17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guys

we went to dmv today to get an state id and i presented my passport, I-94, marriage certificate, bills, bank statements, notice of receipts of my AOS, but still i went home disappointed. my I-94 is expired already and the lady told me i have to renew it so they can issue me an id (huh :blink: ). even my husbands' explained, still she insisted to get a recent one so i can prove that i enter here legally :angry: !!!!!. now, im thinking im gonna be stuck at home sitting and wait for my aos interview till i can get a greencard which will take a couple of months (whew :whistle: ) or maybe a year waaaaa :crying:

is there any possibilities that i can get a learners permit and work without state id? :help:

thanks alot

K1

06/11/07 ----------- Received GC

Some state don't issue a driver's permit/license or state id until you got your GC.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

WI (assuming others too) have the same eligibility requirements for Temp/Learners permits as for 'regular' licenses.. =(

Worth reading (Link) they made some kind of changes effective April 01, 2007

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Try again when you have your EAD. It did the trick for me about 2 years ago. Good luck!

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

Timeline

its just so upsetting that it seems like they dont know what they are doing there. she first made a copy of my documents and then examine it especially my I-94 and I-797 Notice of action which is apparently listed on the new requirements now. we were on window 3 and she was very hesitant about the 797C Notice of action and she asked to their personel head on window 1, who is hesitant to answer too. goodness! im wondering if they should know whats going on.....geeezzz :protest:

thanks guys...i will do all what u suggest. thanks for the link Karin. i saved it

K1

its just so upsetting that it seems like they dont know what they are doing there. she first made a copy of my documents and then examine it especially my I-94 and I-797 Notice of action which is apparently listed on the new requirements now. we were on window 3 and she was very hesitant about the 797C Notice of action and she asked to their personel head on window 1, who is hesitant to answer too. goodness! im wondering if they should know whats going on.....geeezzz :protest:

thanks guys...i will do all what u suggest. thanks for the link Karin. i saved it

They do know what they are doing. Since your I-94 expired, you are technically out of status until you get your EAD or GC. They will not let you get a learners permit either I believe, based on a NOA. Seems you'll have to wait a while.

12140.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I had the EAD and everything but was sent away once because my SSC was in my maiden name.... It depends a lot on the person! Also I am pretty sure that you need proof of legal presence, and AOS receipts aren't considered as such. Try with EAD or GC!!!!

Good luck!

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

FYI...it's not the NOA1 that they are looking for, it's the NOA2 - approved petition they are looking for.

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
FYI...it's not the NOA1 that they are looking for, it's the NOA2 - approved petition they are looking for.

Yup. The NOA1 for our AOS wasn't at all what they wanted. It was either the EAD OR the Green Card. NOA1 just means your application has been received...to the DMV that means nothing other than you've applied.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Depends on the state. NOA1 is acceptable as proof of legal residence in Pennsylvania and some others, and is also considered proof under the REAL ID act (which isn't doing too well right now!).

Edited by Dr_LHA

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Depends on the state. NOA1 is acceptable as proof of legal residence in Pennsylvania and some others, and is also considered proof under the REAL ID act (which isn't doing too well right now!).

Wish Georgia would "get with the program" then...not that it matters now that Joel has his DL. Still, if all states were uniform in this area it would make things a lot less frustrating. Just MHO.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

thanks dr_LHA. as karin give me the link they didnt indicate which noa is it. i will try again when i get my EAD.

thanks again guys

K1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.