Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, M.R123 said:

Unfortunately, we are all helpless at this point in time 😥, there are no words (other than ISSUE) that could ease our pain.  The embassy asked for 2nd medical four months after my husband's first medical expired.  I would suggest to contact the embassy and just remind them (even if it doesn't matter to them) that your medical is about to expire, I did exactly that and I also contacted my Senators Case Manager to keep him up to date with everything.  All we can do is make every effort in our power and leave the rest up to Allah.     

Did you also get the email of additional information questionnaire after the successful interview? Yes i want to remind the embassy but my husband says just to wait. But i think its already taking too long and my husband is also coming this month so its better to remind them. What i observed in this forum is that after june visas are not issued for DS5535 administrative process.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 7/31/2018 at 8:16 AM, S.S said:

Hey any updates on your case.. did you get the visa?

Today my brother got change from Refused to Ready status after long time.

By the way what does Ready mean?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, numlian said:

wow that's great sign, mean his visa is in final progress and soon it will change to issue.. good luck

4 hours ago, S.S said:

Did you also get the email of additional information questionnaire after the successful interview? Yes i want to remind the embassy but my husband says just to wait. But i think its already taking too long and my husband is also coming this month so its better to remind them. What i observed in this forum is that after june visas are not issued for DS5535 administrative process.

Yes, they emailed the questionnaire a few days after my husband's interview.  In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with reminding them as they have so many cases and it could be possible they may have forgotten about some cases and put them aside.  I have a relative who retired from the US embassy in Islamabad many years back and he tells me that when he worked at the embassy the consular would put folders of peoples cases aside and would look at them after a long while for no apparent reason (this is what I've heard from a relatives personal experience).  Hopefully, we can change the trend and more people in this forum receive visas in the upcoming months.   

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Zaib212 said:

wow that's great sign, mean his visa is in final progress and soon it will change to issue.. good luck

Thankx zaib..... Can the embassy ask for oat or interview again?

55 minutes ago, M.R123 said:

Yes, they emailed the questionnaire a few days after my husband's interview.  In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with reminding them as they have so many cases and it could be possible they may have forgotten about some cases and put them aside.  I have a relative who retired from the US embassy in Islamabad many years back and he tells me that when he worked at the embassy the consular would put folders of peoples cases aside and would look at them after a long while for no apparent reason (this is what I've heard from a relatives personal experience).  Hopefully, we can change the trend and more people in this forum receive visas in the upcoming months.   

Oh yes that is possible, our files are pilling up just like that.. This all is so depressing.

how much we have to wait, we all have no answer to that.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Zaib212 said:

hmm if Counselor ask then they will email you or call

Embassy didn't email or call,but in ready statement ( your case is ready for interview etcccccc) but my brothers had their interview in Dec 2015. Then the case status was AP then embassy requested for fresh AOS and Medical in Feb.all these were submitted in April 2018.the status showed Refused.then embassy asked asked for IRS Tax Transcript of 2017.it was submitted in end of June.status was Refused till yesterday.today one of them status is Ready....

normally after Refused embassy change to issue as I notice on VJ.

Plz guide me from ready the embassy will change to AP again?

14 hours ago, numlian said:

hi numlian, that is indeed good news and sign, congratulations to both of you. but could you please more details for our knowledge that:

1) when he had an interview

2) what actually happened in an interview that CO assigned REFUSED initially

3) which letter CO gave to him while REFUSED; i.e. 221(g) or else

3) how much time he remained in REFUSED state after interview

4) did you provided any waiver to US consulate / CO that they revert from REFUSED to READY again

although status changed READY usually assigned when preliminary documentation of applicant seems to be in order and in next stage biometrics is required along with interview to determine eligibility. but assuming your brother already had an interview earlier, so they might be doing something internally to review case again based on internal responses / or probably calling again for biometrics and interview again (if provided waiver by petitioner/applicant). based on responses to above queries might be able to guide for next stage.

good luck

all i'm sharing very good advise for everyone that awaiting their interviews, for anyone those already have similar experience please be vocal.
  On 7/21/2018 at 4:15 AM, Love To Teach said:

My advice is expect to be harassed and treated like dirt, and if you aren't, thank God. Be wary, don't let them trick you into thinking they are going to be nice. They have already decided what they are going to do. Be very careful if you are led into a room with a Pakistani CO, and they close the door. 

I think in hindsight my husband's mistake was expecting a civil interview, as the first CO lulled him into thinking they were going to be nice. Beware if you are taken into the "torture" chamber with a Pakistani man and don't sign anything, even if threatened. My husband didn't know (and frankly, I didn't either) that he could have had a lawyer with him or just walk out. He saw no escape from their intimidation and threats other than signing the papers they had prepared (falsely saying he is still married to his first wife). He was so muddled, he wrote what they dictated....big mistake! 

