Jump to content

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I sent the copy of my police clearance from Nigeria exactly how it should be done. However, I sent the scanned copy and I got the checklist of incomplete document. Does it mean I need to send the original copy from here because my assumption was that I will take it to the interview in Nigeria.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Staa said:

I sent the copy of my police clearance from Nigeria exactly how it should be done. However, I sent the scanned copy and I got the checklist of incomplete document. Does it mean I need to send the original copy from here because my assumption was that I will take it to the interview in Nigeria.

 

 

 

Maybe they misplaced your copy of the police clearance.

 

What exactly does the checklist say regarding that?


CR2

Step -Child

PD           10/2/17

Approval  3/23/18

NVC Received 4/12/18

Case # Received 6/11/18

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, waitin4mylove said:

 

Maybe they misplaced your copy of the police clearance.

 

What exactly does the checklist say regarding that?

It says the police clearance certificate I sent cannot be accepted. there was no specification on what the issue is. So im wondering if I need to send the original.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Staa said:

It says the police clearance certificate I sent cannot be accepted. there was no specification on what the issue is. So im wondering if I need to send the original.

Sounds like you sent a incorrect version of the document and sending the original wont help. 

 

Each country has a certain specification that they have to following regarding police clearances. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/NI.html 

 

Take a look at this link and see what the specifications for your country are and see if what you have is in accordance.

 

Click on "Police Court and Prison records"  on the left.

 

Edited by waitin4mylove

CR2

Step -Child

PD           10/2/17

Approval  3/23/18

NVC Received 4/12/18

Case # Received 6/11/18

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, waitin4mylove said:

Sounds like you sent a incorrect version of the document and sending the original wont help. 

 

Each country has a certain specification that they have to following regarding police clearances. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/NI.html 

 

Take a look at this link and see what the specifications for your country are and see if what you have is in accordance.

 

Click on "Police Court and Prison records"  on the left.

 

Thank you. Got the link, I probably need to pay attention to the colors that appeared on the scanned document

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2017 at 4:16 AM, Staa said:

I sent the copy of my police clearance from Nigeria exactly how it should be done. However, I sent the scanned copy and I got the checklist of incomplete document. Does it mean I need to send the original copy from here because my assumption was that I will take it to the interview in Nigeria.

 

 

Its 3 pages you needed to send to NVC. The red Police Certificate, The front and back of the PCC that  has your picture and your finger prints. Did you send all that or just the red PCC?

 

And you only need a copy sent they aren't asking for the original.


Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.
Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

:goofy:


Come join the current Interview thread: 

 

Case-Complete-to-Interview-November-2018/

Case Complete to Interview Form
Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
NVC Filers Wiki Process

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

Its 3 pages you needed to send to NVC. The red Police Certificate, The front and back of the PCC that  has your picture and your finger prints. Did you send all that or just the red PCC?

 

And you only need a copy sent they aren't asking for the original.

I just realized I sent only 2 copies. I didn't send the back page that had my passport. I just did another one because the last one is about to expire and I sent the 3 pages to my husband. thank you, really surprised I made such careless mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×