Zaib212

US Consulate Islamabad AP update

2,886 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, M.R123 said:

I informed the embassy when my husband's first medical was about to expire, although it didn't do much for me but it was worth a try.  

I see... I think all of our tries to remind embassy ourselves are useless.. At least there should be a time frame even long for every case so that we can imagine our turn.. :(:(

2 hours ago, M.R123 said:

I did inform the embassy that I was in Pakistan and would be more than happy to provide them with any information they may need and I also sent them some new pics of my husband and I as we were out and about in Pakistan.  I also informed my Senator's personal assistant that I was in Pakistan visiting my husband.  As I was traveling back to the U.S. I had consistent updates from the day I was on the flight up until 2-3 days after I got back to the States.         

I see.. Did the islamabad embassy ever reply to you about your visit intimation or anything? We have not contact the senator yet.. i pray that you get your visa soon and please let us know also :)

Yes there should be a time frame atleast as its very difficult time for all of us.

4 hours ago, S.S said:

I see.. Did the islamabad embassy ever reply to you about your visit intimation or anything? We have not contact the senator yet.. i pray that you get your visa soon and please let us know also :)

Yes there should be a time frame atleast as its very difficult time for all of us.

They did reply back but with their auto-generated response stating: "Unfortunately, it is difficult to predict the amount of time the processing will take and timing varies based on the individual circumstances of each case.  Please be assured that we are aware of your concerns and will process the application to completion as quickly as possible, in accordance with U.S. laws.  We recognize that this process can be frustrating for applicants and regret any inconvenience." 

JazakAllah for your kind prayers :).  May Allah help us all get through these hard times and may we all be reunited with our loved ones, Ameen.  I will keep you all updated on the progress of my case.    

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 7/5/2018 at 7:04 AM, Munazza said:

Five months in Ap, medical about to expire in a week.. Is it the time to remind embassy about the expiration of medical??

hope you get response soon. wish you all the best

Timeline

Salaam everyone,

I hope everyone are doing well. I am not getting no more update from Embassy. I even sent inquiry o June 11 and my case was update on that day but they never response me, then i contact senator 2 weeks they did send inquiry as well, and still waiting. My case has not been update since June 11..I hope pray that everyone are are stuck in AP get some updates soon. I know we have been waiting for many many months. Allah knows best. Sab ki dil ki murad pori kare and may Allah unit you with your love one. Ameen..

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mia12392 said:

I feel as if they have stopped issuing visas for August 2016 people who are in ADMIN Process. Going on my 11th Month in AP. 

I feel the same way, and you mean 2017.:whistle: I didn't get any response from senator as well, and this is the 3rd week

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Zaib212 said:

I feel the same way, and you mean 2017.:whistle: I didn't get any response from senator as well, and this is the 3rd week

I sent an Inquiry to the embassy today stating that I have spoken to my Lawyer and he suggest to file a Writ of Mandamus. let's see what they say. They might even delay me now because it's a law suit. :(

hi everyone, so long since been here in forum. how is everyone here? 

so whats up! who got visa and traveled to las vegas? meanwhile absence. is there someone who appeared on Nov, 2017 and still awaiting for response (or luckily got visa and already in USA) so please let know or privately. few days back i called US consulate and they said that will response in 2 business day about progress. but till day it is over a week. sometimes i wonder their clocks have same 24 hours / 1440 minutes / 86400 seconds per day, or wondering that time probably arrived when day is comprising of 50,000 days of earth, or something like it. :jest: ain't it?

life is at standstill, neither we can abort the ship nor aboard this ship. so helpless on top of that clueless. however, today i came to know from US consulate officer that might be disturbing for all "221g is actually a technically temporary refusal letter" so hope that consular will revert and reconsider decision otherwise, bye bye america, whoever got 221g including me.

On 7/10/2018 at 9:45 PM, Mia12392 said:

I sent an Inquiry to the embassy today stating that I have spoken to my Lawyer and he suggest to file a Writ of Mandamus. let's see what they say. They might even delay me now because it's a law suit. :(

congratulations, you just kicked a ticking time bomb, now either it will explode or just stop ticking.

by the way how much it cost to kick time bomb in your case, do we need deep pockets to hire reasonable attorney, also such case how much average time need to come up with decision?

Timeline
1 hour ago, silverhawk said:

congratulations, you just kicked a ticking time bomb, now either it will explode or just stop ticking.

by the way how much it cost to kick time bomb in your case, do we need deep pockets to hire reasonable attorney, also such case how much average time need to come up with decision?

I believe the lawyer charges 3k for lawsuit. But for my husbands case it shouldn't take two years after the interview for a person to receive his/her visa. Filing the Lawsuit will give the embassy 60 days to make a decision. 

15 minutes ago, Mia12392 said:

I believe the lawyer charges 3k for lawsuit. But for my husbands case it shouldn't take two years after the interview for a person to receive his/her visa. Filing the Lawsuit will give the embassy 60 days to make a decision. 

good luck and i'm going to buckle up as well, enough is enough, lets make decision, either yea or nae, thats it.

Timeline
1 hour ago, silverhawk said:

i think this is the only way to puch them to make decision on your case or else then forget it.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, silverhawk said:

good luck and i'm going to buckle up as well, enough is enough, lets make decision, either yea or nae, thats it.

Yea it's about time we put our foot down. I don't care now if his visa gets denied at least I know I have a response from the embassy and I can decide what I want to do with my life. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.