Amanda and Camila

Questions before filing the I-129F

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi, all! My fiancée and I are about to file our I-129F. We've met in the last two years and have chat logs, call logs, pictures together and letters from our family members in support of our relationship. I was just wondering if these things would be a problem come interview time:

We've met twice, but only once in the last two years, but that meeting was five months long. I've also never been to her country on account of her homophobic relatives and the fact that she's still closeted to many of them. I'm the USC, by the way.

and

We met when I was a minor, but our relationship did not transition from friendship to romance until I was 18.

Are either of these things going to be problems, assuming everything else is in perfect order? Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

For a low fraud country these would all be non-issues. For a high-fraud country these might be potentional red flags. Where is she from and how big is the age gap between the two of you?

A 5 month long visit sounds good though, many get approved with way less than that.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
6 hours ago, Scandi said:

For a low fraud country these would all be non-issues. For a high-fraud country these might be potentional red flags. Where is she from and how big is the age gap between the two of you?

A 5 month long visit sounds good though, many get approved with way less than that.

Brazil, and the gap is 6 years.

5 hours ago, Auds said:

How old are you now? And do you earn enough or have a sponsor?

24, and I earn plenty.

7 hours ago, toastycola said:

Brazil, and the gap is 6 years.

24, and I earn plenty.

Oh then you have known each other for very long - should not be a problem at all.  Plenty :)  as long as you earn enough to meet the guidelines.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Auds said:

Oh then you have known each other for very long - should not be a problem at all.  Plenty :)  as long as you earn enough to meet the guidelines.

Oh, that's a relief! Yeah, by "plenty" I mean that I've checked, double-checked, and triple-checked the guidelines! :P These were the only real concerns I had, everything else is in good order. Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

You are fine.  My husband was approved and for the homophobia reasons, I hadn't visited his family either.  My husband is from Honduras.  Six years is not really an age gap...that nitpicking!  LOL  

As far as your story timeline, emphasize when you started to be romantic, just saying you knew each other from before.  Not that it's a deal-breaker, but just that it's not germane to what they need to know. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.