darkhorse

overseas K1 filing

44 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Right. Well, you do your thing your way making the calls to the people you think will help and I wish you the best of luck with all of it.

Yeah, I'll do that... but thanks for all YOUR "help" along the way.

toodles

4ce772a081.png

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Right. Well, you do your thing your way making the calls to the people you think will help and I wish you the best of luck with all of it.

:thumbs:

Esp since you cannot PHYSICALLY TALK TO ANY SERVICE CENTER. Nice one, darkhorse. Good job on the research. Maybe you can call the INS? :whistle:

Edited by devilette

Timeline

Esp since you cannot PHYSICALLY TALK TO ANY SERVICE CENTER. Nice one, darkhorse. Good job on the research. Maybe you can call the INS? :whistle:

Well since you really had no actual advice to offer ... Here's what I might do... call my CONGRESSMAN! Yep, not only do I pay taxes, I VOTE.

Tell me again why you bothered posting? Are you really that bored? Why waste your time? Better yet, why waste my time?

4ce772a081.png

Well since you really had no actual advice to offer ... Here's what I might do... call my CONGRESSMAN! Yep, not only do I pay taxes, I VOTE.

Tell me again why you bothered posting? Are you really that bored? Why waste your time? Better yet, why waste my time?

Wow, I vote too. And I've contacted my congressperson, regarding IMBRA, not on how to fill out my immigration forms.

They will not help you on how to file. You will need to do it yourself or pay a lawyer. I got an idea, why not use the resources afforded you on base? Oh, that's right, it's too easy. Call the INS instead!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Phew. Thank goodness you vote, because that's the first question they'll ask when they answer the phone. And they won't help non-voters. So congrats to you. I think you'll have a non-frustrating, buttery-smooth process.

(No one here was against you when you started asking question. No one is against you now. But because you're angry, you're refusing to see anything offered as help - you also refuse to see it because it isn't the answer you want. But there's tons offered in this thread to help you as well as all over this site. I hope you take advantage of it.)

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

darkhorse,

A few years back the National Customer [Dis]Service Center was opened and the public phone lines to the regional Service Centers were removed so that Service Center personnel could devote their time to processing petitions rather than answering phones.

It's not a cardinal sin to talk to anyone other than the NSCS, but it was created specifically so that you can't talk to anyone else.

Yodrak

My biggest issue right now is actually being able to contact someone from a service center that processes I-129F's. After talking to the USCIS free number today (not free from Germany) and realizing they could not help me, they made it sound like it was a cardinal sin to ask for anyone other than them....who could not help me.

Timeline

Well I spoke with the Air Force Legal Office on Wednesday. They didnt really offer any help... so I called the Army Legal Office and I eventually got in touch with a lady there that said "Sure they process K1's from Germany" She said they do it all the time... so now back to the U.S. Consulate in Frankfurt.

But were taking a short vacation so it will be a while before we find out anything.

4ce772a081.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Well I spoke with the Air Force Legal Office on Wednesday. They didnt really offer any help... so I called the Army Legal Office and I eventually got in touch with a lady there that said "Sure they process K1's from Germany" She said they do it all the time... so now back to the U.S. Consulate in Frankfurt.

But were taking a short vacation so it will be a while before we find out anything.

Right - after the I-129F petition has been filed in the US and approved in the US, the US consulate in Frankfurt "processes K1s". The process is they send out the necessary packets of information, they receive the returned information from the petitioner and beneficiary, they interview and they issues visas.

All of that is AFTER the I-129F petition is processed in the US.

Timeline

Right - after the I-129F petition has been filed in the US and approved in the US, the US consulate in Frankfurt "processes K1s". The process is they send out the necessary packets of information, they receive the returned information from the petitioner and beneficiary, they interview and they issues visas.

All of that is AFTER the I-129F petition is processed in the US.

Thats what we thought ( and were initially told)... but the Army legal office said they "accepted" K1 Visas for processing. I'm still skeptical myself until I actually see it...but there is a HUGE American military presence in Germany so maybe the Consulate processes the K1's as a courtesey.... At least I hope they do.

4ce772a081.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
Thats what we thought ( and were initially told)... but the Army legal office said they "accepted" K1 Visas for processing. I'm still skeptical myself until I actually see it...but there is a HUGE American military presence in Germany so maybe the Consulate processes the K1's as a courtesey.... At least I hope they do.

Unless there are some special concessions made for the military (and my guess is there are none aside from the occasional expedite granted for someone about to be deployed) this is how it works:

http://tinyurl.com/ykw6fu

Note on Where to File:

If you are filing for your fiance(e), file this petition at the Service Center with jurisdiction over your area of residence. See the related link "Where Do I File?" for which Service Center has jurisdiction over your area of residence.

If you are filing for your fiance(e) and live outside the United States, submit this petition to the Service Center with jurisdiction over your last place of residence in the U.S.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You need to make sure you are using the correct terminology.... K-1's are processed in Germany.. that is a fact...

What you need to ask is do the adjudicate/process I-129F petitions?

YMMV

Timeline

You need to make sure you are using the correct terminology.... K-1's are processed in Germany.. that is a fact...

What you need to ask is do the adjudicate/process I-129F petitions?

Oh thanks! Maybe I should look into that... :thumbs:

4ce772a081.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.