Tristan1978

I-824 processing time for NVC Transfer

57 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, 

My I-130 was approved at the end of August 2017 but the USCIS have said it was filed for AOS and not CP so as I'm living in the UK I have filed an I-824 (which was received on November 2nd) I'm struggling to find out any info from the TSC as to how long they take to process the I-824 form, also does anyone have a ball park idea as to how long it might take to get the approved I-130 to the NVC

Many thanks

T

• 1 month later...

Guys, 

I have already asked this question but not had an answer....

My wife USC and I UKC filed the I-824 form to have my approved I-130 moved from the Texas Service Centre to the NVC but nobody seems to know the time frame for this. 

I have researched the I-824 processing time for NVC Transfer, but nowhere online shows any info.

Thanks 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Tristan1978 said:

Guys, 

I have already asked this question but not had an answer....

My wife USC and I UKC filed the I-824 form to have my approved I-130 moved from the Texas Service Centre to the NVC but nobody seems to know the time frame for this. 

I have researched the I-824 processing time for NVC Transfer, but nowhere online shows any info.

Thanks 

I have to tell you I am a little confused, so you filed I-130 it was approved at the Texas service center...once this happens it is automatically sent to NVC...there isn't any form you need to file, once your file online states sent to Department of state there would have been an approval letter mailed to the petitioner, and from there instructions on what will happen next. The petitioner would then call NVC get a case number and complete the NVC steps.

4 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I have to tell you I am a little confused, so you filed I-130 it was approved at the Texas service center...once this happens it is automatically sent to NVC...there isn't any form you need to file, once your file online states sent to Department of state there would have been an approval letter mailed to the petitioner, and from there instructions on what will happen next. The petitioner would then call NVC get a case number and complete the NVC steps.

That would be the case if my lawyer hadn't submitted the form incorrectly as an AOS, I am living in the UK so he should have filed the form for consular processing. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Tristan1978 said:

That would be the case if my lawyer hadn't submitted the form incorrectly as an AOS, I am living in the UK so he should have filed the form for consular processing. 

I know I am bothering you with all the questions, but need to get a good idea, your wife lives here in USA, and you live in UK right?

so your lawyer here worked with your wife in USA to file the I-130 forms right or wrong?

33 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I know I am bothering you with all the questions, but need to get a good idea, your wife lives here in USA, and you live in UK right?

so your lawyer here worked with your wife in USA to file the I-130 forms right or wrong?

This is all correct, without trying to be rude this is not really relevant to my question. 

Edited by Tristan1978

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Tristan1978 said:

This is all correct, without trying to be rude this is not really relevant to my question. 

When filing the I-130 there isn't anything that can go wrong, there aren't anything extra to send it, so I am not understanding what you mean when you say "That would be the case if my lawyer hadn't submitted the form incorrectly as an AOS, I am living in the UK so he should have filed the form for consular processing."

with the I-130 you send in the G-325A or I-130A depending the time frame it was sent it, once it is approved your lawyer would get the Approval as well as your wife, it then gets automatically forward to NVC. there is no AOS form that your/her lawyer would have sent in. Once the account gets to the NVC you would get a case # and then you would file the AOS, and DS-261.

when you say AOS I assume you mean Affidavit of Support or the Adjustment ofStatus.?

Just now, Khallaf said:

When filing the I-130 there isn't anything that can go wrong, there aren't anything extra to send it, so I am not understanding what you mean when you say "That would be the case if my lawyer hadn't submitted the form incorrectly as an AOS, I am living in the UK so he should have filed the form for consular processing."

with the I-130 you send in the G-325A or I-130A depending the time frame it was sent it, once it is approved your lawyer would get the Approval as well as your wife, it then gets automatically forward to NVC. there is no AOS form that your/her lawyer would have sent in. Once the account gets to the NVC you would get a case # and then you would file the AOS, and DS-261.

when you say AOS I assume you mean Affidavit of Support or the Adjustment ofStatus.?

My lawyer filed as an Adjustment of Status, but should have been consular processing as I reside in the UK. 

Timeline
Just now, Tristan1978 said:

My lawyer filed as an Adjustment of Status, but should have been consular processing as I reside in the UK. 

if he filed the I-130 an adjustment of status is not required. the basic I-130 is all that ever should have been submitted. 

4 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

if he filed the I-130 an adjustment of status is not required. the basic I-130 is all that ever should have been submitted. 

I do not understand what you mean, please elaborate? 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Tristan1978 said:

looking at the circumstance for which I understand:

1. your wife is a USC

2. you are a UK Citizen

3. you got married I assume in the UK

4. your wife is now in USA and you are in the UK awaiting clearance to immigrate to USA

IF the above is all answered to YES

only and I repeat only I-130 and associated documents would have been sent in, now the question is what exactly did the lawyer send in?

1 minute ago, Tristan1978 said:

I do not understand what you mean, please elaborate? 

do you know for certain that the lawyer sent in I-130? 

1 minute ago, Khallaf said:

looking at the circumstance for which I understand:

1. your wife is a USC

2. you are a UK Citizen

3. you got married I assume in the UK

4. your wife is now in USA and you are in the UK awaiting clearance to immigrate to USA

IF the above is all answered to YES

only and I repeat only I-130 and associated documents would have been sent in, now the question is what exactly did the lawyer send in?

do you know for certain that the lawyer sent in I-130? 

Yes the lawyer sent the I-130 and it has been approved as I have already stated in my original post. 

Timeline
Just now, Tristan1978 said:

Yes the lawyer sent the I-130 and it has been approved as I have already stated in my original post. 

I understand what you stated, but here is the problem, the Adjustment of Status is only done if you are ALREADY inside the USA

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Tristan1978 said:

do you know what your case # is?

I am doing my best to explain it I am sorry if you are becoming frustrated with me, but here is what takes place lawyer or no lawyer.

1. I-130 and I-130A are filed with needed documentation

2. NOA1 recieved

3. Approval--NOA2

4. case is AUTOMATICALLY transferred to DOS (Department of State)(NVC)

5. within a few weeks you call NVC get case #

6. Once you have case # you file AOS (Affidavit of support pay the fee)

7. DS-261 Package pay the fee

8. NVC process visa

9. Papers are sent to consulate for interview schedule.

10. Interview Complete passport returned VISA page included.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.