Amhara

I-751 December 2017 Filers [merged threads]

2,436 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, dilip said:

Did you get any transfer notice that your I-751 was transferred to NBC?  It happened to me also ( VSC).  When date passed outside the process time, I tried to send an inquiry and got the same message.  I realized ( assumed)  that since they called I-751 to NBC when I filed N-400 and I-751 out of processing time will be as per NBC processing time and that was the reason,  I got same message.

Citizen from :July 15, 2019.

I got a transfer notice last year looking at the receipt the field office is CSC in Laguna Niguel. Even when I call the 1800 number to check the status of my case the voice prompt message says my case in Laguna Niguel I don't know why it wouldn't allow me to send a case outside normal processing time message. I didn't get a transfer notice again this year after applying for N400. I'll just call and see what the hell is going on. Will update once I have some information..

Edited by samoak78

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, samoak78 said:

I got a transfer notice last year looking at the receipt the field office is CSC in Laguna Niguel. Even when I call the 1800 number to check the status of my case the voice prompt message says my case in Laguna Niguel I don't know why it wouldn't allow me to send a case outside normal processing time message.

I just submitted a case inquiry for my case 5min ago for I751. Am a December 2017 filer with receipt date of 12/22/17. I am going to call them to get info pass appointment. My status has been on the case transferred since june 18, 2018. I didn't file for N400

34 minutes ago, addy&julie said:

I just submitted a case inquiry for my case 5min ago for I751. Am a December 2017 filer with receipt date of 12/22/17. I am going to call them to get info pass appointment. My status has been on the case transferred since june 18, 2018. I didn't file for N400

I submitted yesterday and i got this about 20 minutes later.lol

F0FC6394-D74A-4D76-8BCA-F29CA895D92C.thumb.jpeg.9787091505ac5fb6a549d06fca944ae7.jpeg

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Unchained said:

I submitted yesterday and i got this about 20 minutes later.lol

F0FC6394-D74A-4D76-8BCA-F29CA895D92C.thumb.jpeg.9787091505ac5fb6a549d06fca944ae7.jpeg

This is the same generic message I seen a December filer got after service requests. LoL .. USCIS just dont have it together. To think that you got that response 20min after simply shows they dont care smh... I'm hold now to get infopass appointment to get i551 stamp because I have a trip next month

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
16 minutes ago, addy&julie said:

This is the same generic message I seen a December filer got after service requests. LoL .. USCIS just dont have it together. To think that you got that response 20min after simply shows they dont care smh... I'm hold now to get infopass appointment to get i551 stamp because I have a trip next month

Better to get I-551 stamp that what I did and it will affect your I-751 processing

Timeline
11 minutes ago, dilip said:

Better to get I-551 stamp that what I did and it will affect your I-751 processing

What do you mean it will affect your i751 processing? Will it delay it? I am on the phone now and they have scheduled a call for me for infopass appointment. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, addy&julie said:

What do you mean it will affect your i751 processing? Will it delay it? I am on the phone now and they have scheduled a call for me for infopass appointment. 

Sorry, I meant to say " will not affect your I-751 processing"-

On 8/7/2019 at 11:17 AM, addy&julie said:

I spoke to a tier 2 officer about my case out of posted processing timeframe, i was told the office handling my case is taking btwn 21-36 months, im confused. I scheduled an info pass to get a stamp.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Unchained said:

I spoke to a tier 2 officer about my case out of posted processing timeframe, i was told the office handling my case is taking btwn 21-36 months, im confused. I scheduled an info pass to get a stamp.

2 hours ago, Unchained said:

Did you ask which office?  

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Unchained said:

No. my case is at CSC.

CSC processing time for I-751 is 15 to 20 month.  If you check the USCIS processing time, then select I-751 and then all service centers, you will see  21-36 months and tier 2 officer said that number. It seems , it is  a standard formatted answer.    I think, your I-751 is in NBC and waiting for your N-400 interview and then they will be send to local office together.  What is the approximate timeline of your local office for N-400 interview?

Edited by dilip

11 minutes ago, dilip said:

CSC processing time for I-751 is 15 to 20 month.  If you check the USCIS processing time, then select I-751 and then all service centers, you will see  21-36 months and tier 2 officer said that number. It seems , it is  a standard formatted answer.    I think, your I-751 is in NBC and waiting for your N-400 interview and then they will be send to local office together.  What is the approximate timeline of your local office for N-400 interview?

I have not filed N-400 and that is my confusion because the posted timeline for CSC is 20Months.

Edited by Unchained

Timeline
4 hours ago, Unchained said:

I have not filed N-400 and that is my confusion because the posted timeline for CSC is 20Months.

Okay, I am out of suggestions.  Get 1-551 stamp and wait.

An Update to my case:

1.       12/2017 - Filed I-751

2.       02/2019 - Filed N-400

3.       06/12/2019 – Interview Notice for N-400 (schedule: 07/19/2019)

4.       06/17/2019 – Sent letter about my pending I-751 and requested for a combo interview

5.       06/25/2019 - Interview notice for I-751 (acknowledged my letter of request for a combo interview)

6.       07/19/2019 - Combo Interview.  8:30 am was for I-751, Officer only asked my husband on his birthdate and our address then he let him stay outside the waiting room while I had my testing for the N-400 at 9am.

7.       08/16/2019 - Oath Ceremony

What a journey it has been!

Thank you to Visa Journey and all the members for all the help!

God Bless and good luck to all!

I-129F

23 Mar 2015 - Packet Sent ; 30 Mar 2015 - NOA1 Email ; 03 Apr 2015 - NOA1 Hardcopy received

20 Apr 2015 - RFE Hardcopy received ; 29 Apr 2015 - RFE reply sent ; 01 May 2015 - RFE USCIS acceptance

07 May 2015 - NOA2

18 May 2015 - NVC received ; 22 May 2015 - NVC left

25 May 2015 - USEM received ; 03 June 2015- Packet 3 Received

09 Jul 2015 - Interview - CANCELLED...

12 Aug 2015 - New interview date - APPROVED! 19 August 2015: Passport collection with K1 Visa stamp

17 Oct 2015 - US Entry (Honolulu, Hawaii)

08 Nov 2015 - Wedding Day

AOS - EAD - AP

28 Nov 2015 - Packet Sent AOS, EAD, AP

03 Dec 2015 - NOA1 email received

07 Dec 2015 - NOA1 hardcopy received

29 Dec 2015 - Biometrics done

07 Jan 2016 - I-485 (AOS) Interview Email notification

11 Feb 2016 - I-485 (AOS) Interview Schedule

RESULT -

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.