Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, S.S said:

Oh they asked for the 3rd medical? For how long they will be asking for medical. Did your brother also get DS5535( additional information questionnaire)after the interview... and by looking at this forum i see that the islamabad embassy is not issuing visas after june. I hope they start issuing visa really fast.

Yes 3rd madical 2nd was submitted in Feb 2018.no they didnt get ds5535

Timeline
5 hours ago, S.S said:

Oh they asked for the 3rd medical? For how long they will be asking for medical. Did your brother also get DS5535( additional information questionnaire)after the interview... and by looking at this forum i see that the islamabad embassy is not issuing visas after june. I hope they start issuing visa really fast.

My brothers had their interview in dec 2015

meanwhile few questions came in to mind:

1) why new D-260 required, and when it expire

2) why new finger prints required, and when it expire

3) when AOS expires and when need to submit again

4) at the time of interview I wasn't a tax filer, now i became so shall I submit documents myself proactively

need suggestion / expert advise

Timeline
2 hours ago, silverhawk said:

holy moly and your case pending since 2015! almost 3 years! why they denied on first place or put on wait for this long? 

Its long story... i have 3 brothers as an applicant.embassy spent 2 years for AP

Timeline
On 8/11/2018 at 6:42 PM, silverhawk said:

holy moly and your case pending since 2015! almost 3 years! why they denied on first place or put on wait for this long? 

@silverhawk Can you please suggest F2B docs check list which I will have to bring along with me to the interview. I have an interview in upcoming days. Also, please guide me I need to bring photos with my petitioner as well? FYI, my father is my petitioner. Moreover, Please give me some tips keeping in mind your interview experience.

After reading all comments AP experience is horrible. Is everyone go through this step? OR it applied on few randomly? OR where there are red flags only applied to them? Please share your experience. 

Regarding new changes I have read somewhere they are not giving visas to individuals where they feel sponsors are not financially sound. Like in your case your mother is not doing anything and your are totally relying on joint sponsor so the new instructions from Trump administration is don't give visas to applicants who are likely to be public charge in future. According to me that could be a reason as your case is in AP for so long. 

Thanks in advance. 

11 hours ago, WSI said:

@silverhawk Can you please suggest F2B docs check list which I will have to bring along with me to the interview. I have an interview in upcoming days. Also, please guide me I need to bring photos with my petitioner as well? FYI, my father is my petitioner. Moreover, Please give me some tips keeping in mind your interview experience.

After reading all comments AP experience is horrible. Is everyone go through this step? OR it applied on few randomly? OR where there are red flags only applied to them? Please share your experience. 

Regarding new changes I have read somewhere they are not giving visas to individuals where they feel sponsors are not financially sound. Like in your case your mother is not doing anything and your are totally relying on joint sponsor so the new instructions from Trump administration is don't give visas to applicants who are likely to be public charge in future. According to me that could be a reason as your case is in AP for so long. 

Thanks in advance. 

Can you please suggest F2B docs check list which I will have to bring along with me to the interview. I have an interview in upcoming days. Also, please guide me I need to bring photos with my petitioner as well? FYI, my father is my petitioner. Moreover, Please give me some tips keeping in mind your interview experience.

hey man! don't you worry. i'll help out with best of my knowledge, experience and share insider tips too; but always keep in mind that success is in the hands of allah (swt). so be optimistic, prepare hard, give it a best shot. rest you will be successful and shining in the end, insha allah. :)

i never heard of AP earlier until since few years, all use to be like counselor asks about general questions in interview and then here you go USA. being in AP is really a sad story and miserable condition, as you waited all this long, you provided everything as an evidence at all stages, your complied with every obligation for category stated as conditions for eligibility but you end up in AP then you don't even know when it will end. i pray this does not happen in your (or anyone) case.

not sure is it the case, or is there any thing other than stated until we clearly hear back from them. i'm (and others) are qualified, willing to work hard and have enough resources at disposal to survive legally without burden on anyone including US government, so why to fear. i'm confident this tough time will soon be over, insha allah.

when the going gets tough, tough gets going... :joy:

Thanks in advance.

wishing you good luck and success in advance.

