

So it took you 5 months from the time you recieved your NOA2? Or 5 months from NVC?

I'm really concerned about the long wait time... no idea why it takes so long for packet 3? 

My fiance is from India, so I don't know if that makes any difference? I've no idea what country you're originally from? But I think mean people aren't too picky and will just be mean and rude at every opportunity given.. sadly ☹  

Do tag me if you get any updates.  I'll be praying your process goes smoothly.  It is very stressful to be stuck in limbo not knowing what's next. 

Edited by Ben & Jela

5-7-21   Receipt date on our 797 (extending GC for 18 months) {we included G-1145, got a text, but no email - for those curious.}

5-8-21   Received Text message from USCIS with receipt number, Assigning service center SRC. (@12:35pm) 

5-17-21 Received email notice update from USCIS account that on 17th they used his previous biometrics for 751.

Hey @still waitng

I'm also from UAE, i received email on 4th May 2018, that your NVC approved and forwarded to Abu Dhabi US embassy for interview call,  case was updated on 22-May 2018 and status is "Ready". 

Now after that there is no update. what do you think i need to do ? how much time it will take more ? do i need to take any step?

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

I received 2 emails saying our petition was sent to the embassy in Abu Dhabi. My fiance went ahead and submitted the D160, we paid and he was able to schedule his interview date (first for June 28th, then rescheduled it to July 12th). It wasn’t until Tuesday morning that I received an email from the Abu Dhabi Embassy office with Required Documents pages, Instructions and Locations for the Medical and what not to bring or is allowed into the embassy. We went into the Abu Dhabi Embassy and were able to download a package page there, pretty much similar to what was sent to us recently, so we had an idea of what to expect. Hope this helps and GOOD LUCK TO ALL! I’ll keep posted on the outcome.

:wub:

Petition Mailed – 09/01/2017

USCIS Received – 09/05/2017

NOA1 – 09/07/2017

USCIS Approved – 03/02/2018

Received NOA2 – 03/07/2018

NVC Received – 03/20/2018

Case # Assigned – 04/02/2018

NVC Left – 04/02/2018

Embassy Received (Showing "Ready") – 04/05/2018

Interview – July 12, 2018

Approved –

Visa Received –

US Entry –

19 minutes ago, Lovelise26 said:

I received 2 emails saying our petition was sent to the embassy in Abu Dhabi. My fiance went ahead and submitted the D160, we paid and he was able to schedule his interview date (first for June 28th, then rescheduled it to July 12th). It wasn’t until Tuesday morning that I received an email from the Abu Dhabi Embassy office with Required Documents pages, Instructions and Locations for the Medical and what not to bring or is allowed into the embassy. We went into the Abu Dhabi Embassy and were able to download a package page there, pretty much similar to what was sent to us recently, so we had an idea of what to expect. Hope this helps and GOOD LUCK TO ALL! I’ll keep posted on the outcome.

how did you get this date July 12th ? when did you booked that date because right now i'm not able to book my appointment. 
please guide accordingly. 

Thanks

Timeline
14 hours ago, sidd.ikram said:

how did you get this date July 12th ? when did you booked that date because right now i'm not able to book my appointment. 
please guide accordingly. 

Thanks

We received an email from the NVC on April 2nd that stated the following:

The National Visa Center (NVC) received your fiance(e)'s approved I-129F petition from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). NVC will forward the petition to the U.S. Embassy in ABU DHABI, UAE. The U.S. Embassy will contact your fiance(e) when they are ready to schedule a visa interview.

In the meantime, please have your fiance(e) and his or her children visit http://ceac.state.gov and complete Form DS-160, the online nonimmigrant visa application that is used for a K visa.

NVC Case Number: XXXXXXXX  
USCIS Receipt Number: XXXXXXX  
Invoice ID:  XXXXXXXXX  
Principal Applicant:  XXXXXXXXX  
Petitioner:  XXXXXXXXX  

Interview Location: ABU DHABI UAE

Then I also received a second email addressed for my fiance from the NVC the same day. He then submitted his DS-160 on April 6th. At the time the first available date was April 25th and we still chose to select a date closer to the Travel Ban decision. We chose June 28th, then later changed it to July 12th. 

You submit your DS-160 and once you pay the fee you are able to schedule your interview. This is the only thing we found and you can select the Abu Dhabi tab. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/list-of-posts-k1-k3-visas.html (for some reason I can never open the pdf on my mac)

Again, I didn't get any packet from the embassy. I did however received an email this past Tuesday, June 26th with further instructions. You may want to look through the pdf I mentioned above and get as much possible and then wait for the actual email from the Embassy. It will probably be sent to you a couple of weeks prior to the interview as they did with mine. 

Hope this helps.

NOA1 – 09/07/2017

NVC Left – 04/02/2018

Approved –

Visa Received –

US Entry –

• 2 weeks later...

I checked out the link you posted above @Lovelise26 and for the Abu Dhabi Embassy this is what the pdf file pulls up, a blank page with 2 sentences:

"The selected U.S. embassy/consulate has no location specific information available here.
Please visit the embassy/consulate website for more information."

