AJ001

NVC (November 2017 Approvals)

1,618 posts in this topic

Just got a really weird response from NVC Research: 

"The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry and is ready to accept fees, documents, and forms in support of this immigrant visa application. We will send detailed instructions to the petitioner, principal applicant, and/or attorney of record soon." 

Did other people receive this too? I submitted an inquiry to them 2 weeks ago and they said they didn't have it, but then I got my case number on the 20th. This is the first email I've gotten from them since then.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
13 minutes ago, ONEBADKATT said:

Funny thing is I tried before but wasnt able to do it. I went back a couple days ago and I just filled it out. I put in the USCIS case number where they asked for it. That's it

You don’t need NVC number to submit ds160. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
12 minutes ago, heartinKorea said:

"The National Visa Center (NVC) received your inquiry and is ready to accept fees, documents, and forms in support of this immigrant visa application. We will send detailed instructions to the petitioner, principal applicant, and/or attorney of record soon." 

Did other people receive this too? I submitted an inquiry to them 2 weeks ago and they said they didn't have it, but then I got my case number on the 20th. This is the first email I've gotten from them since then.

Please keep us posted. Never heard this either.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 minutes ago, heartinKorea said:

I would submit your ds160, schedule your medical and embassy appointment,

after calling NVC and confirming your case is ready.

goid Luck!!!

Timeline
Just now, AZSunshine78 said:

Please keep us posted. Never heard this either.

That’s probably because they submitted an inquiry before NVC had their number and when they were ready to reply the case was assigned a number. Use the number to track on NVC where your case is. My guess it’s getting processed to be sent out to embassy and that’s what they mean about fees and whatnot. 

1 minute ago, AZSunshine78 said:

I would submit your ds160, schedule your medical and embassy appointment,

after calling NVC and confirming your case is ready.

goid Luck!!!

i called them but they just said it's still "at NVC". It's not ready yet. So that's why the email is confusing.

1 minute ago, TNJ17 said:

That’s probably because they submitted an inquiry before NVC had their number and when they were ready to reply the case was assigned a number. Use the number to track on NVC where your case is. My guess it’s getting processed to be sent out to embassy and that’s what they mean about fees and whatnot. 

Maybe. I think it's probably also a canned response? Sounds more like what they would say for CR-1/IR-1. When I called NVC today they said my case is still there but they "don't process K1s, so it should be sent to the embassy shortly". Idk how long "shorly" is though, since many cases received the same day as mine have already been sent out.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, heartinKorea said:

i called them but they just said it's still "at NVC". It's not ready yet. So that's why the email is confusing.

I would say you should try calling them again and letting them know about the email you receive, maybe they will be explain more in detail.

I mean that's if you haven't called after you got the email.

3 hours ago, ONEBADKATT said:

Tho we didn't get our NVC number yet we've already submitted the ds-160. (NOA 2 date Nov 28). Will that pose a problem?

How did you submit the DS 160 without a case number? Thought you need NVC case number to do that! Just called NVC, they received my approval today (NOA 2 date Nov 7)

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Karim3_22 said:

How did you submit the DS 160 without a case number? Thought you need NVC case number to do that! Just called NVC, they received my approval today (NOA 2 date Nov 7)

You don’t. They only ask for USCIS number. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi guys,

So I received this from NVC Research:

NVC Research

1:06 PM (5 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif

Dear Sir/Madam:

We recently received your visa petition. We will send NVC processing instructions within 4 to 5 weeks. Please resubmit your inquiry if you have not received any information after 5 weeks.

and I called them and they confirmed they just received my case this morning.

please try calling now guys, hopefully they have it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.