6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Hi

so me and my wife had our interview 2 weeks ago. The interview was super great and the IO said that he cant approve it because he is in training and a supervisor need to review it. He said that he has some days off this month but he will work on it.

my status still interview was scheduled. 

He did not give us any printout or a paper to show that we came to the interview. Do you think that i need to do an info pass and ask for that because this might take longer? And is it normal to take more than 2 weeks after the interview without having a status change!  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I would make an info pass appointment, just to confirm everything is in order given that the IO was in training.  In the other hand it is normal.  I had my husbands interview, everything went well, then two days later our status changed to RFE, we dropped off the information needed a week later exactly a week after and our status did not change until 4 weeks later.  Our waiting time after the interview was 5 weeks.  In which case, we received the green card the same day we received the status change on the website.  

K-1 VISA

09/30/2016 - K-1 FIANCE SEND PACKAGE TO CALIFORNIA PROCESSING OFFICE

10/04/2016 - USCIS RECEIVED PACKAGED

10/06/2016 - NOA 1  

11/09/2016 - NOA 2

12/05/2016 - NVC RECEIVED

12/06/2016 - NVC GENERATED CASE#

12/08/2016 - CONSULATE IN JAMAICA RECEIVED AND READY FOR INTERVIEW

12/23/2016 - MEDICAL EXAM

01/06/2016 - INTERVIEW DATE

01/25/2017 - VISA PICKED UP 

01/30/2017 - ENTERED USA 

01/31/2017 - MARRIED 

01/31/2017 - FILED FOR NEW SSN

02/06/2017 - RECEIVED SSN IN THE MAIL
02/10/2017 - PASSED THE DRIVERS EXAM AND DRIVERS ROAD TEST *HE HAS HIS DL!!*

AOS/EAD/AP

02/14/2017 - AOS MAILED THROUGH UPS

02/16/2017 - AOS SIGNED BY RECEIVER - RECEIVED - 

02/21/2017 - AOS CHECK CASHED

02/22/2017 - 3 TEXT AND 3 EMAIL RECEIVED WITH RECEIPT NUMBER

02/28/2017 - RECEIVED NOA 1 With NO DATES OR DOB

03/10/2017 - RECEIVED BIOMETRICS APPT

03/14/2017 - INFOPASS APPOINTMENT TO REVISE NOA1

03/14/2017 - BIOMETRICS DONE

04/13/2017 - REQUEST TO EXPEDITE EAD

04/14/2017 - REQUEST FOR CONGRESSMAN TO INTERVENE

04/21/2017 - EAD STATUS CHANGED TO "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED" - AP STATUS DID NOT CHANGE "CASE                      RECEIVED"

04/26/2017 - EAD STATUS CHANGED TO "MAILED" - AP STATUS DID NOT CHANGE "CASE RECEIVED"

04/28/2017 - RECEIVED EAD/AP COMBO CARD IN THE MAIL

10/16/2017 - AOS INTERVIEW

10/16/2017 - RFE for Medical at INTERVIEW

10/23/2017 - SUBMITTED RFE DOCUMENTS

11/17/2017 - CASE CHANGED TO "APPROVED"

Timeline
27 minutes ago, MyMistaLovaLova said:

I would make an info pass appointment, just to confirm everything is in order given that the IO was in training.  In the other hand it is normal.  I had my husbands interview, everything went well, then two days later our status changed to RFE, we dropped off the information needed a week later exactly a week after and our status did not change until 4 weeks later.  Our waiting time after the interview was 5 weeks.  In which case, we received the green card the same day we received the status change on the website.  

thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
15 hours ago, Hayder said:

Hi

so me and my wife had our interview 2 weeks ago. The interview was super great and the IO said that he cant approve it because he is in training and a supervisor need to review it. He said that he has some days off this month but he will work on it.

He did not give us any printout or a paper to show that we came to the interview. Do you think that i need to do an info pass and ask for that because this might take longer? And is it normal to take more than 2 weeks after the interview without having a status change!  

15 hours ago, Hayder said:

Hi

Hi,

how long did it took the 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi

hiw long did it took the interview to set up?

i filed my case on June2, 2017 (I-485 based on k1) . We are waiting for the interview to set up since July 12 when it update the status that ur case is ready to interview. I filed in Sacramento (California) 

i wonder which state & county did u file? & how long did u guys wait ?

thanks 

Timeline
7 hours ago, lollu said:

Hi

hiw long did it took the interview to set up?

i filed my case on June2, 2017 (I-485 based on k1) . We are waiting for the interview to set up since July 12 when it update the status that ur case is ready to interview. I filed in Sacramento (California) 

i wonder which state & county did u file? & how long did u guys wait ?

thanks 

Hi , we applied January 24th. Received a rfe and responded within 10 days! Since then no status change for 8 months. On october 16th our status changed to interview is scheduled 

our country is iraq and the field office is salt lake city utah

by the way, the processing time on the uscis website for salt lake city office reflects exactly the application processing at the office now but I am not sure about other places

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.