Timeline
27 minutes ago, silverhawk said:

Can you please suggest F2B docs check list which I will have to bring along with me to the interview. I have an interview in upcoming days. Also, please guide me I need to bring photos with my petitioner as well? FYI, my father is my petitioner. Moreover, Please give me some tips keeping in mind your interview experience.

hey man! don't you worry. i'll help out with best of my knowledge, experience and share insider tips too; but always keep in mind that success is in the hands of allah (swt). so be optimistic, prepare hard, give it a best shot. rest you will be successful and shining in the end, insha allah. :)

i never heard of AP earlier until since few years, all use to be like counselor asks about general questions in interview and then here you go USA. being in AP is really a sad story and miserable condition, as you waited all this long, you provided everything as an evidence at all stages, your complied with every obligation for category stated as conditions for eligibility but you end up in AP then you don't even know when it will end. i pray this does not happen in your (or anyone) case.

not sure is it the case, or is there any thing other than stated until we clearly hear back from them. i'm (and others) are qualified, willing to work hard and have enough resources at disposal to survive legally without burden on anyone including US government, so why to fear. i'm confident this tough time will soon be over, insha allah.

when the going gets tough, tough gets going..:joy:

Thanks in advance.

wishing you good luck and success in advance.

Thanks for your quick response and well wishes JazakAllah ! 

Sorry but few questions still need to be answered.

1. Checklist ? means what docs I need to bring to my interview?

2. photos with my petitioner are required?

3. Your tips?

17 minutes ago, WSI said:

Thanks for your quick response and well wishes JazakAllah ! 

Sorry but few questions still need to be answered.

1. Checklist ? means what docs I need to bring to my interview?

2. photos with my petitioner are required?

3. Your tips?

first thing first,

1. make your medical envelope read

2. take 2x2 inched white background pictures, not older than six months, at least 8 to US consulate

3. your passport should have validity at least 24 months or higher

4. for interview NVC might have requested something to bring, so better go through this website and understood everything 

URL: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/interview-prepare.html

URL: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/applicant-interview.html

5. although we took most recent police certificates but they least bothered to look them up

6. i'm not sure about who sponsored you, what is your case actually because every case is unique, what is your current stats. answering these questions will help me to guide you along.

Edited by silverhawk

2 hours ago, S.S said:

Silverhawk.. May i know your visa catering and for how long you have been waiting? Did you also get DS5535 after the successful interview like me?

what is "catering", sorry i didn't understand that.

no DS5535 at all, i think it is expired now whoever appeared November onward not required provide from DS5535, unless someone from this forum got it for reasons.

Just now, silverhawk said:

no DS5535 at all, i think it is expired now whoever appeared November onward not required provide from DS5535, unless someone from this forum got it for reasons.

Sorry category i meant.

i got DS5535 form although its an expired form but people are getting it and i even dont know the reason for that. My husband sponsered me (green card holder). I got interview call after 2 years. Interview was successful, no document missing and they kept my passport but still i'm waiting for 6 months after the interview under some administrative  process.

5 minutes ago, silverhawk said:

Expired?? No ways.. I got it in Feb and many I heard got it till May 2018.. What would be the reason.. I think being Muslim and then Pakistani is enough. 

7 minutes ago, S.S said:

Sorry category i meant.

i got DS5535 form although its an expired form but people are getting it and i even dont know the reason for that. My husband sponsered me (green card holder). I got interview call after 2 years. Interview was successful, no document missing and they kept my passport but still i'm waiting for 6 months after the interview under some administrative  process.

uh, allah swt helps you out, don't worry. so question arises:

1) when you got DS5535 form (after interview or while interview)

2) have you provided DS5535 form to CO

3) they need time to validate, so be optimistic and hopeful, they might be working on it in background

4) is there any progress on dates after interview

administrative process mean due diligence and names check to ensure everything is in order. good luck girl, nothing worry. if haven't provided DS5535 to CO then better take expert advise from lawyer, if you have this privilege. 

Edited by silverhawk

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.