Jer1234

Thanks for making this forum helpful with all the good advices

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My wife is my soulmate and everyday I realize more and more that I want to spend the rest of my life loving her and building a happy life with her :)..am currently waiting on my I 130 to be approved and I know if all goes well il be doing a "immigrant visa interview in my home country(Jamaica) next year..I know evidence of the union will be required for the interview along with supporting documents. .i have for evidence

1.original marriage certificate

2.hand written letters that wrote to each other

3.album filled with photos of the marriage ceremony and of us spending time together. .

*she already came twice and is planning another visit soon

Are there any other evidence I should know about?,

Thanks in advance for all of the positive advice:). .have a great day..

Edited by Jer1234
Left out important detail

Timeline

Not only pics of just you and her but also pics with family/friends, boarding passes, maybe a few chat pages, proof of any joint accounts, etc. However if you’ve already submitted the package you may not have a chance to show anything additional at the interview. It’s best to submit solid evidence with the petition. 

Be be sure to search this site in detail and the Jamaican portal. It helped us greatly!

Edited by angelbrown

Timeline
58 minutes ago, angelbrown said:

Not only pics of just you and her but also pics with family/friends, boarding passes, maybe a few chat pages, proof of any joint accounts, etc. However if you’ve already submitted the package you may not have a chance to show anything additional at the interview. It’s best to submit solid evidence with the petition. 

Be be sure to search this site in detail and the Jamaican portal. It helped us greatly!

Ok thanks angel brown..we submitted d marriage certificate ..birth certificates ..pics of the wedding and alot of pics of us spending time togather..shes only familiar with my mom n sisters by the way..how wud I get d chat pages?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Don't send albums.  Send photos together printed as many as nine per page, in color, on full sheets of plain paper.  No need to use photo paper. If the photos are already printed on less than full sheets, you can put two per page on color photocopies.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
10 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Don't send albums.  Send photos together printed as many as nine per page, in color, on full sheets of plain paper.  No need to use photo paper. If the photos are already printed on less than full sheets, you can put two per page on color photocopies.

Thanks pushbrk ..goodday ..am referring to the "immigrant visa interview thou..the final process when they will need to see evidence of d union . .anything to add to what angelbrown suggested ..we dont av any joint account as yet .only the marriage certificate. .pics of us n d family, letters ..printed emails ..maybe a copy of her passport with d dates she visited? Thanks thou pushbrk uve been helpful

13 hours ago, angelbrown said:

If on WhatsApp send to your email and print from there. 

Ok gm..I figured thanks angelbrown

Timeline

Did you submit any pics with the package? Remember you most likely won’t have a chance to show any evidence at the interview. And they especially won’t look at a full album or lots of pics. They will have already reviewed the petition before you even come to the window. 

Edited by angelbrown

Timeline
1 minute ago, angelbrown said:

Did you submit any pics with the package? Remember you most likely won’t have a chance to show any evidence at the interview. And they especially won’t look at a full album or lots of pics. They will have already reviewed the petition before you even come to the window. 

Ok with the package we submitted about 10 coloured printed pics of both the ceremony and of us spending quality time together. .there was also a pic of her n my mom..along with birth certificates n d marriage certificate

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jer1234 said:

Ok with the package we submitted about 10 coloured printed pics of both the ceremony and of us spending quality time together. .there was also a pic of her n my mom..along with birth certificates n d marriage certificate

We actually met  September last year over the internet ..she came to visit me in Jamaica  march 2017..and we got married in may 2017..she's planning to visit January for the 3rd time and hopefully if shes available she"ll joined me for the interview in around march ..

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jer1234 said:

Thanks pushbrk ..goodday ..am referring to the "immigrant visa interview thou..the final process when they will need to see evidence of d union . .anything to add to what angelbrown suggested ..we dont av any joint account as yet .only the marriage certificate. .pics of us n d family, letters ..printed emails ..maybe a copy of her passport with d dates she visited? Thanks thou pushbrk uve been helpful

Ok gm..I figured thanks angelbrown

Take the photos out of the album, or take reprints that are not in an album.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.