Alexandra08

Fraud Prevention Unit and Tattoos (Split)

4 posts in this topic

Timeline

My husband was placed under AP after his review, no additional documents were requested, they took his fingerprints and kept his passport.  After 60 days we still didn't know the reason why he was placed under AP, I contacted my local Senator they contacted the Embassy and was told that the reason why were his tattoos and his case was transferred to the Fraud Prevention Unit.  He has tattoos on his arms, one is his name the other his nickname, he is a former soccer player, on this back is our daughters name and our wedding anniversary date.  We have not heard back and I am very concerned.  Has anyone gone through this process and placed under the Fraud Prevention Unit? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Alexandra08 said:

My husband was placed under AP after his review, no additional documents were requested, they took his fingerprints and kept his passport.  After 60 days we still didn't know the reason why he was placed under AP, I contacted my local Senator they contacted the Embassy and was told that the reason why were his tattoos and his case was transferred to the Fraud Prevention Unit.  He has tattoos on his arms, one is his name the other his nickname, he is a former soccer player, on this back is our daughters name and our wedding anniversary date.  We have not heard back and I am very concerned.  Has anyone gone through this process and placed under the Fraud Prevention Unit? 

I’m sorry you’re going through this. My husband was denied after 6-months in AP but his tattoos were questionable. I don’t see what the problem is with your husband’s tattoos. Does he have any other tattoos? Does he have any kind of record? I know this is tough, and not knowing what’s happening is the worst. It’s been 10 months since my hubby’s interview and we are trying to fight their decision. It’s hard being away from him for so long, but I’ve been lucky enough to be able to visit him. 

Timeline

No additional tattoos, no criminal record, dui, dwi, our attorney has emailed plenty of times stating that it was an easy petition we have been together for 10 years married for 5, two children we are home owners, business owners.  It is very stressing.  I am sorry to hear about your situation and I do hope that you are able to meet with them again and get them to grant him his visa.  What I do not understand is why my husbands case was transferred to the Fraud Prevention Unit if it is for Tattoos and we were also told that the agency that will be reviewing the tattoos is the task force unit and they have a lengthy process.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Waivers and Admin Processes, as the OP's husband is going through  more then just normal AP~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.