They honed in on him being my 5th husband, and when he didn't have a problem with that, they took advantage of his cultural guilt for being divorced. The Pakistani man screamed prayers from Islam (my husband tried to explain  to me why this particular one was so important), hurled insults, lies, accused us of paying for our papers, and basically treated him like a criminal until he broke down and did what they wanted. Thisman kept screaming at him he was still married to the woman who "gave him 4 beautiful children." (As if he would talk like that. It was so obvious it was dictated.)

Don't sign anything, take a lawyer if you have any red flags, stand up to their lies, and don't let them break you. They will say and do anything to deny a person. This is all pre-decided as to what they are going to do. The sad part is that the US embassy hires local people to do their dirty work.

Thank God, my husband got a good job in Dubai, so IF (and that's a big IF) our new CR1 (hoping to get it in by the end of this month) is approved, he will have his interview there. Many lessons learned. The CO's do not have to be civil or truthful. They are allowed to treat the interviewee like a criminal being interrogated, and interviews are not recorded (how convenient for them!).

Yeah, I'm bitter because this is just wrong in every way. We filed a formal complaint. I don't care if it puts a target on our back, because I teach my students to stand up to bullies, and how can I do that if I don't do the same thing? Maybe this will help someone else because they need to stop this coercion now.

They knew they didn't have anything on us, so they invented  a way to get my husband to crack. If it can happen to my husband, who is educated, well-traveled, professional, older, helps the Pakistan government with tourism (even with that US Embassy), and speaks English well, it can happen to anyone. Recently, again, he was asked by the US Embassy there in Islamabad to talk to their new hires about tourism. He even took them on an excursion into the mountains. (Yes, he's a lot nicer than me..lol). These visa interviews could all be held in a civil fashion.

I have to say that if you are both Pakistanis, Muslims, or if it is a male petitioning a female, you probably won't have problems. Some people just waltz through. It just depends on what they have decided and if you have any red flags. We thought because we are so much older than most (50's, 60's) and have been together for 7 years with now 9 visits, that we wouldn't be seen as a threat for him to immigrate.

They also tried a similar thing with another couple we know. Luckily, he didn't break down.

Good luck!!!

then my response:

i wish this post could have been wrote before Nov'17 so that we (including many readers) take benefit as advised.

alert signs before interview in US consulate:

1) when you are advised to wait longer before biometrics

2) when someone curious upon your entrance in consulate premises that, what is the purpose of visiting and who sponsored you (and accompanied)

3) when someone from behind the glass window constantly watching through every processing and keeping close eyes on you (and accompanied)

4) when you are called in confined room for an interview and you find yourself with two gentlemen, English speaking and Urdu speaking simultaneously, are conducting interview

5) when CO act interrogative, hostile, rude most of the time and constantly telling you that "they don't believe you" and/or "you are lying"

6) they give you paper and pen to write your statement on embassy paper then sign it

above mentioned signs clearly helps you to recognize that you (and accompanying) are in deep trouble, because unfortunately, nobody knows how CO will treat until it is all over. everybody walk in to consulate with smile and feeling of gratitude that we are about to get visa stamped in passports, but believe me, it is not the case for majority of visitors.

she explained very well in above post, what to do and how to behave, but unfortunately for many of us it is already too late. please share your experiences too, has anyone gone through similar situation, because we did.

source thread on page 03.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, silverhawk said:
all i'm sharing very good advise for everyone that awaiting their interviews, for anyone those already have similar experience please be vocal.
  On 7/21/2018 at 4:15 AM, Love To Teach said:

My advice is expect to be harassed and treated like dirt, and if you aren't, thank God. Be wary, don't let them trick you into thinking they are going to be nice. They have already decided what they are going to do. Be very careful if you are led into a room with a Pakistani CO, and they close the door. 

I think in hindsight my husband's mistake was expecting a civil interview, as the first CO lulled him into thinking they were going to be nice. Beware if you are taken into the "torture" chamber with a Pakistani man and don't sign anything, even if threatened. My husband didn't know (and frankly, I didn't either) that he could have had a lawyer with him or just walk out. He saw no escape from their intimidation and threats other than signing the papers they had prepared (falsely saying he is still married to his first wife). He was so muddled, he wrote what they dictated....big mistake! 

They honed in on him being my 5th husband, and when he didn't have a problem with that, they took advantage of his cultural guilt for being divorced. The Pakistani man screamed prayers from Islam (my husband tried to explain  to me why this particular one was so important), hurled insults, lies, accused us of paying for our papers, and basically treated him like a criminal until he broke down and did what they wanted. Thisman kept screaming at him he was still married to the woman who "gave him 4 beautiful children." (As if he would talk like that. It was so obvious it was dictated.)

Don't sign anything, take a lawyer if you have any red flags, stand up to their lies, and don't let them break you. They will say and do anything to deny a person. This is all pre-decided as to what they are going to do. The sad part is that the US embassy hires local people to do their dirty work.

