Tristan1978

I-824 processing time for NVC Transfer

57 posts in this topic

On 05/03/2018 at 12:18 PM, WaitingInLine said:

I'm in Canada. From what I have been able to tell looking at what USCIS posts online as far as dates go, and what people here post, there seems to be a 4 month difference between the two so I am going by the assumption that they may actually be further ahead like June. Have you considered just paying the USCIS fee again and having your wife put in a new petition but this time done right? The processing fees for the I-824 and for a spousal petition aren't that far apart and the wait time may be shorter than waiting for the I-824 to get processed. In fact, I have a concurrent petition put in by my son in Sept 2017 who's over 21 for this same reason. I am just waiting the process out now to see which application makes it first.

Hi, what did you end up doing, did you start a new petition?

5 hours ago, Tristan1978 said:

Hi, what did you end up doing, did you start a new petition?

I have two petitions at the moment. One by my mom which had to be re-routed via I-824 to the local consulate (when she filed I used to live in the U.S.) and one by my son which he filed about 6 months ago. So at this point I am  waiting for an NOA2 for one application, and for my mom's NOA2 to reach the local consulate.

You?

44 minutes ago, WaitingInLine said:

I have two petitions at the moment. One by my mom which had to be re-routed via I-824 to the local consulate (when she filed I used to live in the U.S.) and one by my son which he filed about 6 months ago. So at this point I am  waiting for an NOA2 for one application, and for my mom's NOA2 to reach the local consulate.

You?

Hopefully you shouldn't be waiting too much longer for your son's petition.

I'm just trying to wait patiently, it's been nearly 5 months since we filed for the I-824 so I'm hoping for some news soon.

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 6/27/2018 at 1:06 AM, Tristan1978 said:

Finally, after months of worrying our I-824 was approved at the NBC yesterday!

I have same situation as you. May I know how long dose I 824 take to process to approve. 

My case my husband and me register married in USA and we submit the documents to apply spouse visa CR1 on 22 Jan 2018 we got Noa1 form TSC .

5 months after that i recived approval letter by TSC .

but they ask to submit I 485 form to adjust status.

or not if fill I 824 if we still want to process with consulate in Bangkok Thailand.

i have too many questions about the form and we have some box confuse to check in I 824 form.  

May I know how long dose it take to approve I 824 form 

Edited by Mmaruyama
Add more questions

8 hours ago, Mmaruyama said:

I have same situation as you. May I know how long dose I 824 take to process to approve. 

My case my husband and me register married in USA and we submit the documents to apply spouse visa CR1 on 22 Jan 2018 we got Noa1 form TSC .

5 months after that i recived approval letter by TSC .

but they ask to submit I 485 form to adjust status.

or not if fill I 824 if we still want to process with consulate in Bangkok Thailand.

i have too many questions about the form and we have some box confuse to check in I 824 form.  

May I know how long dose it take to approve I 824 form 

Are you in Thailand or the US? 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Tristan1978 said:

Are you in Thailand or the US? 

I have visit my husband and submit the form on January after we received the Noa1 letter by Texas . I’m going back to Thailand. 

Then on 7 May 218 until now I went back  to visit my husband agian in the state. 

And on 25 June 2018 we received the approval letter form TSC inform us we need to fill I 428.  To change our case back to consulate in Bangkok. 

Edited by Mmaruyama
Type wrong

1 minute ago, Mmaruyama said:

I have visa my husband and submit the form on January after we received the Noa1 letter by Texas . I’m going back to Thailand. 

Then on 7 May 218 until now I went back  to visit my husband agian in the state. 

And on 25 June 2018 we received the approval letter form TSC inform us we need to fill I 428.  To change our case back to consulate in Bangkok. 

OK so you originally filed for Adjustment Of Status and now you want to go through consular processing through Bangkok... Is this correct? 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Tristan1978 said:

OK so you originally filed for Adjustment Of Status and now you want to go through consular processing through Bangkok... Is this correct? 

I don’t think we fill for AOS and don’t know why they sent us That letter. And now we still want to process in Bangkok. 

On 6/29/2018 at 5:12 PM, Mmaruyama said:

I don’t think we fill for AOS and don’t know why they sent us That letter. And now we still want to process in Bangkok. 

Ok if it is a USCIS error then they have to fix it, however if you filed for AOS then you will have to submit an I-824. You need to check your original I-130 ASAP. 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
Update after try to Check my document and call Teir 2 USCIS To check on my case.

My case was approved form USCIS on 22nd June 2018. 
After we received the approval I-797 form USCIS we have called back to USCIS Texas to fix their mistake. Why I need to fill I-824.

Because we sent document to apply Spouse VISA CR1 and we want to process by consulate in Bangkok and and we didn't fill adjust of status USCIS should move direct to NVC after we got approval.

After that we have feedback informed us by mail our case have been shipped to NVC. We also have call back to talk with Tier 2 USCIS 3 times. All the official we have talked confirmed us USCIS already shipped our case to NVC on 12nd July 2018.

Now just have some concern about process to move to NVC. Check on case status online my case status still show " Case Was Received"

Try to contact NVC the official claim that some time it take 6 weeks to shipped to NVC and 8 Weeks to show case on the system. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.