Emancipation

Anyone Else Stress/Emotional Eating?

45 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
testing, testing...Jinky here.

Oo oo Hey Jinky! How are you liking the US?

HI! It's GREAT! Thanks! :thumbs:

"Our life & material possesions are just lent to us. We are all passers by. We bring nothing when we die,but leave behind the LOVE we have given & the goodness we have done."

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

my brother has been eating basically anything he wants for his whole life, he is about 30 now, and 6'5" tall and probably about 150 pounds or so, not quite sure but he is skinny..

me, I just have to look at food and I gain weight :P

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

SO and i will start diet togheter as soon as i get there, but he looses weight so fast!!! is not fair guys loose weight faster :angry:

I cant stop eating!! Everytime i've lost some weight, i get very excited and start eating again hahaha

ugh thats so me. i lose weight and then relax and then gain some back. then lose it..then ahhhhhh. stupid !@#$$ cycle!

I KNOW!!! :(

20/Dec/06 I-129F sent to TSC

06/Jan/07 transfered to the CSC

15/Jan/07 I-129F sent to CSC

18/Jan/07 NOA1

03/May/07 NOA2

04/May/07 touched

07/May/07 NVC recived

09/May/07 left NVC

15/May/07 NOA2 hard copy

17/May/07 Package 3 recived

31/May/07 medical exams

04/Jun/07 interview, approved!!

06/Jun/07 visa in hand

10/Jun/07 going home

14/Jun/07 wedding

22/Jun/07 SSN name changed

27/Jul/07 filed for AOS

30/Jul/07 Chicago recived

01/Nov/07 called 911 domestic abuse

05/Nov/07 police came to help me to get my stuff out of the house

07//Nov/07 Biometrics

19/Nov/07 EAC

??/Dec/07 injunction granted against him

??/Jan/08 failure to interview

??/Feb/08 Notice from immigration: 30 days to leave the country before removal procedures start

01/Apr/08 I-360 NOA1

29/Aug/08 I-360, I-765,I485 NOA1 (my attorney sent a new I360...???)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

hey jinky welcome to the states and vj :thumbs:

have i got a bunch of things to tell you about steven :secret::P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

My body has issues digesting food when I'm angry/nervous/upset/any bad mood. That's just my brain chemistry ..

So if I eat when I'm feeling bad, my stomach really disagrees with the rest of my body. I need to solve the emotional problem before I can have a proper meal (so when I have no clue what is causing it, I have really tiny amounts of food instead as those are easier to handle).

Sometimes however I can't decipher what is causing me feel bad for a longer time. So that tends to cause me to lose some weight.

Now, estimated time of 6 to 12+ months apart from my other half while waiting for this paperwork sorta makes it difficult to keep always on the positive mood.

USAn Suomalaisten Foorumi <-- online place for the Finnish in US

Blog

938 days to get K-3.

AOS approved on day 1304.

Filed: Other Timeline

The past few moths I've gained I dunno how much weight, but I'm up about 3 sizes. :P:( In January I was put on anti-thyroid medication because I was diagnosed with Grave's disease w/hyper-thyroid. I immediately started gaining weight, and it didn't take very long at all! Within a couple of weeks, the clothes that had been loose and comfy on me were tight to the point of can't breathe, and I had to go out and buy all new clothes. And it doesn't seem to matter if I eat salads all day or ice-cream, I still gain weight. My metabolism is all shot to hell and it bugs the ####### outta me.

As well as the hyper-thyroid, I have had fibromyalgia for nearly 20 years, plus the Grave's disease magnifies the fibro pain, and the hyper-thyroid causes muscle degradation. Any form of exercise is painful, including just the 45 minute daily walk with the dogs. A workout on my Bowflex can take several days to recover from.

