Jacque67

Russia funded Facebook and Twitter investments through Kushner associate

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Two Russian state institutions with close ties to Vladimir Putin funded substantial investments in Twitter and Facebook through a business associate of Jared Kushner, leaked documents reveal.

The investments were made through a Russian technology magnate, Yuri Milner, who also holds a stake in a company co-owned by Kushner, Donald Trump’s son-in-law and senior White House adviser.

The discovery is likely to stir concerns over Russian influence in US politics and the role played by social media in last year’s presidential election. It may also raise new questions for the social media companies and for Kushner.

Alexander Vershbow, who was a US ambassador to Russia under George W Bush and to Nato under Bill Clinton, said the Russian state institutions were frequently used as “tools for Putin’s pet political projects”.

Vershbow said the findings were concerning in light of efforts by Moscow to disrupt US democracy and public debate. “There clearly was a wider plan, despite Putin’s protestations to the contrary,” he said.

The investments are detailed in the Paradise Papers, a trove of millions of leaked documents reviewed by the Guardian, the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) and other partners, along with other previously unreported filings.

Facebook and Twitter were not made aware that funding for the investments came from the state-controlled VTB Bank and a financial arm of the state oil and gas firm Gazprom, according to Milner. A spokesman for Kushner declined to comment.

The files show that in 2011, VTB funded a $191m investment in Twitter. About the same time, Gazprom Investholding financed an opaque offshore company, which in turn funded a vehicle that held $1bn-worth of Facebook shares.

Timeline
2 hours ago, CaliCat said:

More smoke and more fire. Poor Sarah, having to spin all this into alternate facts.

She has been pretty quiet since arriving in Japan. Lots of crazy stuff going on and it's only the second day...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Jacque67 said:

She has been pretty quiet since arriving in Japan. Lots of crazy stuff going on and it's only the second day...

Lost in translation

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

Lost in translation

On tv this morning ( not Kushner related)

4 Trump Cards

1. Time first. Took helicopter to golf course to shorten trip by 30 mins (cf car)

2. Golf first. Signed a maga style hat with the words "Donald & Shinzo. Make Alliance Even Greater)

3. Hamburger first. Had a ¥1200 hamburger brought in from a restaurant for lunch.Chef told to make sure the meat was well done. Used American beef. Ketchup displayed on the table where they ate.

4. Joker. Piko Tarou to perform pen pineapple tonight.

today asked Japanese auto-makers if they could build cars in the US. Told business leader they are the rock stars of business.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Jacque67 said:

On tv this morning ( not Kushner related)

4 Trump Cards

1. Time first. Took helicopter to golf course to shorten trip by 30 mins (cf car)

2. Golf first. Signed a maga style hat with the words "Donald & Shinzo. Make Alliance Even Greater)

3. Hamburger first. Had a ¥1200 hamburger brought in from a restaurant for lunch.Chef told to make sure the meat was well done. Used American beef. Ketchup displayed on the table where they ate.

4. Joker. Piko Tarou to perform pen pineapple tonight.

today asked Japanese auto-makers if they could build cars in the US. Told business leader they are the rock stars of business.

LOL. The embarrassment continues. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, CaliCat said:

Expected. Making America a laughing stock one day at a time.

Yeah, the largest Toyota plant is made in the Prefecture of Kentucky, everyone is saying. Started new thread.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Aren't Twitter, Facebook and Google all about making money?  Is it up to them to filter or ban stuff, or just take in money from those paying?  I know, Hillary the self-anointed one lost and that is a travesty, but really, all this caterwauling about this stuff is really unbecoming.  People can do their own filtering, we do not need the media, or the social media companies to make these decisions for us.

https://lawnewz.com/high-profile/twitters-general-counsel-brags-about-hiding-tweets-with-dncleak-and-podestaemails-hashtags/

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!