Cenobite30

Where did I file?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello, all. I have what may be a stupid question. Is there any way I can find when/where I filed a previous petition? Or if anyone here could give an educated guess based on my circumstances?

Background: I am trying to file an I-130 for my current wife. The form asks about previous petitions filed on behalf of others, specifically the name of the beneficiary and the location and date of filing. Years ago, I filed a petition for a fiancee (not the same woman as my current wife) with the aim to get her a K-1 visa, but I don't know where those records are. USCIS said I could submit a FOIA request, but I expect that is going to be a long exercise in futility. It was August 2011 and at the time I was living in Michigan. It looks like now the I-129F is filed in Dallas, but has it always been that way?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Hmmmm I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that it’s probably California? Because I was once told a K-1 Visa is only processed in California? Maybe I’m wrong. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

May have just answered my own question!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/268905-where-to-send-i-129f-and-what-address-for-letters/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/359893-where-to-mail-i-129f-package/

These two threads, one from 2010 and one from 2012, both had petitioners mailing to the Dallas lockbox. I sent mine in 2011. Therefore I am of the belief that it was Dallas.

Thank you for your help.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
On 11/25/2017 at 2:21 AM, Cenobite30 said:

May have just answered my own question!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/268905-where-to-send-i-129f-and-what-address-for-letters/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/359893-where-to-mail-i-129f-package/

These two threads, one from 2010 and one from 2012, both had petitioners mailing to the Dallas lockbox. I sent mine in 2011. Therefore I am of the belief that it was Dallas.

Thank you for your help.

Dallas lockbox is where you send it, and your first the letter of your noa1 case number shows where it's filed.

Places has changed in the recent years since 2011 so depending on why you need it you may want to check that.

Edited by Naes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.