driss&allie

itty bitty baby steps in the returned petition process

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i learned this morning that our returned petition was recieved at the NVC on friday and was sent off to the California Service Center yesterday. i know it's not much but it just feels better knowing SOMETHING! it made me smile. that and the fact that the rep i talked to sounded exactly like Roz from Monsters, Inc. i could almost see her horned rimmed glasses and the under-the-nose lipstick, lol. so i guess i can start looking for the NOID/NOIR now, right? start fighting this thing with everything i've got. oh, and thanks to all of you for the help and encouragement! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sorry to hear about your situation...I am glad that you are staying positive and will fight this battle....Best of Luck!!!

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Looks like your timeline is about 2 months ahead of ours with the return, you dont think California will just cancel it? and hearing it takes about 6 months to get the paper before we can refile.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

i learned this morning that our returned petition was recieved at the NVC on friday and was sent off to the California Service Center yesterday. i know it's not much but it just feels better knowing SOMETHING! it made me smile. that and the fact that the rep i talked to sounded exactly like Roz from Monsters, Inc. i could almost see her horned rimmed glasses and the under-the-nose lipstick, lol. so i guess i can start looking for the NOID/NOIR now, right? start fighting this thing with everything i've got. oh, and thanks to all of you for the help and encouragement! :)

Good luck Allie! (F)

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline

Good luck to you and your fiance! Where are you guys in Morocco?

"Learn to speak from your heart and mind together - Live a life of truth and reality by the pure nature of experience and sight of something more powerful than life itself. Most of all love your children, spouse and family above all else."

"You have the right to dream, so have the belief and courage to make it happen."

Cheryl L. Hattari (Aicha)

crystalinewishes1@msn.com

My Petition - please help us all and read and sign this - refer your friends and family also to this link to also sign this petition.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

With a returned petition any knowledge is a comforting thing. Most of the time we spend totally in the dark about these petitions.

You still have a wait ahead of you but you are one step closer nontheless. Now is the time to prepare for the NOIR. Best wishes!

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:thumbs: Good luck and best wishes for going through this difficult process. I complain about our situation right now, and I can get inspiration from your positive attitude with this. Just keep pressing forward towards the goal!!

K3 Visa

03/26/06 Wedding day!!

waiting for documents to be translated and sent to me in US

05/21/06 Return to Egypt to visit for 9 wonderful days!

06/06/06 I-130 sent (finally!!)

07/12/06 NOA1

10/02/06 Approved!!!

07/20/06 I129f sent

07/24/06 NOA1

09/27/06 I129f approved!!!!

10/06/06 At NVC and case # assigned. Woohoo!!!

10/10/06 NVC sent K3 documents to Cairo today!!!

10/15/06 K3 documents received at Cairo consulate.

10/29/06 Packet 3 received.

11/01/06 Medical appointment

11/08/06 Medical certificate received

11/10/06 Packet 3 sent by delivery service

11/12/06 Packet received at consulate

02/05/07 Interview Date

02/16/07 10 day trip to Egypt

06/25/07 Home visit by field investigator

01/14/08 Got the email to send in his passport for visa!!!!

01/28/08 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!

03/17/08 Arrival in USA!!!!!!!

Timeline

Keep your chin up!!! Everytime I whine or complain about it taking so long, Mohammed says we are seasoning our love(ok well in his english this isnt exactly what he says but Im paraphrasing here!!!)When I ask him to explain he says anyone can fall in love when its easy and live, but when you have to fight and struggle to be together you come to realize how much it means. Just hold on to your love.....6 days more or 6 months more what is it really when you look at 50 more years together???

capture1-1.jpg

Picture114-1.jpg

Our Timeline

Sent I-129 f to csc on Dec 23,2006

Received Dec 26th

NOA1 Jan 3,2007

Check cashed Jan 5,2007

Touched Jan 13,2007

Touched May 15,2007

Touched July 17,2007

Touched July 18,2007

Touched July 20,2007

Touched July 22,2007

Touched Aug 12,2007

Touched Aug 13,2007

Touched Aug 14,2007

Touched Aug 15,2007

Touched Aug 22,2007

NOA2!!! Oct 31,2007

Case forwarded to Casa Nov 19, 2007

Interview Feb 6.2008

APPROVAL!!!

AP......now we wait

11-08-08 arrived in Atlanta

11-20-08 MARRIED!!!!!

Timeline
With a returned petition any knowledge is a comforting thing. Most of the time we spend totally in the dark about these petitions.

You still have a wait ahead of you but you are one step closer nontheless. Now is the time to prepare for the NOIR. Best wishes!

Well said - dark is a very hard place to be, so when you get that little bit of light - it sure does help a lot.

"Learn to speak from your heart and mind together - Live a life of truth and reality by the pure nature of experience and sight of something more powerful than life itself. Most of all love your children, spouse and family above all else."

"You have the right to dream, so have the belief and courage to make it happen."

My Petition - please help us all and read and sign this - refer your friends and family also to this link to also sign this petition.

Timeline
Keep your chin up!!! Everytime I whine or complain about it taking so long, Mohammed says we are seasoning our love(ok well in his english this isnt exactly what he says but Im paraphrasing here!!!)When I ask him to explain he says anyone can fall in love when its easy and live, but when you have to fight and struggle to be together you come to realize how much it means. Just hold on to your love.....6 days more or 6 months more what is it really when you look at 50 more years together???

You could not be more right than that! We all need to remember that our love will be strong through all things - we do not just marry and walk happily down the aisle together and go off about our lives - we work hard and go through separations and mountains of process to bring our lives together - we start out giving everything we have and more to each other and that makes for a much stronger, purer and brighter future. Love each other until the day you die and then marry each other again for eternity with God in heaven!

Timeline
Looks like your timeline is about 2 months ahead of ours with the return, you dont think California will just cancel it? and hearing it takes about 6 months to get the paper before we can refile.

i know there is a possibility that they could deny it but i refuse to dwell on it. when i found out that our petition had been returned, i knew we weren't going to be one of the lucky couples. our journey was going to be long and frustrating. i just keep in mind that it can't last forever and one day, driss and i will be together. if a denial is in our future, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, but like you and yours, casa has not seen the last of driss and allie! keep us in the know about your baby steps, too. lots of luck! :)

Timeline

i know there is a possibility that they could deny it but i refuse to dwell on it. when i found out that our petition had been returned, i knew we weren't going to be one of the lucky couples. our journey was going to be long and frustrating. i just keep in mind that it can't last forever and one day, driss and i will be together. if a denial is in our future, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it, but like you and yours, casa has not seen the last of driss and allie! keep us in the know about your baby steps, too. lots of luck! :)

Well said Allie!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

What a remarkable person you are, Allie -- your attitude is absolutely outstanding !!!

I have no doubt that you will make it through this challenge, and be rewarded with all the happiness you so obviously deserve.

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.