Thank God, my husband got a good job in Dubai, so IF (and that's a big IF) our new CR1 (hoping to get it in by the end of this month) is approved, he will have his interview there. Many lessons learned. The CO's do not have to be civil or truthful. They are allowed to treat the interviewee like a criminal being interrogated, and interviews are not recorded (how convenient for them!).

Yeah, I'm bitter because this is just wrong in every way. We filed a formal complaint. I don't care if it puts a target on our back, because I teach my students to stand up to bullies, and how can I do that if I don't do the same thing? Maybe this will help someone else because they need to stop this coercion now.

They knew they didn't have anything on us, so they invented  a way to get my husband to crack. If it can happen to my husband, who is educated, well-traveled, professional, older, helps the Pakistan government with tourism (even with that US Embassy), and speaks English well, it can happen to anyone. Recently, again, he was asked by the US Embassy there in Islamabad to talk to their new hires about tourism. He even took them on an excursion into the mountains. (Yes, he's a lot nicer than me..lol). These visa interviews could all be held in a civil fashion.

I have to say that if you are both Pakistanis, Muslims, or if it is a male petitioning a female, you probably won't have problems. Some people just waltz through. It just depends on what they have decided and if you have any red flags. We thought because we are so much older than most (50's, 60's) and have been together for 7 years with now 9 visits, that we wouldn't be seen as a threat for him to immigrate.

They also tried a similar thing with another couple we know. Luckily, he didn't break down.

Good luck!!!

then my response:

i wish this post could have been wrote before Nov'17 so that we (including many readers) take benefit as advised.

alert signs before interview in US consulate:

1) when you are advised to wait longer before biometrics

2) when someone curious upon your entrance in consulate premises that, what is the purpose of visiting and who sponsored you (and accompanied)

3) when someone from behind the glass window constantly watching through every processing and keeping close eyes on you (and accompanied)

4) when you are called in confined room for an interview and you find yourself with two gentlemen, English speaking and Urdu speaking simultaneously, are conducting interview

5) when CO act interrogative, hostile, rude most of the time and constantly telling you that "they don't believe you" and/or "you are lying"

6) they give you paper and pen to write your statement on embassy paper then sign it

above mentioned signs clearly helps you to recognize that you (and accompanying) are in deep trouble, because unfortunately, nobody knows how CO will treat until it is all over. everybody walk in to consulate with smile and feeling of gratitude that we are about to get visa stamped in passports, but believe me, it is not the case for majority of visitors.

she explained very well in above post, what to do and how to behave, but unfortunately for many of us it is already too late. please share your experiences too, has anyone gone through similar situation, because we did.

source thread on page 03.

We had a similar experience (although my husband was not asked to sign anything).  My husbands mistake?  Not making sure his father updated the FRC and his ex wife updated her CNIC.    If a Pakistani was previously divorced expect a lot of scrutiny and possibly a refusal.    We left the embassy very hurt and confused.   As I waited for our NOIR I kept thinking there must be something else the embassy found because we supplied all required documents and what I stated above should not be a reason for denial... but the above is exactly what was listed in the NOIR (along with a few other blanket statements).   So lucky for us we had all this fixed 6 days after the interview and were able to provide it quickly but we are now waiting for a second interview and praying daily that this one goes smooth.  

4 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

We had a similar experience (although my husband was not asked to sign anything).  My husbands mistake?  Not making sure his father updated the FRC and his ex wife updated her CNIC.    If a Pakistani was previously divorced expect a lot of scrutiny and possibly a refusal.    We left the embassy very hurt and confused.   As I waited for our NOIR I kept thinking there must be something else the embassy found because we supplied all required documents and what I stated above should not be a reason for denial... but the above is exactly what was listed in the NOIR (along with a few other blanket statements).   So lucky for us we had all this fixed 6 days after the interview and were able to provide it quickly but we are now waiting for a second interview and praying daily that this one goes smooth.  

what is NOIR, does embassy inform in written about NOIR and how long it will take to reach applicant.

Timeline
Just now, silverhawk said:

what is NOIR, does embassy inform in written about NOIR and how long it will take to reach applicant.

NOIR comes from USCIS after the Embassy returns the case.   We received it 5 months after the interview.  We sent a rebuttal and our case was reaffirmed in 14 days.  We are now waiting for our second interview.

15 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

NOIR comes from USCIS after the Embassy returns the case.   We received it 5 months after the interview.  We sent a rebuttal and our case was reaffirmed in 14 days.  We are now waiting for our second interview.

so this mean, the nvc case status was refused, am i right

Timeline
5 minutes ago, silverhawk said:

so this mean, the nvc case status was refused, am i right

Our case changed from AP  to returned to NVC and has not updated on ceac since January 4th.  Not sure when in the process it updates NVC is unable to answer that question.

Edited by Ahmed&Freda

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.