...all I need is a mild case of food poisoning, or SARS or something so I can lose some weight.... *sigh*

My 40th birthday is this year, and I really don't want to be fat and 40.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good to hear everyone's thoughts.. thanks by the way.. I did see a Naturopath about 2 years ago and she mentioned to me that thyroid is often the cause of gaining weight & not being able to loose.. She had some really interesting ideas/suggestions for treatment. I was tested by my family Dr. (cause thyroid problems run in my paternal family), but fell on the "normal" range - but by normal you are testing in a range of between 1 and 7 numbers.. She stated that the "range" is much to broad and she felt that it was important to make changes to help out your thyroid and increase your metabolism even if you fall on the "normal" range.. SO.. she worked on a number of treatments - one being increasing the amount of iodine in my diet (I added drops of liquid iodine in my water - very small amounts).. It increased my metabolism SO much that I literally sweated in my chair at work.. Anyway.. She helped me start loosing weight - got my body reset so to speak..

But I guess my point is that I KNOW what I should do to stay healthy and maintain my weight.. but the "resolve" just isn't there in the same level as before.. I guess this process has depleted my ability to say "no" to sweets, salt & carbs. I think it's a matter of giving myself breaks - I feel down today/frustrated today/having a hard time.. so I reward myself with the junk.. It's not out of control.. totally relate to a poster earlier that mentioned a 5lb gain.. Mine's probably 10 lbs.. but I feel disgusting.. and disappointed that I'm so "off the wagon".. on the other hand.. I'm like frig it :) catch 22~!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

I am with you all on the weight gain....lost about 30lbs before I left the UK. I had jeans that I could take off without unfastening them.....2 years later....I can't even fasten them let alone have the shame to walk outside in them.

I do eat some unhealthy food though I have to admit. Now that the weather is coming warmer I am going to try and eat more salad and fresh fruit.

Hopefully would like to drop around 30lbs before my trip back to England in September if not I fear I won't fit on the plane seat coming back after all them bacon butties, and cadbury choccies...lol

Seriously though I think one of the things is all the sugar in the food here in the US and I really do not have time to be reading the labels in the supermarket.

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Emacipation, I'm doing the same as you *sigh*

I just came back here yesterday, while I was at "home" I was doing really well. We'd go out to eat and I'd order smaller portions, or hit the salad and fruit bar. My problem was the beer, right to the middle UGH.

I keep telling myself I'll be fine once I'm down there. We're out in the middle of nowhere just about, he doesn't like junk food, and I know I'll feel guilty buying any when he's going to have to pay the bill. I'll have tons of work to do...mowing, painting, etc, building a new house. (Outside is DONE!!!) and I can walk till I'm lost.

BUT I came back last night, brought my bags in, and headed right out to the grocery store to get some chips and icecream.......well baked lays and frozen yogourt, but GADS, dunno why I do that.

I know better, I stopped at Herbal Magic and picked up some of their supplements the other week, now to get back on it. BTW, most of their supplements can be purchased alot cheaper at other stores.

2006/11/29 : I-129F Sent

2006/12/12: I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2007/02/22: I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2007/03/06: Package Left From NVC

2007/03/21: Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)

2007/03/27: Pkt 3 sent to Montreal Consulate

2007/03/28: Pkt 3 rec. @ Montreal Consulate

2007/04/12: Entered into system

2007/04/19: Medical

2007/07/25: Phone call, interview Aug/Sept. Email, at least 6 months for interview

2007/08/01: Phone call, 5-7 months

2007/08/08: Phone call. INTERVIEW

2007/08/16: Interview letter arrives.

2007/09/03: My baby girl leaves for Trent University

2007/09/12: Interview@8:15 APPROVED

2007/09/19: Visa received in hand

2007/10/08: POE Sarnia/Port Huron

2007/10/09: Home

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Jinky??! You're real?! Steven didn't make you up? :o

As real as Global Warming. ;)

lemme know how to send jinky the book about junk science and global warming, should make for some interesting times at your place :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

lemme know how to send jinky the book about junk science and global warming, should make for some interesting times at your place :P

Gary already tried to convert her when they all met in Manila. She's got a mind of her own. :P

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Gary already tried to convert her when they all met in Manila. She's got a mind of her own. :P

:P:thumbs:

"Our life & material possesions are just lent to us. We are all passers by. We bring nothing when we die,but leave behind the LOVE we have given & the goodness we have done."