LION_P

Title Typo in my H1B petition

7 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I have a big trouble with my H1B petition. Fortunately my H1B lottery was confirmed this year, but USCIS asks for RFE(request for evidence).

There are two RFEs.

1. My payment is level 1(entry-level), but my job duty doesn't look like entry-level. This is common reason for RFE this year. I know how to explain.

2. My position was written as Mechanical Engineer, while I'm actually an Electrical Engineer here. Plus, my education background is electrical engineering and the job duties listed in the petition are defenitely electrically-related. Therefore, it's a obvious typo in the position.

My lawyer tends to ask me provide evidence that I have taken some mechanical courses during my education so that I can be a mechanical engineer. I can provide sth. However, it's obviously a mismatch between my job title(mechanical engineer) and job duties plus my education background (electrical).

Anybody knows how to fix it?

It seems not easy to fix the typo with USCIS. 

Thanks a lot.

Lion

Edited by LION_P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It is your Employer's lawyer who will deal with this, seems odd.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Yes. Seems very odd. From what I heard through the laywer, the title can not be changed during the RFE. I can either withdraw the petition or go ahead with providing some mechanically-related courses during my education, which makes me eligible for the title of mechanical engineer.

I believe it's hard to persuade the USCIS with the second option. I know It's really weird.

thanks for your comment though.

Lian

Hi Lion,

I am really feeling sorry for this happened with you but if it is possible in your country to arrange that certificates so might be helpful for this.

Secondly, I need some info from you that whether you paid something for this petition? or company paid for it and how it works can you explain in detail as I am also going to file for H1B.

5 hours ago, alisheikh021 said:

Hi Lion,

I am really feeling sorry for this happened with you but if it is possible in your country to arrange that certificates so might be helpful for this.

Secondly, I need some info from you that whether you paid something for this petition? or company paid for it and how it works can you explain in detail as I am also going to file for H1B.

It's paid by my company, which is typical in most petitions. You can also file yourself if your company agrees.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can not file by yourself.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.