Arghhh...why is there so little information or instructions for the Abu Dhabi Embassy and the process? So frustrating...:wacko:

Btw...good luck on your interview tomorrow!! Just noticed the date ;) But sure to let us know how it goes! :) 
Thanks again!

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ben & Jela said:

I checked out the link you posted above @Lovelise26 and for the Abu Dhabi Embassy this is what the pdf file pulls up, a blank page with 2 sentences:

"The selected U.S. embassy/consulate has no location specific information available here.
Please visit the embassy/consulate website for more information."

Arghhh...why is there so little information or instructions for the Abu Dhabi Embassy and the process? So frustrating...:wacko:

Btw...good luck on your interview tomorrow!! Just noticed the date ;) But sure to let us know how it goes! :) 
Thanks again!

Let me know if you can open the attached file ABD_Abu-Dhabi.pdf. My fiancé had sent this to me a couple months ago before we received the actual email from UAE. I only used this file as a way to prepare, but then I was able to cross check everything with the packet they sent us. Although, to tell you the truth, this document seemed to be more up to date than the pages they sent us :huh: they said "This list was updated on September 2014" :no:

To be on the safe side, I sent him the Affidavit of Support with my wet signature and all the original documents (W-2, 2017 Income Tax Return, Letter of Employment, last 2 month pay stubs). I only sent him print outs of my bank statements.

Also, not sure if this would be beneficial to anyone going to the Abu Dhabi Embassy and traveling into Dubai first. I wanted to send my fiancé some money to help with the costs in UAE. I found it the hard way that MoneyGram is a horrible service to use. I found WorldRemit to be much better and faster and with a lot of places where he could pick up the money, so if you need to use a money transfer service, I recommend WorldRemit ;) 

NOA1 – 09/07/2017

NVC Left – 04/02/2018

Approved –

Visa Received –

US Entry –

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ben & Jela said:

Thanks again!

THANK YOU!!! HE IS ABOUT TO LEAVE TO THE INTERVIEW AS IT IS ALREADY 6:30 AM OVER THERE. 

NOA1 – 09/07/2017

NVC Left – 04/02/2018

Approved –

Visa Received –

US Entry –

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Lovelise26 said:

THANK YOU!!! HE IS ABOUT TO LEAVE TO THE INTERVIEW AS IT IS ALREADY 6:30 AM OVER THERE. 

Oh that’s right, I made a mental note that someone else with an Iranian fiancé was scheduled to interview tomorrow. Hoping and praying it goes great - keep us posted on how it goes! 😀

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, JennaL said:

Oh that’s right, I made a mental note that someone else with an Iranian fiancé was scheduled to interview tomorrow. Hoping and praying it goes great - keep us posted on how it goes! 😀

Thank you so much! Yes I will keep you posted. I've asked him to call me as soon as he gets back to the hotel. 

NOA1 – 09/07/2017

NVC Left – 04/02/2018

Approved –

Visa Received –

US Entry –

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2018 at 1:21 PM, still waitng said:

yes i did receive interview email after 5 months, i attended interview on 1st  May and the CO asked for more documents ( Certificate of no Marriage)  and placed me on AP, I submitted the document 4 days later  on 4th of May 2018 but till now am still Under AP..... The CO used my old data from previous rejected visiting visa and used it to rejected my K1 visa after which he placed me on AP....Honestly i had BAD experience, maybe because of my Origin....., it could be easy and different with you so be hopeful...personally i feel i should just withdraw the case and stay in my country.....its so much heart ache,sleepless nights,uncertainty then after all that someone judging you harshly because of Origin,one look and they already Concluded.

This is soooo heartbreaking T.T Any update on your case? I just hope they issued already your visa as being on AP is not a denial unless they return your case to the NVC. I just want to know whose Certificate of No Marriage the CO asked? Is it of the beneficiary or of the petitioner? I am trying to search ways so that I can prove to the consul that he's never been married but US doesn't issue certificates as such. Some states does  (according to my aunt NJ issues) but the state he's at since birth doesn't issue state certificates as such.

Edited by Goldfish_0529

event.png

Immigration Journey 🇵🇭  to 🇺🇸  :

i -129f completion : July 28, 2018

i - 485 completion: June 28, 2019

i - 751 completion: ---pending----

N-400 completion: ---pending----

Filed: Other Timeline
11 minutes ago, Goldfish_0529 said:

This is soooo heartbreaking T.T Any update on your case? I just hope they issued already your visa as being on AP is not a denial unless they return your case to the NVC. I just want to know whose Certificate of No Marriage the CO asked? Is it of the beneficiary or of the petitioner? I am trying to search ways so that I can prove to the consul that he's never been married but US doesn't issue certificates as such. Some states does  (according to my aunt NJ issues) but the state he's at since birth doesn't issue state certificates as such.

@Goldfish_0529 I'm still waiting , my case is stil under AP according to their website.My Fiance has divorce papers so there is no need for Certificate of no Marriage.

Iam the Beneficiary- CO asked for My Certificate of No Marriage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.