SoCalMan

Messages from beginning are deleted

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to help!

I realized that our messages from the beginning were never saved because we would delete them to free up space. Also didn’t know they were important. (I think photos and passport stamps are stronger)

Will this become a problem that we don’t have messages from the beginning of our relationship when it comes to the interview stage?

I’m the US citizen and my gf is german. 

Thanks everyone!

Edited by SoCalMan

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, SoCalMan said:

I realized that our messages from the beginning were never saved because we would delete them to free up space. Also didn’t know they were important. (I think photos and passport stamps are stronger)

Will this become a problem that we don’t have messages from the beginning of our relationship when it comes to the interview stage?

Thanks everyone!

No it won't.

you're right tickets, boarding passes, passport stamps are more important.

try to keep from now on with screenshots from time to time to show ongoing relationship at the interview stage but that's also after the petition so you have time :) 

oh and at the interview stage what's really important is not the start but its continuity. So newer chat logs are better.

Edited by Naes

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Germany is not a High Fraud Country..  You didn't say but I assume this is a K-1 Visa.   Thus you need proof that you have met in person in the last two years.  Passport stamps, etc.  How you met should be documented as well..  You do not need documentation that spans the entirety of your relationship especially since the beneficiary is German.   You should be fine with some evidence showing a comitted relationship when you 'front load' your application but honestly just the proof of having met in person should be fine unless there are red flags in your case. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SoCalMan said:

Yes, this is for the K-1.

Then above 2 answers would help you :) 

good luck! 

Edited by Naes

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You dont necessarily need the beginning of messages, just something that proves you guys keep in constant contact, just a few pages from each month should be fine!

NOA1: 3/20/2017

hardcopy: 3/24/2017

NOA2: 7/13/2017

hardcopy: 7/17/17

NVC received: 7/24/17

Embassy received: 7/31/17

Interview: 11/9/2017 APPROVED!

Visa in hand: 11/16/17

POE: 11/20/17 via Washington D.C

Married 1/19/18 via Detroit

AOS.AP.EAD packet received 4/18/18

AP.EAD Approved 10/18/18

AP.EAD in hand 11/17/2018

AOS interview scheduled 11/20/18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 hours ago, SoCalMan said:

Thanks everyone!

I didn't include messages... much too personal. 

I did include call logs. But after all is said and done... I don't think the 24 pages of call logs was exactly necessary... didn't hurt tho 

10/3/16 I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

10/5/16 Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/11/16 NOA1 Received

11/3/16 NOA2 Received

11/8/16 NOA2 Hard Copy Received

11/22/16 NVC Received I-129

12/2/16 Consulate Review

12/15/16 Interview Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.